+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
I applied for TRV for my wife's parents in January and I thought the situation will change and the visa will be processed normally. My wife is pregnant and expecting in July. We are thinking of applying for PHAC approval. I got the form signed from the doctor, now I am confused about the site visit authorization form which is required to process the application. we are both on PR.

Do I have to book hotel for their 14 day quarantine and provide the hotel bookings with the PHAC application to indicate that they will finish 14 day quarantine at the hotel?
I am really confused with all this. Could you please share your experience with PHAC approval?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
I applied for TRV for my wife's parents in January and I thought the situation will change and the visa will be processed normally. My wife is pregnant and expecting in July. We are thinking of applying for PHAC approval. I got the form signed from the doctor, now I am confused about the site visit authorization form which is required to process the application. we are both on PR.

Do I have to book hotel for their 14 day quarantine and provide the hotel bookings with the PHAC application to indicate that they will finish 14 day quarantine at the hotel?
I am really confused with all this. Could you please share your experience with PHAC approval?
Did you flag their application for processing because they fall under the travel exemption? Have they done their biometrics?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you booked your 3 day hotel quarantine? If your spouse is immune compromised and/or has kidney disease it is not a good idea to quarantine with him.
You can’t quarantine if there is a vulnerable person in the household. Nobody should really be quarantining with any non-traveller. It risks potentially harming or even killing a person unecessarily.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Did you flag their application for processing because they fall under the travel exemption? Have they done their biometrics?
No, I did not flag it when I submitted the application. They have not done the biometrics as all the biometric offices are closed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, I did not flag it when I submitted the application. They have not done the biometrics as all the biometric offices are closed.
Until they have done biometrics your application isn’t going to be processed even if you apply for PHAC unless there is a serious immediate medical need not just a normal pregnancy.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
Until they have done biometrics your application isn’t going to be processed even if you apply for PHAC unless there is a serious immediate medical need not just a normal pregnancy.
Is there any way to flag the application once submitted?

Marianasilva

Sep 30, 2019
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Can you give me a your contact??

Meetmagesh

Mar 12, 2019
My Parents have completed their biometrics in Colombo, Srilanka on May 4th. Now fingers crossed from CIC.

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
My Parents have completed their biometrics in Colombo, Srilanka on May 4th. Now fingers crossed from CIC.
I'm in the process of applying for PHAC for my in laws. They had booked their flights from India to Dubai to get Biometrics done, however UAE has cancelled all the flights from India. So we are looking for an alternate location to get Biometrics done. Can you let me know if your parents travelled from India to Columbo? Did they have to apply for visa to enter Srilanka? And if they had to quarantine in Srilanka. Much appreciate if you can provide this information. Thank you

Meetmagesh

Mar 12, 2019
I'm in the process of applying for PHAC for my in laws. They had booked their flights from India to Dubai to get Biometrics done, however UAE has cancelled all the flights from India. So we are looking for an alternate location to get Biometrics done. Can you let me know if your parents travelled from India to Columbo? Did they have to apply for visa to enter Srilanka? And if they had to quarantine in Srilanka. Much appreciate if you can provide this information. Thank you
My parents travelled from Chennai (2nd may) to Colombo and returned on May 4th, since they have completed 2 dose of vaccination + 2 weeks wait period after dose. They can travel to Srilanka, but required to quarantine at level 1 hotels to get onarrival pcr test results. Once negative they have to leave level 1 hotels and good to stay anywhere and perform their biometrics. ETA has to be applied, one thought is visa will be approved once you book the level 1 hotel. The checkpoint here is to complete the vaccination.

Last edited:
Reactions: spulickal86

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If they haven't been vaccinated and had 2 weeks for the vaccine to become effective or had this variant of covid please consider that going outside and taking a flight in India could lead to a covid infection. There is minimal processing going on in India so why risk a potential covid infection if you can't get your passport stamped and you'll have difficulty getting to Canada. Although getting to Canada to be at the birth of a grandchild would be nice it isn't worth risking death.

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
My parents travelled from Chennai (2nd may) to Colombo and returned on May 4th, since they have completed 2 dose of vaccination + 2 weeks wait period after dose. They can travel to Srilanka, but required to quarantine at level 1 hotels to get onarrival pcr test results. Once negative they have to leave level 1 hotels and good to stay anywhere and perform their biometrics. ETA has to be applied, one thought is visa will be approved once you book the level 1 hotel. The checkpoint here is to complete the vaccination.
Thanks. My in laws took the second dose a month ago. They are eligible to travel, however looks like even Sri Lanka has started banning travelers from India. Your in laws got the Biometrics right on time.

spulickal86

Jun 10, 2013
If they haven't been vaccinated and had 2 weeks for the vaccine to become effective or had this variant of covid please consider that going outside and taking a flight in India could lead to a covid infection. There is minimal processing going on in India so why risk a potential covid infection if you can't get your passport stamped and you'll have difficulty getting to Canada. Although getting to Canada to be at the birth of a grandchild would be nice it isn't worth risking death.
Both my in-laws are Doctors. And both of them took the second dose a month ago. My wife and I are working and this is our first child. Due to the COVID situation, we are not going to take help from outside to look after the newborn. Hence its crucial for us to bring our in laws so that we get the support that we need, both physically and mentally. Hope you understand..

Reactions: Meetmagesh