+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Mine is going to be almost 3 weeks! 20 days since I applied.
Timeline:
received aug 29
AOR: sept 5
Processing started: sept 5

And no update since then. I have submitted everything that was asked to be submitted. Nothing extra. If they will make a quicker decision based on passport pages etc why do they not just make it a mandate?
You will receive it . Don’t worry. Another thing is that I have my citizenship application in process. And I was asked the Residency Questions. That’s why I had those documents ready in hands , and therefore submitted them as supporting docs.

Reactions: Daafi

Kinf1

Sep 11, 2019
Exactly 2 weeks for my timeline. For supporting documents, I put in all the school diplomas, T4s , business registration, passport copies with all entries and exit stamps , and everything else since I became a PR.

1). PR renewal application received on Sep 03, 2019.

2). AOR sent on Sep 10, 2019. Decision made on Sep 10, 2019.

3). New PR card was mailed on Sep 12, 2019.

4). Received the new PR card on Sep 17, 2019.
Could you please share from where you applied? Thanks

Xav16

Sep 11, 2019
guys this is my time line so far
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 12, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 12, 2019.

1. nothing else up to this day , I haven't called to check either am giving I a couple more days.... I just hope it comes before my trip on the 22nd of October :(

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

My application was received at the office on the 12th of September 2019 (based on tracking Canada post). How long do they normally take to send the receipt email?

Seems like, based on this forum its sent between 5-10 days after physically receiving the application. Have there been cases where it was bit delayed?

Background:

I have applied for the PR card with 1082 days outside Canada and my wife and daughter with 1043 days outside Canada. (Max number of days outside in past 5 years is stated as 1095 days).

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Just a quick question from those who just received their renewed PR Card.

I am about to send my application for my PRC renewal. Should I just attach the only required documents as mentioned on IRCC/CIC website or should I also attach additional supporting documents ... like, Tax documents, tenancy contracts, driving license, school records for kids, Job contracts and employment letters etc

Please advise.
Many Thanks

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi Friends,

Just a quick question from those who just received their renewed PR Card.

I am about to send my application for my PRC renewal. Should I just attach the only required documents as mentioned on IRCC/CIC website or should I also attach additional supporting documents ... like, Tax documents, tenancy contracts, driving license, school records for kids, Job contracts and employment letters etc

Please advise.
Many Thanks
Yea supporting docs help. But not too many to overwhelm also.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
S
Hi,

My application was received at the office on the 12th of September 2019 (based on tracking Canada post). How long do they normally take to send the receipt email?

Seems like, based on this forum its sent between 5-10 days after physically receiving the application. Have there been cases where it was bit delayed?

Background:

I have applied for the PR card with 1082 days outside Canada and my wife and daughter with 1043 days outside Canada. (Max number of days outside in past 5 years is stated as 1095 days).

Do you mean inside Canada? If not you don’t meet your RO.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Anyone who applied for PR renewal recently , please guide me on travel history whether to print multiple copies of page 2 or altogether separate page if travel history contains more than 5 entries.
I printed a separate excel sheet with the same fields and filled in all my travel. I then attached it with the page directly after the second page. On the excel printout i mentioned my UCI number etc.

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Hi,

Background:

They usually take 5 days to send AOR. With your residency however, you have cut it very close.
Good luck!

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
S

Do you mean inside Canada? If not you don’t meet your RO.
Actually its maximum 1095 days outside of Canada. which translates into 730 days in Canada. This is whats stated on the application. I meet RO albeit by only a couple of weeks for myself and 7 weeks for my family.

Reactions: k300k3

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Actually its maximum 1095 days outside of Canada. which translates into 730 days in Canada. This is whats stated on the application. I meet RO albeit by only a couple of weeks for myself and 7 weeks for my family.
It is an odd way of stating things so that is why I was asking. Hopefully you have counted correctly. It would be better to file with a bigger buffer time.