Aug 21, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
13-03-2023
Med's Done....
FEB 2023
Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the Toronto Star immigration journalist in one hour. If you've submitted your declaration of presence in Canada and you're still waiting for your eCoPR, please reply with 1) your main complaint about this process and 2) an immediate alternative you would like to be offered since the virtual landing system is not working as it's supposed to

dvdmrn

Aug 21, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
13-03-2023
Med's Done....
FEB 2023
I’m curious if there is anyone who is waiting for eCOPR form Ottawa (Virtual Landing Unit, Operations Support Centre)?

It seems that issue are only with Etobicoke and Montreal visa offices. But I'm waiting for eCOPR from Ottawa for more than 3 weeks now.
I got emails from both Montreal (P1 Sep 8 and P2 13) and VLU (P1 Oct 18)

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the Toronto Star immigration journalist in one hour. If you've submitted your declaration of presence in Canada and you're still waiting for your eCoPR, please reply with 1) your main complaint about this process and 2) an immediate alternative you would like to be offered since the virtual landing system is not working as it's supposed to
1) Slow processing and lack of transparency. They say we're in a queue, but their queue is not based on portal submission dates. Would be nice to have some transparency about how the queue is formed. Also, they should publish processing times like they do for different streams, PR Card etc.

2) I'm okay with the virtual landing and would prefer it this way. If only they could issue the eCOPR automatically after submitting the in-Canada declaration.

Reactions: dvdmrn

respect72

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
I believe , for everyone it is time delay for eCOPR after submitting your presence and photos. It couldn`t be 2 or 3 months of waiting when you have been checked for everything.
Also, let`s IRCC or government explain to people the procedure of eCOPR issuing? All documents already checked, so what staff should do for eCOPR exctracting?

respect72

Star Member
Oct 1, 2023
In the beginning of the year, people got the eCOPR at the same day or next day after answering for portal 2.
But now it seems they don`t want to work.

Reactions: maple_steve

Ahmedypep

Nov 2, 2023

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
Why the straightforward procedure that took 15 minutes to do in person now is a waiting nightmare with months people spent in limbo waiting for eCOPR. Why IRCC doesn't want to go back to in-person service? IRCC can allow us to do a flagpole at the CA/US border and the issue will be resolved.

Jashn105

Nov 2, 2023
Its so frustrating, many people who received their portal in oct are getting their ecopr however, there are many who are waiting from august and September.
why don't they follow a queue.

Reactions: Mayhum and dvdmrn
Oct 30, 2023
If we check our Tracker there is already a COPR Number and an expiry date to it which indicates that it COPR details are partially ready. All they are required to do is verify our declaration and other details, yet it is taking so long. The wait times are insane.

Msvaleri

Aug 23, 2023
1) This process is not fast as suppose to be or there no way to track. 2) It would be so much better if we know where we stand in the line when we expect our Ecopr

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Why the straightforward procedure that took 15 minutes to do in person now is a waiting nightmare with months people spent in limbo waiting for eCOPR. Why IRCC doesn't want to go back to in-person service? IRCC can allow us to do a flagpole at the CA/US border and the issue will be resolved.
That's not better than virtual. It used to take only a couple days for eCOPR and that's how it should be all the time. Having to flagpole is worse in many ways: takes time, expensive and some people need a visa for the US. The virtual system is an improvement, they just need to fix these ridiculous delays.

makaloo

Oct 20, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
The uncertainty around the entire process is unacceptable. If this is already approved, then it should not take this long for anyone to issue the eCOPR. If they are backlogged, that is understandable and there are ways of handling a situation like this. At the very least, if they can communicate and set expectations on their processing times, that would help alleviate some of the anxiety and unpredictability with this process.

dvdmrn

Aug 21, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
13-03-2023
Med's Done....
FEB 2023
That's not better than virtual. It used to take only a couple days for eCOPR and that's how it should be all the time. Having to flagpole is worse in many ways: takes time, expensive and some people need a visa for the US. The virtual system is an improvement, they just need to fix these ridiculous delays.
I don't think the virtual landing issues can be fixed in the short term. I'm guessing that's why some of us choose to be more pragmatic and advocate for the "lesser evil," which would be flagpoling. BTW, I think you don't need a US visa to flagpole since you won't be entering the US anyway, but in my case I would need the good old immigrant visa stamp to re-enter Canada.