+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

lilmsfoodie

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the Toronto Star immigration journalist in one hour. If you've submitted your declaration of presence in Canada and you're still waiting for your eCoPR, please reply with 1) your main complaint about this process and 2) an immediate alternative you would like to be offered since the virtual landing system is not working as it's supposed to
I'm not sure if you can still read this but main complaints are:

1. VOs not being responsive (I get it that they are busy but that should assign someone I think to look at these delays)
2. No visibility on where you are on the queue (knowing that you've been approved already but not getting any updates). They will instead make you wait for God knows how long.
3. They are not being considerate of other people's plans.

Reactions: maple_steve

Saif11

Star Member
Jan 28, 2023
Hey everyone, I will be meeting with the Toronto Star immigration journalist in one hour. If you've submitted your declaration of presence in Canada and you're still waiting for your eCoPR, please reply with 1) your main complaint about this process and 2) an immediate alternative you would like to be offered since the virtual landing system is not working as it's supposed to
You can also refer him a lots of people tweeted to IRCC and Mac Miller by for eCOPR

Krosshunt

Oct 25, 2023
Just for information: I emailed IRCC PR Portal email to expedite my eCOPR as I had an urgent task dependent on it. They replied me 20 days later with below response:

"Dear client,
Thank you for your email.
Your application is in our virtual landing queue.
Given our current processing capacity, there are delays in processing the high volume of files.
We will contact you directly once your file is ready for finalization.
Please note that we will not be responding to follow-up inquiries."

So, we can't do anything except wait.

VO Montreal
Portal 2: Sept 15, 2023
That is awful! Just pathetic, treating us like robots.

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
That's not better than virtual. It used to take only a couple days for eCOPR and that's how it should be all the time. Having to flagpole is worse in many ways: takes time, expensive and some people need a visa for the US. The virtual system is an improvement, they just need to fix these ridiculous delays.
you don't need a visa for a flagpole if you're in Canada
but as I know, before COVID you simply had to visit the closest Service Canada office to get your CoPR

Mayhum

Star Member
Aug 28, 2023
Will anything happen post your meeting or? :(

Andres0

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Seems like the Etobicoke office is not so busy. They should transfer some files from Montreal to Etobicoke. Why do they even assign a specific VO instead of all VOs picking files from a general pool. Would be much quicker if they shared the load equally.

Mwophy

Oct 23, 2023
Any one waiting for portal 1 email ?
my timeline:
CEC
AOR: 8th June
Medical passed: August 28
Medicals passed again: October 14th
BGC and eligibility completed on October 14th.
I can see the COPR number in the documents section, but i have not yet received portal 1 email.
We are in the same boat. Been waiting for portal 1 since September 14th

Reactions: maple_steve