+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

kate.tingchunlin

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
not sure this is the place for this question.
I just received my copr (inland applicant), but I'm moving in a month. do you guys know how I can change my address so the pr card is mailed to the right address?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all. How long does it take to have COPR after call interview? Please can you advice? Thanks

Last edited:

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hi,

is there anyone who got graduated from Canadian institution and earned CRS points after choosing “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR master’s, professional or doctoral” after studying 2 years accelerated program, it could be Bachelors or 3 years diploma/certificate. I am also ready to hear if you know person who did like your friend et al. I am closely following related topics in this forum, this question is not answered, I hope it will help many..

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

Is it possible to refuse an application after interview? I had an interview with officer with few demographic questions, but after did not hear back anything. I am very worry. Your advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Is it possible to refuse an application after interview? I had an interview with officer with few demographic questions, but after did not hear back anything. I am very worry. Your advice is appreciated.
If your eligibility is passed, there is nothing to worry.

Shansky07

Oct 3, 2020
I just got a letter that my application is completed and i am a PR now.
I am inland applicant.

My landing interview(march) had canceled because of Covid.

My spouse is oversea at the moment and he didn’t get PR. IRCC mentioned that he will get PR when the overseas office reopen.

Hope this message help you understand.
My primary office is Niagara but Montreal office sent me the happy letter.
Hello we are in the same situation. I am the main applicant inside Canada got my PR last May 2020 but my overseas dependent did not receive any copr or passport request? How about you any update?

lpo

May 23, 2018
Is there anyone who has done the interview and are still waiting? Hope someone please reply.
Hi. I did a phone interview with IRCC last Friday 12/18. Did you get any updates on your application? If yes, can you provide your time frame.

Thanks!

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi. I did a phone interview with IRCC last Friday 12/18. Did you get any updates on your application? If yes, can you provide your time frame.

Thanks!
Nothing I heard back from them. It seems that everything is on hold. What is your AOR and visa office? Not sure when they finalise our applications.

Reactions: lpo

lpo

May 23, 2018
Nothing I heard back from them. It seems that everything is on hold. What is your AOR and visa office? Not sure when they finalise our applications.
01/07/2020 - Paper Application received on Sydney - NS
03/04/2020 - AOR received by email

The office that is supposed to taking care of my process is in Sydney - NS. However, the agent that I spoke with last week was from Ottawa. so right now I am not quite sure. At the end of the call, the agent told me that she is not the one that is taking care of my process she would send all information to the officer. I asked about the time frame and she said that unfortunately are unable to provide it because of COVID....

Did you receive the same information from the officer?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
01/07/2020 - Paper Application received on Sydney - NS
03/04/2020 - AOR received by email

The office that is supposed to taking care of my process is in Sydney - NS. However, the agent that I spoke with last week was from Ottawa. so right now I am not quite sure. At the end of the call, the agent told me that she is not the one that is taking care of my process she would send all information to the officer. I asked about the time frame and she said that unfortunately are unable to provide it because of COVID....

Did you receive the same information from the officer?
My visa office is in ottawa. The lady exactly told me the same, that she is not making decision and will send the info to officer. She just asked me general bio info and address. It was so quick. Not sure how the interview is helping them in finalising the applications. Endless waiting is so frustrating.

lpo

May 23, 2018
My visa office is in ottawa. The lady exactly told me the same, that she is not making decision and will send the info to officer. She just asked me general bio info and address. It was so quick. Not sure how the interview is helping them in finalising the applications. Endless waiting is so frustrating.
The same here. Basically all information we already provided on the forms. I felt that the agent was really curious about employment changes. That didn't happen in my case.

You did your interview on Nov 27?

On the day that I received the email about the Phone Interview, I called IRCC to confirm if this email was valid and the agent said that I have a request for a "Landing Interview". But being honest I don't believe that. I heard that usually when they do "Landing Interview" they send COPR right after. I am wrong about it?

Also, on my IRCC account, I didn't get any updates. The last passed item was Medical.

In your case where says Review of eligibility, you got passed as well?

I am just trying to understand what is really going on and why is taking so long...

Last edited:

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
The same here. Basically all information we already provided on the forms. I felt that the agent was really curious about employment changes. That didn't happen in my case.

You did your interview on Nov 27?

On the day that I received the email about the Phone Interview, I called IRCC to confirm if this email was valid and the agent said that I have a request for a "Landing Interview". But being honest I don't believe that. I heard that usually when they do "Landing Interview" they send COPR right after. I am wrong about it?

Also, on my IRCC account, I didn't get any updates. The last passed item was Medical.

In your case where says Review of eligibility, you got passed as well?

I am just trying to understand what is really going on and why is taking so long...
Great observation, you are right. Interestingly the lady asked me about my job, and told me that she is happy that I still work due to Covid. I did not get what she means and felt it is more of emapthy. Anyway, my interview was late Nov, the interesting part is that they did not email me about interview, but just called me. After calling IRCCC, they confirmed it was a valid interview, but different agents were inconsistent if the interview was landing interview or just interview. One agent told me it was and the rest tried to skip answering this question. All the criteria in my online profile still show in progress. This is again different with what I heard from IRCC agent when one told me that it looks eligibility passed. I am not sure what info is reflective of true info and how long it takes. I am also unsure about the purpose of this interview if it was not landing. But then if it was, why they have not emailed copr yet as usually it should have taken few days to email us? That is confusing.

How about yours, do you think we get some update before end of the year? Now because of ottawa lockdown, the hope is getting slim.

Last edited: