+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR refused

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Without knowing the exact wording of the job offer letter, it´s not really possible to guess at what the deficiency was...
It says assignment extended for additional 24 months. but does not say one year of continuous employment after PR is issued. In what case the application is refused but correspondence letter has not been generated ? Its been approx 1 and half month.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It says assignment extended for additional 24 months. but does not say one year of continuous employment after PR is issued. In what case the application is refused but correspondence letter has not been generated ? Its been approx 1 and half month.
It does seem a long time to wait... checkc your IRCC account, check your spam filters, etc... and Call again if you still don´t find anything. It is possible that the review reversed the decision and it is still in progress, but understandably you want confirmation....

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
It does seem a long time to wait... checkc your IRCC account, check your spam filters, etc... and Call again if you still don´t find anything. It is possible that the review reversed the decision and it is still in progress, but understandably you want confirmation....
I regularly check the IRCC account twice a day. The First call I made was on 22 Jan where the agent told me its refused but letter not generated. 2nd call was made the following week saying its still in progress and 3rd call was made the following week saying still in progress. After receiving the GCMS notes this week, I sent them a detailed letter of explanation about the change in situation of my employment (Extension of WP with updated offer of employment). Waiting for response

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
I know this is a silly ask but in any case do they forget to send the correspondence letter? Because if you see the below link, it has been assigned by SS8403 (which I assume is some officer) to RC-9518 (which is reporting center)

GCMS Correspondence

chixy26

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

Please I just got an email that my application was refused based on the following-

2012-07 to 2015-07 - Operations and Maintenance Engineer (NOC: 2141) - at -------- The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties at the level set out in the occupational description of NOC 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2141, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).

What I want to do is ask for an update reference letter that matches the exact description on the CIC website even tho i know that the previous one had responsibilities that matched.

Please once I get the letter can i ask that the file be reopened? Any suggestion. please i really need help.

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Please I just got an email that my application was refused based on the following-

2012-07 to 2015-07 - Operations and Maintenance Engineer (NOC: 2141) - at -------- The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties at the level set out in the occupational description of NOC 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2141, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).

What I want to do is ask for an update reference letter that matches the exact description on the CIC website even tho i know that the previous one had responsibilities that matched.

Please once I get the letter can i ask that the file be reopened?
Sorry to hear that. No, they will not re-open the file unless you can show that they (IRCC) made an error.

Any suggestion. please i really need help.
You can submit a new profile and re-apply, but you will have to figure out what went wrong the first time in order to achieve a different result.

If you would like to post the original letter (omit all personal identifiers), perhaps we can help.

Reactions: shaizeik

chixy26

Feb 1, 2020
Hi @jes_ON thank you for your reply.

That the refusal reason i got and I know that the details in my NOC matches the NOC 2141 which I chose. What can be done in this case.please advise

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi @jes_ON thank you for your reply.

That the refusal reason i got and I know that the details in my NOC matches the NOC 2141 which I chose. What can be done in this case.please advise
Not saying you´re wrong, but applicants who mistakenly believe that their job description matches the NOC is one of the most common reasons for refusal. Without seeing the letter, there´s no way for us to advise you. But it´s up to you, if you don´t want to share the contents of the letter, then perhaps you would be better served by hiring a lawyer.

Last edited:

chixy26

Feb 1, 2020
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act: 11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation. Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile. In your Express Entry profile you indicated:  2012-07 to 2015-07 - Operations and Maintenance Engineer (NOC: 2141) - at -------
The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties at the level set out in the occupational description of NOC 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2141, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b). This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of Act. Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application. You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid. The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted. You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website as you are no longer an Express Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any. If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, if you have new information that was not submitted with your initial application, you may wish to submit a new application. You may also try to improve your language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must meet the minimum requirements to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will be issued another invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express Entry. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Thats the letter. I just copied and pasted @jes_ON

Thank you for your help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

chixy26

Feb 1, 2020
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE LETTER FOR--------------------------------
I am writing this letter at the request of ------------ who is applying for permanent
residence in Canada.
Mr --------- Was in employment as a full time staff with -------------- in the position
of Operations and Maintenance Engineer from 2 nd July 2012, to 5 th July 2015. During his time with the
company, He worked for 40 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 5pm daily.
Mr -------- was on a monthly pay scale of N150, 000 (One hundred and fifty thousand naira). As a
permanent full-time employee of ---------------, he was entitled to other benefits including
13 th month salary, performance bonus, food allowance and annual leave allowance.
His main responsibilities as an operations and maintenance engineer include:
 Provide input to project(s) to ensure the safe, compliant and reliable design of all project assets.
 Provide input into the development of standard operating procedures, manuals, specifications
and targets.
 Participate in the planning and design of plant layouts and facilities
 Carry out detailed analysis of production cost
 Assist in all aspects of operational readiness planning and execution.
 Ensuring that industrial machinery and equipment are running smoothly and efficiently as well as
selecting efficient combinations
 Anticipating operational problems by studying operating targets, unit limitations, modes of
operation and monitoring unit performance
 Providing operational management information by collecting, analyzing, as well as summarizing
operating and engineering data and trends
 Evaluating industrial facilities as well as developing maintenance standards, schedules and
programs.

Mr --------- was exceptional on his job. As a result, he earned high regard among his co-workers
for his dutifulness, strong teamwork and leadership skills. He also has excellent presentation and
interpersonal skills. I therefore strongly recommend him for consideration.
Please feel free to contact me if any further information is required.

Thats the reference letter used and the NOC IS 2141