+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel experience India to Montreal (Reach date 30-4-2021)

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
Dear all,
My family reach from India to Canada by Qatar airways without visa in qatar and no pcr test in qatar.Reach date in canada 30-4-2021.

My family travel to Maldives on a tour package of 15 days on 25-4-2021
No visa requiered for indian nationals to Maldives.Required only Rtpcr.
There is no quarentine for 14 days in maldives.
I get ticket available from maldives to qatar transit there and next flight to montreal on 29-4-2021 and reach in canada on 30-4-2021.
This information is giving today 30-4-2021 and if any changes came after today am not responsible for giving information.

And i have a request to the guys who give me wrong informations name naturgrl,canuck78. Says i cant travel and each point i need to took rtpcr .Guys this platform ultimate aim is to give the information which is having genuine things.So many people looking to get right solutions.if you guys dont know please dont give wrong information.:):)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear all,
My family reach from India to Canada by Qatar airways without visa in qatar and no pcr test in qatar.Reach date in canada 30-4-2021.

My family travel to Maldives on a tour package of 15 days on 25-4-2021
No visa requiered for indian nationals to Maldives.Required only Rtpcr.
There is no quarentine for 14 days in maldives.
I get ticket available from maldives to qatar transit there and next flight to montreal on 29-4-2021 and reach in canada on 30-4-2021.
This information is giving today 30-4-2021 and if any changes came after today am not responsible for giving information.

And i have a request to the guys who give me wrong informations name naturgrl,canuck78. Says i cant travel and each point i need to took rtpcr .Guys this platform ultimate aim is to give the information which is having genuine things.So many people looking to get right solutions.if you guys dont know please dont give wrong information.:):)
After I gave my advice Qatar changed their policies and moved their testing sites to get around the rules so I was actually correct when I gave the advice.

If your family travelled from India they were required to do a PCR test in Doha.. Since your family travelled from the Maldives directly to Doha the airline thought you had been staying in the Maldives and that is likely why they weren't flagged to do a PCR test. Qatar changed their PCR test from outside the airport to inside the airport after the ban came into effect and also started allowing people from India to transit through Doha when they were previously not allowed. The airlines are changing their practices to try to get around the rules. I would expect that now that Canada realizes some airlines have changed their rules Canada will try to adjust their policies because the goal is to prevent people with recent exposure to India or Pakistan from bringing covid into Canada.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This shows how much people will do to get around the rules....
Flew to Maldives on a tour package of 15 days on 25-4-2021 and stayed only for 4 days and then flied out to qatar so the flight won't be "from India" and avoided another test. Sigh~~~

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
This shows how much people will do to get around the rules....
Flew to Maldives on a tour package of 15 days on 25-4-2021 and stayed only for 4 days and then flied out to qatar so the flight won't be "from India" and avoided another test. Sigh~~~
Hai my friend i didint done anything illigal.
Canadian govt accept third country travel and its clearely mentioned in cic website that you can see.

glencybabyvengassery

May 7, 2014
After I gave my advice Qatar changed their policies and moved their testing sites to get around the rules so I was actually correct when I gave the advice.

If your family travelled from India they were required to do a PCR test in Doha.. Since your family travelled from the Maldives directly to Doha the airline thought you had been staying in the Maldives and that is likely why they weren't flagged to do a PCR test. Qatar changed their PCR test from outside the airport to inside the airport after the ban came into effect and also started allowing people from India to transit through Doha when they were previously not allowed. The airlines are changing their practices to try to get around the rules. I would expect that now that Canada realizes some airlines have changed their rules Canada will try to adjust their policies because the goal is to prevent people with recent exposure to India or Pakistan from bringing covid into Canada.
1)Since your family travelled from the Maldives directly to Doha the airline thought you had been staying in the Maldives and that is likely why they weren't flagged to do a PCR test.

1)Answer-
Airlines can simply know where we are from.And we get airline confirmation from doha before we board.Then only they allowed to board the flight.
2)In your reply you said what you said is true now and you are correct now what you say.
2-Answer-
When the time i check you give me a reply that you are not get confirmation.for that reason i ask do you know anyone who blocked in qatar and not travelled.If that time really you have genuine intention for saying knowing things you can reply.but you didint.Any way i have only one request to you if you dont know correct answer please say you are not sure about it.dont give answer like a person with surety.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hai my friend i didint done anything illigal.
Canadian govt accept third country travel and its clearely mentioned in cic website that you can see.
I didn't say that you entered illegally. I said you get around the rules. Did you do PCR test in Maldives? Your test done in India would have been expired by the time you arrived in Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

But you were wrong about OP couldn't enter or transit in Qatar last month, even though you were pretty sure about it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But you were wrong about OP couldn't enter or transit in Qatar last month, even though you were pretty sure about it.
The airline was required to ask for another test in Doha if they didn't that was their error. If travelling from India airlines are required to ask for a PCR test from each transit location.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The airline was required to ask for another test in Doha if they didn't that was their error. If travelling from India airlines are required to ask for a PCR test from each transit location.
But the thing is the OP made it to Canada.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were pointing out that I was wrong which is incorrect the airline didn't enforce the correct policies.
But OP did made it to Canada, despite you said you were pretty sure that he or she cannot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But OP did made it to Canada, despite you said you were pretty sure that he or she cannot.
It's not my fault that an airline employee didn't do their job that day and follow the directives from Canada like they should have. You can't count on an airline employee not doing their job.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not my fault that an airline employee didn't do their job that day and follow the directives from Canada like they should have. You can't count on an airline employee not doing their job.
Then why did you count on airline employee doing their job?

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016

Just for curiosity - I am not sure if you learned this from a veritable source but I don't believe there is a PCR testing facility inside the Doha airport. Where did you read that?