+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

sk922

Mar 20, 2018
It does not matter!! Mine is vancouver, but i sent and email to Etobicoke, it worked!!

Do the same, you will get the reply in 8-10 days that you are a permanent resident.
Thank you balkarthik. Since I posted on this thread, I emailed Etibicoke and Montreal office twice, called IRCC and logged a request using web form. Only got generic messages .

Is there anything I am missing. Do we have an id for Vancouver office that I reach out to? I live in the city.

pereznina

Sep 14, 2020
I am sharing with you a same situation and my COPR will expire at 14 October 2020.Did you received any call from IRCC or emails to do Virtual landing with you
you can try to exit to the nearest border in your area, do not wait your COPR get expire don't waste time,

*Just want to share my experienced"...my COPR expired June 19 but before that I kept calling CIC and also send inquiry from their webform how I can validate my COPR? can I go to border bcoz the local office still close? the answer I got always is "no you can't bcoz its not essential travel, they will do phone interview for your landing, for now you have to wait and maintain your status.. then my COPR lapsed and again I called CIC and send to their webform what to do now? still doesn't get answer to relieve my stress. I went to Coutts in Calgary and officer did an interview, we signed, they stamped everything almost done, unfortunately they noticed my COPR was expired, they didn't return our COPR and they advice to call CIC to renew it then I can comeback and they will validate.
" there is nothing to lose if you try rather than regret it later". a piece of advice...

Bocaraspa

May 19, 2020
you can try to exit to the nearest border in your area, do not wait your COPR get expire don't waste time,

*Just want to share my experienced"...my COPR expired June 19 but before that I kept calling CIC and also send inquiry from their webform how I can validate my COPR? can I go to border bcoz the local office still close? the answer I got always is "no you can't bcoz its not essential travel, they will do phone interview for your landing, for now you have to wait and maintain your status.. then my COPR lapsed and again I called CIC and send to their webform what to do now? still doesn't get answer to relieve my stress. I went to Coutts in Calgary and officer did an interview, we signed, they stamped everything almost done, unfortunately they noticed my COPR was expired, they didn't return our COPR and they advice to call CIC to renew it then I can comeback and they will validate.
" there is nothing to lose if you try rather than regret it later". a piece of advice...

I have the exact same situation, my COPR will expire october 6th and my soupse is outside canada, how can I get an appoitment like you did in Coutts?
I live in Ontario

pereznina

Sep 14, 2020
I have the exact same situation, my COPR will expire october 6th and my soupse is outside canada, how can I get an appoitment like you did in Coutts?
I live in Ontario
You don’t have to get an appointment to border just go and drive..maybe officer from the gate will as you some question you have to be ready.

kians

Aug 30, 2020

I followed your advice and showed up at IRCC office in Vancouver. They are closed. The entrance doors are locked. How could you find someone to talk to?
I received my CoPR in March. I have an outside Canada sponsorship application. I entered Canada with a visitor visa in January. Since then, I am in Canada.

pereznina

Sep 14, 2020
I followed your advice and showed up at IRCC office in Vancouver. They are closed. The entrance doors are locked. How could you find someone to talk to?
I received my CoPR in March. I have an outside Canada sponsorship application. I entered Canada with a visitor visa in January. Since then, I am in Canada.
Oh you didn’t check first which border In Vancouver is open before you go? Because the one that I went before is Coutts border in Calgary and it show they are open even weekend so.

A.HAMAD

Sep 6, 2020
Finally got the pr confirmation letter today. My experience seems a bit different from most of others. I'm an inland(Vancouver) applicant and got a landing appointment letter saying that landing interview is scheduled on March 16 without PPR/COPR, but of course, the landing interview was cancelled due to covid situation. Since then I've phoned in and also sent webforms to ask about when the landing can be scheduled and only got generic reply from IRCC. Then FINALLY today I received a telephone landing interview call from IRCC(No caller ID) this afternoon and the agent just asked me a few questions (Address/if have committed any crime etc.) and then about one hour later the pr confirmation letter is updated on MYCIC. And in the letter, I'm just asked to send IRCC vancouver office two photos in order to apply for pr card.

Good luck to all of those people here still waiting for their pr mail! Hope you can get yours soon!
Is your family members inland with u

Reactions: pereznina

hesam80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
I've sent my COPR and pic to Etobicoke but I don't see any updates on my file after 2 months? how long does it take time to mail PR cards?

Sudhan1

Sep 16, 2020
I've sent my COPR and pic to Etobicoke but I don't see any updates on my file after 2 months? how long does it take time to mail PR cards?
For me as well, I have received my COPR on 5th May, sent COPR and 2 photos to Ottawa office, but, since then, I haven't received any communication from IRCC regarding PR card or virtual landing or flag-polling appointment. I tried calling IRCC and canada border services as well, but, no luck.
Not sure, what and how to do next steps for getting PR card.

Kruland82

Oct 3, 2018

You went to a CBSA office that is not a land border with the states?
I am outland from the states, received my COPR September 18th and it expires on September 29th. Have sent webforms and called IRCC but noone seems to be able to help. I tried flagpoling but was denied. I may have to leave Canada completely and return before it expires. Any thoughts?

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi Everyone, I sent my COPR document for PR card processing in 1st week of June and still waiting for my PR card to arrive. Its almost 4 months now. Anybody in the same situation?

Dannyste

Aug 14, 2020
I don’t understand why they canceled the landing for people who leave here in Canada
Is look like COVID is just for immigration office

Sudhan1

Sep 16, 2020
Hi Everyone, I sent my COPR document for PR card processing in 1st week of June and still waiting for my PR card to arrive. Its almost 4 months now. Anybody in the same situation?
Hi,
Yes I am in the same situation. I too have sent COPR document in 1st week of June with 2 photos in Ottawa office for pr card processing, but, haven't got any update from IRCC.
I have sent multiple web forms on CIC website with this query and got below response yesterday-

""Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that you are now a permanent resident of Canada. No other appointment is required.

Please make sure to follow the instructions on the correspondence sent to you on June 2, 2020, via your online account.

Moreover, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your permanent resident card (PR card) application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.""

Dannyste

Aug 14, 2020
I sent the documents for CoPR to Ottawa on March 5 and still waiting for response and nobody tell me anything for all my emails which I sent to them, very frustrating,
This people don’t give a s...t about us.