+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

van2008

Aug 7, 2020
Interview cancelled due to Covid-19, and no updates from cic for 5 months. Contacted Quebec and Edmonton landing office and got COPR. These two offices are very helpful.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

PREEMA3107

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Any inland applicant with expired CoPR here? Did you receive any information from IRCC for landing?
Yes I messaged you on the thread previously but you did not reply. My husband has an expired COPR, he could not get it stamped due to COVID. We have been writing multiple mails, raising web forms but very standard replies and no one has any clue on what should a person in Canada with expired documents do. They are now allowing people overseas with expired docs now to travel but have no communication for people with expired COPR in the country

Annie2015

Aug 8, 2020
Hello. My AOR for the application was July 2019. Today I got a phone call from IRCC and did some kind of interview -most of the questions I got were just for verifying my information that I already gave them. I wonder what I am expected for next steps. Am I getting COPR once they finalized based on the interview that I had today? Then what’s next? So many unknown (sigh)
Hello..I also received a call like this a long back ..around 1and half month..it’s was same like yours..just verifying...till now nothing updated...may be everyone case is different....mine aor was July 2019 ...can you share your timeline till now...thank you ..it will be of great help

Reactions: Kanwal16

hanhan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Inland applicant with valid CoPR in hand, but can't validate due to border closure and landing interview cancellation. Have not yet received PR confirmation letter too. Contacted IRCC through email and webform more than 100 times, but only received a very generic reply everytime. Anyone in the same boat?

ruprekhab

May 29, 2018
Hi all,
We are inland applicants and got our CoPR and visa in March just before the lockdown. Its been 5 months and we are still waiting to hear from them. We have raised multiple web forms but generic reply to wait everytime. Wonder how long the wait is going to be. CoPR will expire in Dec. Can we consider re-entering Canada from USA to get PR processed? It is a risky move but the wait has been very frustrating. Any other suggestions?

ruprekhab

May 29, 2018
Inland applicant with valid CoPR in hand, but can't validate due to border closure and landing interview cancellation. Have not yet received PR confirmation letter too. Contacted IRCC through email and webform more than 100 times, but only received a very generic reply everytime. Anyone in the same boat?
we are in the same situation. No update. Got our CoPR back in March.

Reactions: hanhan

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello there,
Is there anyone who recently landed in Toronto Pearson airport that can inform me if he/she was asked about his/her transfer method from Airport to accommodation(i.e. public transport, Taxi or who will pick you up)?