+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
I have the same dilemma and had contacted IRCC for clarification. They asked me to email travel exemptions regarding my query but I have not received a reply. As of now I am trying to stick to the provided itenary, if you are able to gather more info on this it would be very useful
Sure,I’ll keep the you updated if I get any information.

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Hi ! I hope you can help me, I'm also with work permit and my mom applied for her visa last November. For that date I was pregnant my due date was Feb 2021 and I sent an email to "covid travel exemptions" they replied saying we don't meet the criteria... I understand that you need to be citizen or have PR..... any advice on what steps can I take?
My baby is already 2 months old and is heartbroken that my mom haven't met her grandchild :(
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ! I hope you can help me, I'm also with work permit and my mom applied for her visa last November. For that date I was pregnant my due date was Feb 2021 and I sent an email to "covid travel exemptions" they replied saying we don't meet the criteria... I understand that you need to be citizen or have PR..... any advice on what steps can I take?
My baby is already 2 months old and is heartbroken that my mom haven't met her grandchild :(
thank you
Your mother must apply for a TRV and apply for special authorization proving her travel is essential at the same time. What happened to her TRV application? Is it still in process since you were just denied the covid travel exemption since you didn't qualify for it or was it denied?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you
Is your sister who is a Canadian citizen living in Canada?

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Is your sister who is a Canadian citizen living in Canada?
Yes! We sent her passport and the birth certificate proving is her mom But we sent an email to covid exemption and no answer at all.... it’s been more than 14 businesses days
I’m not sure what else I can do

Lbatallanos

Aug 7, 2019
Your mother must apply for a TRV and apply for special authorization proving her travel is essential at the same time. What happened to her TRV application? Is it still in process since you were just denied the covid travel exemption since you didn't qualify for it or was it denied?
The TRV is still processing I got an email from the Canada embassy in Peru and they said until I don’t get the exemption approved they won’t process the file....

Aug 26, 2020
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hi could you please give more details, like A to Z I am super unexperienced in this matter
Thank you

Reactions: Harshara

npnan

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I am in TRV/work permit and invited parents to visit me and support in my preganncy/maternity period. Upon sending email to IRCC to request prioritize application, they said it is not non-discretionary. So, I am wondering what is considered non-discretionary travel purpose? See email below:

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in TRV/work permit and invited parents to visit me and support in my preganncy/maternity period. Upon sending email to IRCC to request prioritize application, they said it is not non-discretionary. So, I am wondering what is considered non-discretionary travel purpose? See email below:

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
As I specified in your other posts being in the ICU with covid may have been approved. The fact that India has such high levels of covid at the moment and so does a lot of Canada could also be causing VOs to really assess who actually needs to enter Canada even more.

Reactions: npnan

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Did you also submit the site authorization form? Or just the letter of Required Support? Asking coz getting the site authorization for my apartment is a bit tricky and I've submitted without that for now
please tell me what happen wz u ?! and what should I do to fill a site authorizTion ، should we rent a new flat?!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes! We sent her passport and the birth certificate proving is her mom But we sent an email to covid exemption and no answer at all.... it’s been more than 14 businesses days
I’m not sure what else I can do
The TRV is still processing I got an email from the Canada embassy in Peru and they said until I don’t get the exemption approved they won’t process the file....
Your sister should be the one inviting your mother since she is the citizen.

Reactions: Lbatallanos

esraa saber

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
You can not quarantine with a pregnant woman so you need to show your plans for hotel quarantine and then plans for quarantine in a basement if you have one or an Airbnb or hotel.
please my husband need care can I quarantine with him or rent a new place to put it in a site form?!