+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Outland applicants are issued COPR which is usually accompanied with stamp on passport.
Inland applicants on the other hand does not need to submit passport and gets portal request and after completing steps gets issued COPR to download. Hence its called eCOPR

checkmate123

Oct 18, 2023
can I travel to the US by land after receiving eCoPR but have not yet received a PR card? if I have valid visitor US and Canadian visas

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Outland applicants are issued COPR which is usually accompanied with stamp on passport.
Inland applicants on the other hand does not need to submit passport and gets portal request and after completing steps gets issued COPR to download. Hence its called eCOPR
My outland dependent got his PP stamped along with his Copr. I am waiting for my Ecopr since Oct 16 from VO Etobicoke. Can he travel or do we need to wait till I get my Ecopr? Our copr expiry date is in Jan 2024.

Athira1812

Sep 12, 2023
My outland dependent got his PP stamped along with his Copr. I am waiting for my Ecopr since Oct 16 from VO Etobicoke. Can he travel or do we need to wait till I get my Ecopr? Our copr expiry date is in Jan 2024.
He Cannot travel, my husband has his COPR & Visa since august 04th, i am still waiting for my COPR. we had to cancel his ticket.

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Ok thanks. That is what I know too. I just got confused when it said "currently reside in Canada"...if it's outland, then how can you be residing in Canada? Or am I missing something.

tinyabs

Nov 3, 2023
Got my ECOPR today
Timeline:
1. Portal 1: August 23
2. Submitted Portal 1: August 24. Had travel plans so I sent them my travel dates (August 31st - Sept 4th) and my information for Portal 2 setup
3. Portal 2: August 30
4. Replied back to IRCC email that I have returned to Canada as of Sept 4th
5. Submitted Portal 2: Sept 5
6. Follow up email from IRCC on Sept 18 asking again to confirm my presence in Canada even though portal submission was completed and presence declared
7. Sent follow up email to Portal 1 email on Oct 14, in case it was missed with the same details as submitted on Sept 18
8. Called IRCC agents for enquiry about application, told to wait: Oct 18
9. One more follow up email sent to IRCC: Oct 23
10. ECOPR email received, yet to review the document for correctness.
VO Etobicoke
CEC Inland

Harpreet2817

May 17, 2023
Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the Toronto Star immigration journalist in one hour. If you've submitted your declaration of presence in Canada and you're still waiting for your eCoPR, please reply with 1) your main complaint about this process and 2) an immediate alternative you would like to be offered since the virtual landing system is not working as it's supposed to