+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Both my in-laws are Doctors. And both of them took the second dose a month ago. My wife and I are working and this is our first child. Due to the COVID situation, we are not going to take help from outside to look after the newborn. Hence its crucial for us to bring our in laws so that we get the support that we need, both physically and mentally. Hope you understand..
Your parents are not legally allowed to be caregivers. You and your spouse do have access to maternity and paternity benefits. As we all know vaccinations aren't 100% effective. I also expect Canada will extend ban on flights from India as will many other countries.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Both my in-laws are Doctors. And both of them took the second dose a month ago. My wife and I are working and this is our first child. Due to the COVID situation, we are not going to take help from outside to look after the newborn. Hence its crucial for us to bring our in laws so that we get the support that we need, both physically and mentally. Hope you understand..
Then you’ll have to do what people have been doing for generations, rely on each other .
There’s maternity & parental leave available to BOTH of you so you can spell each other off.
You’re having one child, not ten
And regardless if you’re not taking outside help , foreigners caring for children is illegal work

Reactions: YVR123

Meetmagesh

Mar 12, 2019
My Parents received a correspondence letter on May 11th for their biometrics that was done May 4th. Still fingers-crossed.

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hi when did you get the approval? Did you get it without biometrics? Also, can you please provide me with the step by step process? Much appreciated

Reactions: Harshara

Megs65

Apr 14, 2021
I beleive obstetrician will be more helpful but maybe family doctor should also work...
Hi sunny

My parents have applied for super visa from India on March 2020. The process till medical examination was done on Dec 2020. But havent got the passport request yet. I needed them to help me with my pregnancy but that didnt happened i had my baby born on January 2021. Now i need them to help me with taking care of my 4 month baby. Is there any way i can ask the immigration office to grant visa to my parents? Please help me, thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi sunny

My parents have applied for super visa from India on March 2020. The process till medical examination was done on Dec 2020. But havent got the passport request yet. I needed them to help me with my pregnancy but that didnt happened i had my baby born on January 2021. Now i need them to help me with taking care of my 4 month baby. Is there any way i can ask the immigration office to grant visa to my parents? Please help me, thanks in advance
You can't ask them to grant your parent's visa. Have they done biometrics? You will most likely just have to wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
from the owner
Nothing needs to be signed by your landlord but depending on your lease you may not be able to have longterm guests. Unless you are renting a home with a separate basement with a bathroom where your parents can quarantine, they can't quarantine with you because pregnant women are more vulnerable to covid and pregnant women and infants have contact with the healthcare system.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Can you please provide more details or step by step process ?

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
I am pregnant and due on Sep 01 2021. My mother in law's visa expires this June 2021, so unfortunately I couldnt get her to Canada to support me before her visa expires. Now I have to apply her visa again and I think Visa extension and visa application is same process. I have a letter from doctor but since the bio metrics is not open, I havent started her application.

Is there a chance I can apply her visa and get her visa approved before Sep 01 2021? If anyone has gone through similar situation, can they help me with the process.