+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

jyag

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
Reading the link application on the my CIC account it seems that the option is only for those who applied through mail. So, please let me know if I can link my application even though it was submitted online. I got my eCopr in July and since then waiting for my PR card and there's no update on PR portal. Also, how does linking online applications help to get updates? If, someone could explain me, I would appreciate it. Thanks
You can link your PR card using your UCI number and Family name. Below might be useful
http://www.mystudytimes.com/how-to-link-pr-card-application-to-mycic-account/

Once you linked you will get the notifications in GC account

Rdon

Nov 9, 2021
ex
As of now you stated to IRCC that you are inside Canada. Doesn't matter how long they take to give you credentials. As soon as you leave Canada you are supposed to let IRCC know that you are no longer inside Canada. With that being the case, your file will have to be transferred to the Canadian embassy at your home country.
You don't have control to delay or expedite anything and you are not supposed to trick them to optimize your chances.
Once you get the credentials you might get COPR right away or you might not. Either way, you won't be able to enter Camada on the way back if copr is issued and you don't have your PR card yet. It is very tricky and I advise you to delay your trip if you don't have your PR card before you leave Canada.
Hi thanks for your reply. What if I don't declare on the portal that I am in Canada until I come back?

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hello all, I need some expert advice regarding my application. I applied for cec in April and got portal request by email on November 7. I replied to it immediately but now I have got a reminder and I replied to that as well. Looking at forums, I see that many people are having this issue. I need to travel to my home country in December and come back in January. I was wondering if I can do so since I have a valid work permit and visa until November 2022. For example, I get login credentials by Nov end and I dont update the portal so would this help delaying my pr process so i can enter the country again on my work permit?
Thanks to everyone in advance and I cannot delay my trip since I'm getting married and all reservations have been made.
I had once asked this question to an IRCC agent while my express entry application was still under process that if I were to travel outside Canada, what happens to my profile, do I update my address? They said if you're travelling and coming back, as in going for vacation, there is no need to inform for an address change. We should do that in the case we relocate. You should be okay and your visa is valid long enough to come back in.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
ex

Hi thanks for your reply. What if I don't declare on the portal that I am in Canada until I come back?
The email for the credentials for PR confirmation clearly states "You have 7 days from the date of this email to confirm you're in Canada and submit your photo". You can't wait to come back and declare that.

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Hi guys, i received the 1st portal mail on 9-Nov-2021 and reminder on 10-Nov-2021, had replied multiple times, but so far no credential reply from IRCC, is it consider normal ? Pls advise, thank You and Good luck!
Have you received your credential email yet? I got the first email yesterday (Nov. 11) and replied right away...still waiting for the credentials. My wife also got an email - should she reply as well or just wait through my email?

barcaruleall

Feb 16, 2021
Have you received your credential email yet? I got the first email yesterday (Nov. 11) and replied right away...still waiting for the credentials. My wife also got an email - should she reply as well or just wait through my email?
I got the first email on Wednesday (Nov 10) and replied straight away. I haven't received the credentials yet. It seems like it can take up to a couple of weeks to get the credentials. Hopefully quicker though

Reactions: rainbowsunicorns

malikabera

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
I did. Got both the second email and eCOPR today (this was unexpected and pretty fast).

Timeline:
Portal email: Nov 5th
Portal Credentials email: Nov 10th
eCOPR: Nov 10th
PR card: waiting
May I know what is your VO??
I received the portal email from Vancouver replied in the evening got my credential email next morning but now waiting for copr it’s been a week now

malikabera

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
I did the same raised the web form and probably that’s what helped, got my COPR within 1.5 days. I got my credentials on Nov 3 and received COPR today.
this is helpful my timeline for portal email is same as urs I filled my credentials on Nov 4 and send but since then I’m waiting for my copr
May I know what u exactly wrote in web form ??

Grace1234

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Does anyone here get portal 1 email from the Calgary office? I got mine on Nov 1 at 7 pm MT and replied within half an hour, but still waiting for the login information.
Hi have your recieved your login information? I also got the email from Calgary office

Presin4

Nov 13, 2021
Hi guys, i received the 1st portal mail on 9-Nov-2021 and reminder on 10-Nov-2021, had replied multiple times, but so far no credential reply from IRCC, is it consider normal ? Pls advise, thank You and Good luck!
Hi - We received it on 8th Nov and have had email reminder on 9th and 10th Nov, we responded on 10th nov and have seen nothing since.