+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

catalyst06

Dec 9, 2019
All, have been silent listener on this forum and it has helped me a lot. sharing my update
1. DEc-2019 AOR , application got approved in June - Landing IRCC Vancouver
2. COPR document was basically pdf copy downloaded from CIC/GCkey portal .
3. mailed print of the COPR pdf and photo's ( primary and 3 co-applicants ) to IRCC Vancouver in mid June for PR cards
4. waited patiently till early Aug, in first week of Aug raised a web form asking status of PR cards
5. after 3-4 days got email response that application was approved and PR cards were sent.
6. received PR cards on 8/18

Thanks

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends. I have sent my COPR copies to Etobicoke office for processing of the PR cards on 7th May but have been waiting ever since. Its close to 4 months now. Anyone on the forum has any idea on what the ETA for the cards is or anyone in similar situation who have already received their PR cards? I raised a webform once but got a standard template response saying that processing times are delayed and that they cannot provide an ETA.

RKS_Anu

Oct 28, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
23-10-2019
AOR Received.
27-09-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Passport Req..
06-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2020
@prashantpraut : Same here. I sent it on 15th May. No update since then.

Reactions: prashantpraut

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello Everone

I am excited to share that I recieved my PR card today and now I am free to travel outside Canada.
- Recieved Landing confirmation email on June 12,2020 ( became PR)
-Sent CoPR and Picture to Montreal visa office, delivered to them on June 17,2020
-PR card Application approved on August 20,2020
-Recieved PR card in the mail today August 26.2020

This forum has been of incredible support , thanks to each and everyone who attempted to provide information to the best of their knowledge.

Cheers and good luck to everyone

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hello Everone

I am excited to share that I recieved my PR card today and now I am free to travel outside Canada.
-Sent CoPR and Picture to Montreal visa office, delivered to them on June 17,2020

This forum has been of incredible support , thanks to each and everyone who attempted to provide information to the best of their knowledge.

That's half of the expected processing time! Congratulations! Cheers!

Reactions: Hassan89

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
Hello Everone

@Hassan89 - Congrats, good to see IRCC-M good news in recent days!

Reactions: Hassan89

kians

Aug 30, 2020
Hello All. I received my CoPR on March 12th, 2020. I came to Canada with a visitor visa in January 2020. I live in Vancouver since then. I am not yet contacted for landing appointment. I contacted IRCC through the webform many many times. Every time, I receive the same message that due to COVID all landing appointments are cancelled. My CoPR expires late in October. Does anyone know if there is any way that I can push IRCC to do my landing appointment before my CoPR expires?

Annie2015

Aug 8, 2020
Hello All. I received my CoPR on March 12th, 2020. I came to Canada with a visitor visa in January 2020. I live in Vancouver since then. I am not yet contacted for landing appointment. I contacted IRCC through the webform many many times. Every time, I receive the same message that due to COVID all landing appointments are cancelled. My CoPR expires late in October. Does anyone know if there is any way that I can push IRCC to do my landing appointment before my CoPR expires?
Email the Vancouver landing CIC office and explain your situation...this will surely help...

OVan

May 10, 2019
Hi, PR card application mailed out and delivered to Etobicoke one month ago, still not received the card? whom to contact to check? Thank you.

hanhan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone, I noticed there was a change in the CIC online account today, the counterfoil become "invalid" and there is new line called " Confirmation of Permanent Resident" is valid. What does that mean? Any idea?

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi everyone, I noticed there was a change in the CIC online account today, the counterfoil become "invalid" and there is new line called " Confirmation of Permanent Resident" is valid. What does that mean? Any idea?
Means that your one time visa that you were supposed to use to enter Canada is now invalid and not required anymore because you are now issued a CoPR without doing the normal landing.

Reactions: hanhan

hanhan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Means that your one time visa that you were supposed to use to enter Canada is now invalid and not required anymore because you are now issued a CoPR without doing the normal landing.
Thanks for your reply.

Does that also mean that I can expect a letter from IRCC, which can confirm my PR status, in the next few days?

ENA1

Sep 5, 2019
Dear All,

I need advise on what i can do on my PR application. I applied some 37 months ago. IRCC had a couple of issues with my application and i even had to go attend an interview just to clarify things that was confusing to them. December 2019, they sent me a PFL for which i have responded since them. As i write this message, i am yet to get any other message or a decision on my application. I have even sent several followup emails to request for the status of my application. Is there anything i can do? I need advise.

Another thing i failed to mention is that i only paid the application fee at the point of submitting my application and did not pay the RPRF. I am hoping that i will make that payment once they notify us to do so on approval of our application.

Kindly advise on what else i can do to get a decision on my application of 37 months now.

Thanks

A.HAMAD

Sep 6, 2020
It looks like I'm the only one whose landing was put on hold just because my spouse is outside Canada at the moment. Really? I am a main candidate and first time I feel so discriminated. Why I should wait? Is anybody else in the same boat? Congratulations to everyone who got finally pr.
I am sharing with you a same situation and my COPR will expire at 14 October 2020.Did you received any call from IRCC or emails to do Virtual landing with you