+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, I am trying to apply Visa for my mother in Law. I verified online for her bio metrics status and it was mentioned that her bio metrics are still valid for another 10 years(this is her visa renewal as her passport expired).
I am trying to apply the PHAC form.
In the Letter of Required Support (PDF) and Site Visit Authorization Form (PDF) what should I mention in the field - Name of facility, location or service for site visit? Is it my home address ?
Can someone please advise .
Pregnancy is not really a PHAC, you should just apply for a normal TRV or supervisa. PHAC is primary used for emergencies like funeral, sudden serious medical incident. The visas granted are often shorter and single entry. A normal TRV or supervisa will likely be better.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I am trying to apply Visa for my mother in Law. I verified online for her bio metrics status and it was mentioned that her bio metrics are still valid for another 10 years(this is her visa renewal as her passport expired).
I am trying to apply the PHAC form.
In the Letter of Required Support (PDF) and Site Visit Authorization Form (PDF) what should I mention in the field - Name of facility, location or service for site visit? Is it my home address ?
Can someone please advise .
Why your mom could not come to Canada back in April? From what I saw, she has a valid visa expiring this month.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
hi. I am i
Hi everyone,
I applied for TRV for my wife's parents in January and I thought the situation will change and the visa will be processed normally. My wife is pregnant and expecting in July. We are thinking of applying for PHAC approval. I got the form signed from the doctor, now I am confused about the site visit authorization form which is required to process the application. we are both on PR.

Do I have to book hotel for their 14 day quarantine and provide the hotel bookings with the PHAC application to indicate that they will finish 14 day quarantine at the hotel?
I am really confused with all this. Could you please share your experience with PHAC approval?
Hi, I am in similar situation. Could you please help and confirm if biometrics are not needed if we get PHAC approval?
I have not yet got the form signed from doctor .. Please share your inputs . thank you

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
What does the PHAC letter state? Does it say there is an exemption from biometrics.
hello, I am in similar situation. can you please confirm if we get PHAC then biometrics is not required. I have submitted TRV application for parents but PHAC not yet done. I wanted to confirm on biometrics whether they need to be done or not if we get PHAC. pls pls pls respond. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello, I am in similar situation. can you please confirm if we get PHAC then biometrics is not required. I have submitted TRV application for parents but PHAC not yet done. I wanted to confirm on biometrics whether they need to be done or not if we get PHAC. pls pls pls respond. thanks
No I can’t confirm because biometrics are almost always required. PHAC is not a way to get around biometrics and the PHAC letter will state it. Your doctor fills out the form and if it is for end of life or critical care, there may be exception. Also the PHAC letter is for a specific period to come to Canada, and if you don’t have a TRV, then the PHAC letter may expire. So your parents will need biometrics.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Biometrics are sometimes waived if there is an emergency an travel must happen right away. PHAC cases for normal pregnancy have not had their biometrics waived except for the first few cases. Once many people started applying for PHAC for a normal pregnancy IRCC came to a compromise and still approved PHAC but then treated the application like other TRVs. In many instances a normal TRV will actually result in a better visa that is more likely to be multi-entry, will be longer and will not expire in the months after being issued.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Why your mom could not come to Canada back in April? From what I saw, she has a valid visa expiring this month.
Due to flight ban, they were unable to travel. And my due date is Sep. I need most help after Sep. What if they dont get an extension after coming here

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Biometrics are sometimes waived if there is an emergency an travel must happen right away. PHAC cases for normal pregnancy have not had their biometrics waived except for the first few cases. Once many people started applying for PHAC for a normal pregnancy IRCC came to a compromise and still approved PHAC but then treated the application like other TRVs. In many instances a normal TRV will actually result in a better visa that is more likely to be multi-entry, will be longer and will not expire in the months after being issued.
Can we apply a regular TRV now. I just saw online that we can only do TRV if there is travel due to medical emergency.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Has someone done a regular TRV to their parents for pregnancy and got approved. Please help with the process.
By above messages I understand PHAC is not good option and we might not get longer visa. I checked my parents bio metrics are still valid for another 8 years. I just need to apply regular TRV.

Has anyone done this and got approved. ?

If your parents had visa earlier and it expired, you can check here if you need biometrics or not - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has someone done a regular TRV to their parents for pregnancy and got approved. Please help with the process.
By above messages I understand PHAC is not good option and we might not get longer visa. I checked my parents bio metrics are still valid for another 8 years. I just need to apply regular TRV.

Has anyone done this and got approved. ?

If your parents had visa earlier and it expired, you can check here if you need biometrics or not - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp.
Your parents should just apply to visit your family or visit to meet their new grandchild. Using words like help caring for a new baby is often discouraged because technically a nanny could be hired so that could mean taking a job away someone able to work in Canada. Whether they get approvedalways depends on their profile which is also the case for PHAC. Things like their ability to support themselves financially, previous international travel, ties to their home country, etc. If she has travelled to Canada before and followed the rules and returned home that will also increase her chances of receiving a new visa. A supervisa is also an option if you qualify.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Due to flight ban, they were unable to travel. And my due date is Sep. I need most help after Sep. What if they dont get an extension after coming here
I'm aware about the flight ban. But still there were direct flights in early April. Besides, during the early part of the ban, I saw people successfully landed in Canada from India after spending some nights in a third country (reached Canada on 30th April 2021):

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/travel-experience-india-to-montreal-reach-date-30-4-2021.730611/#post-9374435

If they came to Canada on the above period, they should be able to help you after Sep. You don't get the result instantly after applied the extension.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
A lot of Canadian couples had their children without help from parents or inlaws. You can hire help to take care of things like cleaning/cooking or you can order meal prep/meal delivery during your recovery. It's pretty common for some Asian new moms to order speical meals that helps their recovery.

There are also nurse servies depending on your province to assist new mom on things like new born care and breast feeding.

komalpreet28

Jun 10, 2021
Hello…I have a question.I’m 29 weeks pregnant with due date of sep1st.I want to apply for my husband’s visa who is in India.I just want to know if pregnancy is considered under compassionate grounds.,i mean can i apply it under compassionate grounds or do i need to go for temporary visa?

Reactions: Girlfrombc27

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello…I have a question.I’m 29 weeks pregnant with due date of sep1st.I want to apply for my husband’s visa who is in India.I just want to know if pregnancy is considered under compassionate grounds.,i mean can i apply it under compassionate grounds or do i need to go for temporary visa?
If your health is in danger, then you can try. Not normal pregnancy.

Reactions: komalpreet28

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general, having a spouse join you in Canada if you are a PR or citizen then having your spouse join you is not considered an H&C reason. The big issue is that ties to Canada will become even stronger when you have a baby and the spouse is unlikely to leave. We are seeing more approvals of TRVs for spouses of citizens and PRs due to covid so it is definitely worth a try but you should have a plan B.