+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

lpo

May 23, 2018
Great observation, you are right. Interestingly the lady asked me about my job, and told me that she is happy that I still work due to Covid. I did not get what she means and felt it is more of emapthy. Anyway, my interview was late Nov, the interesting part is that they did not email me about interview, but just called me. After calling IRCCC, they confirmed it was a valid interview, but different agents were inconsistent if the interview was landing interview or just interview. One agent told me it was and the rest tried to skip answering this question. All the criteria in my online profile still show in progress. This is again different with what I heard from IRCC agent when one told me that it looks eligibility passed. I am not sure what info is reflective of true info and how long it takes. I am also unsure about the purpose of this interview if it was not landing. But then if it was, why they have not emailed copr yet as usually it should have taken few days to email us? That is confusing.

How about yours, do you think we get some update before end of the year? Now because of ottawa lockdown, the hope is getting slim.
I really hope to get a final decision soon. But it will be a kind of Christmas Miracle if we get it before the New Year. I will be really thrilled and grateful if this happened. I am really exhausted from this long wait in the darkness.

Did you get a pre-arrival letter? I received that couple of days before received the email about the interview. However, I didn't really understand that letter based on the fact that I am living in Canada and this letter appears to be more kind of important things for people that are preparing to arrive.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and try found patience for this long journey.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I really hope to get a final decision soon. But it will be a kind of Christmas Miracle if we get it before the New Year. I will be really thrilled and grateful if this happened. I am really exhausted from this long wait in the darkness.

Did you get a pre-arrival letter? I received that couple of days before received the email about the interview. However, I didn't really understand that letter based on the fact that I am living in Canada and this letter appears to be more kind of important things for people that are preparing to arrive.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and try found patience for this long journey.
I agree, it will be a great Chrismass gift if we get it. I did not get the pre arrival letter. I am in the CEC stream and in Canada and main applicant. Is your stream CEC or spousal application? Probably they will send the letters to spousal ones?

We should get sth by Jan, lets see what happens.

lpo

May 23, 2018
I agree, it will be a great Chrismass gift if we get it. I did not get the pre arrival letter. I am in the CEC stream and in Canada and main applicant. Is your stream CEC or spousal application? Probably they will send the letters to spousal ones?

I am a Federal Skilled Worker main applicant. I applied under AIPP. My wife and I are currently living in Canada. I really didn’t get why they send the pre-arrival letter.
Let’s keep waiting for Christmas Miracle. Good luck to us!

Last edited:

lpo

May 23, 2018

Did you get any updates in your application?
I didn’t get nothing in my side.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Did you get any updates in your application?
I didn’t get nothing in my side.
Hi. Nothing from my side as well. Waiting without knowing when IRCC start working... I just noted it seems that recently they do not interview and just ask the address via email. Why did they interview us? When do you think we get some news? Intersting, we are inland without news but outlands get PPR.

lpo

May 23, 2018
Hi. Nothing from my side as well. Waiting without knowing when IRCC start working... I just noted it seems that recently they do not interview and just ask the address via email. Why did they interview us? When do you think we get some news? Intersting, we are inland without news but outlands get PPR.
I believe that they start working again. I have one friend that received the PPR on Jan 11. AOR Dec 2019. I really didn't understand this interview. I called IRCC a couple of days ago and I spoke to an agent that told me that this can happen in some cases and is nothing to worry about. However, we don't know how long going to take the final decision. The thing that it's freaking me out it's the fact to don't have an estimated time.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I believe that they start working again. I have one friend that received the PPR on Jan 11. AOR Dec 2019. I really didn't understand this interview. I called IRCC a couple of days ago and I spoke to an agent that told me that this can happen in some cases and is nothing to worry about. However, we don't know how long going to take the final decision. The thing that it's freaking me out it's the fact to don't have an estimated time.
Do you know by when OTTAWA is in lockedown? I feel that is our answer for when they start working?

lpo

May 23, 2018
The process of my friend was handled by CPC Sydney, NS. They might are working from home or not working more because of the lockdown and red phase in many provinces/zones.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
The process of my friend was handled by CPC Sydney, NS. They might are working from home or not working more because of the lockdown and red phase in many provinces/zones.

True, my vo is ottawa. Is the lockdown by Jan 23 or Feb 10?

lpo

May 23, 2018
Nothing for me as well. Their website indicates they are processing inland for 2020. Why then ours are left from 2019? What should we do?
I am really not sure. I requested ATIP (gcms notes) this week. Going to take at least 30 days do get a copy. I will keep waiting and maybe rise a new webform. But being honest I really don’t know if we can do something.