01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thats the reference letter used and the NOC IS 2141
OK, so here´s what I think happened (apologies in advance). . . The VO compared your responsibilities to NOC 2141, and NOC 2233, and decided you had chosen the wrong NOC. (I know, I know, NOC 2233 is also eligible, why don´t they just ... grrr). In any case, if they decide you submitted the wrong NOC, then they reject the experience completely.

Even though the duties may seem similar, there are some differences in language between the two such that your letter is closer to NOC 2233. For example,
NOC 2141: Plan and design plant layouts and facilities
NOC 2233: Assist in the design of plant layouts
Letter: Participate in the planning and design of plant layouts and facilities

Regardless of job title, there´s a difference in the level of responsibility - NOC 2141, the engineer "leads" and is responsible for the task, and supervises other people. NOC 2233 "assists" (maybe under the supervision of an Engineer). NOC 2141 conducts studies, designs programs, human resources stuff... NOC 2233 has more QC responsibilities.

Also, note that while education usually does not play a role in assessing NOCs, engineering occupations are "regulated" so the VO can look at education. Do you have (the equivalent of) a 4-year degree in Engineering, a Master´s, a license? If you got an ECA and your engineering degree was evaluated as a 3 year degree, then the VO may have also considered that in the decision.

SO... if you re-apply, you can take all the above into consideration, and decide to apply using NOC 2233. Or, if you are truly convinced that 2141 is correct, then you need a different letter. (Keep in mind that IRCC will still have this first letter to compare with).

Reactions: shaizeik

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.

mnsa24

Oct 22, 2018
Hi everybody,
I appreciate if you share your experience with me regarding refusing PR. My PR was refused (I had a crazy mistake) I solved the problem and applied again. Do you think the process of the second application would be fast? my Medical Exam and my Security had been passed in the first application, do you think it helps me for second application? Lawyers say that the first application and the second application are connected.
When your application got rejected and can u pls share the reason

AlexiBaron

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
When your application got rejected and can u pls share the reason
I was rejected in December 2019. After I applied for PR under CEC (three months after apply), A company in Quebec province invited me for a SHORT term project I went there to complete this project. Officer rejected me as "Intention to reside in Quebec". I did know the short term working in Quebec means intention to live in Quebec. I got a Jon In Ontario, I left there and I applied again.

TonyPayne

Nov 22, 2020
Hello All,

I was refused PR, express entry(CEC) for not including a job letter that stated my roles and duties. I have read from other's experiences here and I know I need to re-apply with the correct format of the job letter. however, I tried putting up another EE profile but it says profile ineligible. and I have no score. has anyone seen/experienced this before?

I appreciate your responses. Thanks

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Have u got your PR yet?
I was rejected in December 2019. After I applied for PR under CEC (three months after apply), A company in Quebec province invited me for a SHORT term project I went there to complete this project. Officer rejected me as "Intention to reside in Quebec". I did know the short term working in Quebec means intention to live in Quebec. I got a Jon In Ontario, I left there and I applied again.