+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

LJK

May 8, 2020
Yes portal is super fast. They really ruined the fair chance of applicants since November. Most of the recent applicants are getting PR cards in 10 days.
I feel everyone's pain! How can we submit through the portal or can we not after sending in the mail? Has anyone spoken to their MP about this to try to put pressure on? It's ridiculous and upsetting during a pandemic when people are most likely to need to travel for an emergency yet are trapped in Canada by this archaic system!

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I feel everyone's pain! How can we submit through the portal or can we not after sending in the mail? Has anyone spoken to their MP about this to try to put pressure on? It's ridiculous and upsetting during a pandemic when people are most likely to need to travel for an emergency yet are trapped in Canada by this archaic system!
As I said earlier, we are at mercy of some officer who decides whether to issue portal login or directly approve the CoPR.

They should have been more transparent on this i.e. one system for all. I could not provide any justification for keep hanging the applications for 5 months for such a simple travel document.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
As I said earlier, we are at mercy of some officer who decides whether to issue portal login or directly approve the CoPR.

They should have been more transparent on this i.e. one system for all. I could not provide any justification for keep hanging the applications for 5 months for such a simple travel document.
Besides Its a really simple process. I can't understand why it takes so long as they only open envelopes and scan photos for printing in Sydney. Opening an envelope should not take 5 months.

• Sad
Reactions: Nousernamesadface

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I see pretty much everyone mailed their photos for the PR card. Is there anyone who uploaded the picture on the PR confirmation portal and received the PR card? Could anyone confirm how much time it could take if photo submission is done online? PS: VO- Etobicoke office
I saw from some other posts that it took approximately 10 days for few people.

Nishchay_23

Jan 27, 2010
Hi All,
Are we able to link the PR card application to our online account, as i have mailed my picture and CoPR to Etobicoke office and i wanted to track it. As soon as i try to do it online it fails. Please share thoughts.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Hi All,

It will be great if you clarify on the below

I received eCOPR on 8th May after uploading the photo and address in the new portal link, photo is still under review status with IRCC.
VO: Etobicoke

1. May I know how long it takes to received the PR card , do I have any other process pending to receive PR card.
2. Do we need to send passport to any office to get any visa stamping details in the passport

Thank you

Reactions: amitgupta.1984

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All,

It will be great if you clarify on the below

I received eCOPR on 8th May after uploading the photo and address in the new portal link, photo is still under review status with IRCC.
VO: Etobicoke

1. May I know how long it takes to received the PR card , do I have any other process pending to receive PR card.
2. Do we need to send passport to any office to get any visa stamping details in the passport

Thank you
please find the responses below :
1. It varies, some people received in 10 days, while few others are waiting for many weeks. There are no action required from your end unless they ask some more information or new set of photos.

2. No. PR card is a travel document, you don't require a visa while traveling with a PR card.

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
please find the responses below :
1. It varies, some people received in 10 days, while few others are waiting for many weeks. There are no action required from your end unless they ask some more information or new set of photos.

2. No. PR card is a travel document, you don't require a visa while traveling with a PR card.
Thank you for your response
Much appreciated

Reactions: shashi_b

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Hello- i need help in understanding repsonse to webform
Me and my husbands photos were delivered on Nov 27, 2020 (tracked via canada post).

i raised a webform to know the status of PR card but i received a below reply today. What does not available in system mean - did they not receive it? I verified with Canada post that they were indeed delivered. I am so worried now as it’s already been a while

We have verified the information you provided and your photographs not available in the system yet.

If you sent them by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that they were indeed received by the processing office.

Your photographs will be processed according to the date of reception.”
Have you received any update regarding pr card because they have started processing file for December