+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

Discussion in 'Permanent Residency Obligations' started by immigrant7, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Wow...that's fast. I will check tonight.

2. Good luckkk

rsky likes this.
  3. I think when they really start processing, then you will able to find it.

4. Guys I have a question I am a PR living abroad with my Canadian wife , I have not filled any taxes as I have spent about 3 weeks maximum per year in canada. I do not owe any property or any sort of income in Canada.
    The time for renewing my PR card has come, what am I supposed to write in the section about tax returns in the renewal application form? Are they going to deny my renewal card ? Thank u

5. You realise anyway that you have to be in Canada to renew a PR card and that you can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. You only need a PRTD of course if you planning to fly back and PR cards need to be mailed to a Canadian address which assume you also knew.

6. I understand I have to be in the country , what i was asking is that i have not paid any taxes as i was not living in canada for all these years other than just visiting for holidays for a few weeks each year with my Canadian wife and child. In this case when I reapply for my PR once it expires will they approve it as I have not paid any taxes? Thank u

7. Help!!!

This is my timeline:
    1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 20, 2019.
    2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 26, 2019.
    3. We started processing your application on June 26, 2019.
    Status changed to decision made on July 4 2019.

I need to apply a visa as soon as possible and it's asking for the PR card expiration date. I havent received my card yet but I need to get an appointment for the consulate and on the form I need to put the PR card expiry. I want to fill it up in advanced and not wait for my card because I need to apply at least a month before I leave and I think my card wont arrive that soon.
    Now my question is, based on the people who received their PR card, what is the expiration date? Is it 5 years from the decision made date? So if decision made on July 4 2019, the card expiration date that I will receive is July 4, 2024?

Thanks everyone

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 26, 2019.
    4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on June 28, 2019.
    That was pretty quick.

8. Time Line
    1. Sent Application on 7th June
    2. Received on 10th June
    3. Received email on 17th June
    4. PR card received on 5th July

9. mt pr card status says we started processing on 3rd dec 2018. till not no sign of it. The web form reply says it is delayed because of second review.

I am less then 730 residency obligation for my second card. i have a hearing for my spouse application in september 2019. should i apply for PRTD from pakistan. ?

4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 8, 2019.
    I havent got anything from the mail until now. Do they leave it there? Or if nobody answers the door they wont and I have to pick it up somewhere? I did not get any message or email from them so I dont know what to do. Thanks

10. hello guys.

check my ecas today and it says decision made. does it mean they will send my PR card by mail?
    1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 26, 2019.
    2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 28, 2019.
    3. We started processing your application on June 28, 2019.
    4. We sent you correspondence on July 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

11. Hi Everyone!

I sent out my application for renewal beginning of July and it was suppose to be received by July 4 according to Canada post (lost tracking number ). I have yet to receive any email regarding my application and have also tried to look up my application with no luck. I am leaving Canada on July 19th. My brother will leave August 9th and hoping worst case he can bring it for me. I did apply for urgent processing but only provided my itinerary. I’m getting a bit worried that perhaps I made a mistake on my application which is why I have yet to receive any confirmation of application received. My question is...has anyone only received confirmation weeks after it was actually received or are they pretty good at being updated? I’m also considering resending an application and adding a letter to explain the urgency. I read in this thread that urgent processing has taken 8 days. I still have another 4 weeks before my brother leaves. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

12. Perhaps it’s because I am so stressed I am doubtful if I included copies of my Passport. I have been preparing for some other personal things that have involved photocopying and just cannot remember and unfortunately can’t remember if I did or not.

I am leaving this week however I do have family that will be travelling in August. As a precaution I am going to resend my application with an explanation. I am going to mention that my parents will be able to bring me my pr card. Is this illegal? Will they make it difficult for me to process it urgently by providing them with this information?

13. #300 joseph18, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Hello everyone!

I would just like to share my brother's timeline for his PR card renewal. His card expired in January this year and he's been a permanent resident for almost 11 years. Application was sent thru Canada Post on July 6, 2019.

His timeline is:
    1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 9, 2019.
    2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 15, 2019.
    3. We started processing your application on July 15, 2019.
    4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 17, 2019.
    Total number of days: 7 days of processing since it was received until it was sent by mail

Note: His application is non-urgent and was sent from Montreal. I will update once he receives his PR card to give everyone an idea how long it takes for the mail to get delivered from Sydney, NS to Montreal, QC.