+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
In general, having a spouse join you in Canada if you are a PR or citizen then having your spouse join you is not considered an H&C reason. The big issue is that ties to Canada will become even stronger when you have a baby and the spouse is unlikely to leave. We are seeing more approvals of TRVs for spouses of citizens and PRs due to covid so it is definitely worth a try but you should have a plan B.
Thank you so much for your reply.I am a permanent resident.My husband is in Indian army and he will show his proof of returning back to India after my delivery.
Anyways if i apply for TRV,how much is the processing time?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your reply.I am a permanent resident.My husband is in Indian army and he will show his proof of returning back to India after my delivery.
I think you should apply as soon as possible because due to covid IRCC cannot:
  • process applications normally
  • give accurate processing times for most applications

Reactions: komalpreet28

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has your husband already done biometrics? How long a visit will he be requesting?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Have you applied for spousal sponsorship since you are PR. A visitor visa will be more of a challenge because you are PR. Has he done biometrics because offices in India are closed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
Have you applied for spousal sponsorship since you are PR. A visitor visa will be more of a challenge because you are PR. Has he done biometrics because offices in India are closed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
No he hasn’t got his biometrics done.My husband is a government employee so he himself was not willing to get PR with me.We will try for his PR it once he gets retired after few years.

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
Hi Kool_Sunny,

Can you please let me know how to Visit Canada without biometrics? I have got PHAC approval but dont have a valid visa yet - application submitted. My initial assumption was that the PHAC approval letter acts as a single entry visa. If thats not the case, what am I to do with the PHAC approval letter...Can I book a Biometrics appointment (India VACs dont seem to take appointments now).
Hii can i know for which reason you got PHAC approval?As i m pregnant and i send them the documents signed by doctor but PHAC denied the approval.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No he hasn’t got his biometrics done.My husband is a government employee so he himself was not willing to get PR with me.We will try for his PR it once he gets retired after few years.
He will needs biometric for his visitor visa to be processed. If you have a normal pregnancy you will not receive PHAC approval and it doesn’t get around him needing a visa with biometrics.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Biometrics is the issue. They aren’t available for him in India so would have to travel abroad but due to covid most countries are not currently accepting people from India. Canada isrequiring biometrics for a PHAC approval for normal pregnancy. For critical illness biometrics or funeral biometrics may be waived for PHAC. Your spouse still needs to have TRV approved. Impossible to say what will happen but if you immigrated while he didn’t want to immigrate untill he retires unfortunately he must have made peace with not being around in person for a large portion of your child’s childhood,

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
Biometrics is the issue. They aren’t available for him in India so would have to travel abroad but due to covid most countries are not currently accepting people from India. Canada isrequiring biometrics for a PHAC approval for normal pregnancy. For critical illness biometrics or funeral biometrics may be waived for PHAC. Your spouse still needs to have TRV approved. Impossible to say what will happen but if you immigrated while he didn’t want to immigrate untill he retires unfortunately he must have made peace with not being around in person for a large portion of your child’s childhood,
Thank you for your reply..how can we get biometrics done before sending documents to PHAC..i mean do we need any instruction letter from immigration canada for biometrics or should we get it done ourselves..
I had to come here before may 2021,otherwise my visa would have expired..i moved to canada recently in march and i thought that things will be fine till my delivery so my husband will be able to come here at that time…i’ll be going back to India soon and we will enjoy our baby’s childhood together.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply..how can we get biometrics done before sending documents to PHAC..i mean do we need any instruction letter from immigration canada for biometrics or should we get it done ourselves..
I had to come here before may 2021,otherwise my visa would have expired..i moved to canada recently in march and i thought that things will be fine till my delivery so my husband will be able to come here at that time…i’ll be going back to India soon and we will enjoy our baby’s childhood together.
Both you and your child need to meet the residency requirement to have your healthcare covered. Depending on the province that will be between 6-12 months each. Otherwise you can be asked to pay back all of the health services you or you baby received. The residency rules are in place to prevent people from coming to Canada to use healthcare and leaving which is exactly what you are doing. You can pay up front if you know you won’t be meeting the residency obligations. Your spouse will need to wait for a request to submit biometrics. He will need to travel to another country to do biometrics unless VFS in India opens up to visitors. Visitors have not been able to do biometrics in India for over a year. Most have gone to UAE or Nepal but don’t believe either option is available at the moment.

Reactions: YVR123

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
Both you and your child need to meet the residency requirement to have your healthcare covered. Depending on the province that will be between 6-12 months each. Otherwise you can be asked to pay back all of the health services you or you baby received. The residency rules are in place to prevent people from coming to Canada to use healthcare and leaving which is exactly what you are doing. You can pay up front if you know you won’t be meeting the residency obligations. Your spouse will need to wait for a request to submit biometrics. He will need to travel to another country to do biometrics unless VFS in India opens up to visitors. Visitors have not been able to do biometrics in India for over a year. Most have gone to UAE or Nepal but don’t believe either option is available at the moment.
Thank you again..but its not that i’ll not be back after it…i’ll again come back to canada after 4-5 months for pursuing my study..and there is no rule and obligation that says that we have to stay here only and can’t go back to our country to meet them..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you again..but its not that i’ll not be back after it…i’ll again come back to canada after 4-5 months for pursuing my study..and there is no rule and obligation that says that we have to stay here only and can’t go back to our country to meet them..
Processing for the visa will take at least 5 months and that doesn’t include biometrics. PHAC is used for specific instances (critical care/end of life). Your doctor has to fill out the PHAC form. Getting PHAC doesn’t circumvent biometrics or visas. Right now there are no options to get biometrics. Also you are married so the chance of a visa is low as you should be sponsoring him not applying for a visitor visa.

Also you need to meet RO to sponsor him and be in Canada to do so. You said you came in May before expiration so do you meet RO to even sponsor him? If not getting a visitor visa will be even more of a challenge. You may need a plan to give birth without him. You say you are 29 weeks and due week of September 1 which would not be right. You would be due at the end of July.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That’s nice , but how does meeting the RO guy into the equation?