+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

Chrobik

Jun 28, 2019
I sent the documents for CoPR to Ottawa on March 5 and still waiting for response and nobody tell me anything for all my emails which I sent to them, very frustrating,
This people don’t give a s...t about us.
There are lots of us who are waiting for passports returned from Ottawa. It looks like we are unfortunate ones from March till July and passports are stuck somewhere in the mailing room in Ottawa. I sent several requests too, also involved my MP with no luck. Very frustrating as new decisions made are getting automatic virtual landing and our files are in limbo. I don't know what to do anymore either.

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019
Hey, just giving you guys an update. I got my PR card approved Tuesday. I mailed my package to Etobicoke June 23rdish. Took around 105 days in total to finalize. Wish you guys luck.

battaa

Mar 11, 2015
my parents became PR on 21st sept in canada itself and 3rd october they had to leave to India for emergency purpose. so they dont have PR card (They have COPR)to return back to canada but their Multiple entry is still valid untill march....can they still travel back on that visa

maddi737

Sep 19, 2019
hi everyone,

I am from the states, and living here, and married to a canadian with a valid COPR... I have gotten no information about a landing appointment besides a form letter that says they will “email me with more information to schedule a landing appointment”. Its been over a month and I’m wondering if I am allowed to just go to Canada as a “visitor” and do my landing appointment from within Canada whenever they get around to it? I am exempt from border restrictions because i’m “family”...

Also do people from the states need to submit their passport anywhere? I never got a request to do so.

I have sent multiple web form questions with no response... please help!! thank you :)

pinkypinky

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
Dec 1 2018
I just got a letter that my application is completed and i am a PR now.
I am inland applicant.

My landing interview(march) had canceled because of Covid.

My spouse is oversea at the moment and he didn’t get PR. IRCC mentioned that he will get PR when the overseas office reopen.

Hope this message help you understand.
My primary office is Niagara but Montreal office sent me the happy letter.

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
I am inland applicant.

My spouse is oversea at the moment and he didn’t get PR. IRCC mentioned that he will get PR when the overseas office reopen.

Congratulations!

Please share your timelines: AOR?, COPR? PR Card?

moiz_a52

Nov 12, 2018
I am inland applicant.

Hi Pinky,

Congratulations. What date were you issued a CoPR and till what date was it valid? Also, did you booked an appointment already before your CoPR expired?

I am in a similar situation where I am an inland applicant and my CoPR has expired and my spouse is overseas and even her CoPR is expired.

Thanks.

pinkypinky

Mar 27, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
AOR Received.
Dec 1 2018
Hi Pinky,

Congratulations. What date were you issued a CoPR and till what date was it valid? Also, did you booked an appointment already before your CoPR expired?

I am in a similar situation where I am an inland applicant and my CoPR has expired and my spouse is overseas and even her CoPR is expired.

Thanks.
Back in March, i got a landing interview notice without PPR and my spouse got PPR in overseas.

However everything’s canceled you know.

I just got COPR 2days ago without an interview.
I don’t have any expired day on COPR. The letter says send one picture and the COPR letter for PR CARD.

Reactions: shayusuf247

sk922

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Guys,

My Landing interview was scheduled for Mar18th and then Covid cancellations hit. It has been radio silence since then.
I did not receive my CoPR but was scheduled to attend the Landing interview directly. I got generic response when I filed a request through web form and emailed the Etobicoke and Montreal offices.
My Primary processing center is Montreal and secondary is Vancouver

When I renewed my WP recently I noticed a remark in it - 'Application For Permanent Residence has Received First Stage Approval'.
I tried googling to understand what it exactly means but did not get any clear answer.

Do any of you know what it means? Also, I would appreciate if you can share Vancouver office email id?

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
Hey Guys,

My Landing interview was scheduled for Mar18th and then Covid cancellations hit. It has been radio silence since then.
I did not receive my CoPR but was scheduled to attend the Landing interview directly. I got generic response when I filed a request through web form and emailed the Etobicoke and Montreal offices.
My Primary processing center is Montreal and secondary is Vancouver

When I renewed my WP recently I noticed a remark in it - 'Application For Permanent Residence has Received First Stage Approval'.
I tried googling to understand what it exactly means but did not get any clear answer.

Do any of you know what it means? Also, I would appreciate if you can share Vancouver office email id?
what is the expiry date of your work permit?

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hi all, I received a CoPR in May which expired in October and I have an overseas dependent - I could not perform landing before October and now I'm waiting for IRCC to contact me...
has anyone with an overseas dependent received CoPR and been given PR status between March 2020 and now? How did IRCC do it?