+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

PR666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Got my eCOPR on November 1 but today I got an email from IRCC saying that my photo did not meet the requirements and there was an issue with the address.
It took 55 days from P2 to eCOPR, what exactly were they reviewing?
Why the photo did not meet the requirement? Brightness or size? when you uploaded the photo, did you get any warning?

Reactions: maple_steve

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
Why the photo did not meet the requirement? Brightness or size? when you uploaded the photo, did you get any warning?
It was a size/pixel issue. No warning during the whole time it was under review. Just an email today saying that it needs revision, this after 55 days of review.

PR666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
It was a size/pixel issue. No warning during the whole time it was under review. Just an email today saying that it needs revision, this after 55 days of review.
Don't worry, just upload a new one, they should process it soon. As long as you received Ecopr, almost done.

Reactions: Fordling

Superduca252

Jul 5, 2023
Hello everyone, I had an update today:
- Portal 1: August 16 (submitted info same day)
- Portal 2: Sept 4 (submitted photo and address on the same day, except for 1 dependent who travelled back to the original country)
- READY FOR VISA email for dependent: Nov 3 (request from Ottawa)
- eCoPR: waiting
- VO Montreal
The interesting thing is that an outland dependent letter can be issued before the inland principal applicant's e-CoPR. Is this a normal sequence?

checkmate123

Oct 18, 2023
- Portal 2: Sept 4 (submitted photo and address on the same day, except for 1 dependent who travelled back to the original country)
- VO Montreal
The interesting thing is that an outland dependent letter can be issued before the inland principal applicant's e-CoPR. Is this a normal sequence?
yes, my outland dependent has already received his COPR and visa stamp but I'm still waiting for my inland eCoPR since Sept 7th

Reactions: Superduca252

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Yes, as long as you return by land as well (in a private vehicle). You'll have to present your eCOPR at the border.
Hi, I have same query, My PR application is at final stage and I hope I will get my ecopr by end of Dec. I will be traveling to India via New York. My question, when I return, can I travel back to Toronto from New York via train or bus? Or it needs to be only in private vehicle? Please let me know.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
- VO Montreal
It seems so but they didn't do that for my dependent. They sent back her passport and said to wait for the PA to get eCOPR. Now the passport is somewhere in transit, the PA got eCOPR, and she has to wait till the passport arrives then to send it back to them then they have to send it back to her. I prefer them to stamp the passport when they get it even if the dependent has to wait to travel.

It see

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
It seems so but they didn't do that for my dependent. They sent back her passport and said to wait for the PA to get eCOPR. Now the passport is somewhere in transit, the PA got eCOPR, and she has to wait till the passport arrives then to send it back to them then they have to send it back to her. I prefer them to stamp the passport when they get it even if the dependent has to wait to travel.

It see
What country is your dependant in, mine is Jamaica and they send their passport and waiting for visa and copr but I haven't gotten my ecopr, hope they get it.

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
What country is your dependant in, mine is Jamaica and they send their passport and waiting for visa and copr but I haven't gotten my ecopr, hope they get it.
My daughter is in the US. I hope she gets it soon too. And I pray you get eCOPR in this coming week. It's time for families to reunite.

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Got my eCOPR on November 1 but today I got an email from IRCC saying that my photo did not meet the requirements and there was an issue with the address.
It took 55 days from P2 to eCOPR, what exactly were they reviewing?
I think they eCOPR is more on confirming your presence here. The photo and address is for the PR card purposes only. And you would think why does it have to take that long when that's the only thing they needed to do, right? haha. Anyway, at least you have your eCOPR already. Congrats! I believe the photo wouldn't affect your eCOPR anyway.

Reactions: maple_steve