+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

amitgupta.1984

Apr 12, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
Med's Done....
29-10-2020
Hi All,

It will be great if you clarify on the below

I received eCOPR on 8th May after uploading the photo and address in the new portal link, photo is still under review status with IRCC.
VO: Etobicoke

1. May I know how long it takes to received the PR card , do I have any other process pending to receive PR card.
2. Do we need to send passport to any office to get any visa stamping details in the passport

Thank you
Did you get the portal url ?

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
If I call IRCC (888 2422100), would they be able to let me know if they received the mail with the photos? Or they are unable to know since it's under Etobicoke office?

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
I feel everyone's pain! How can we submit through the portal or can we not after sending in the mail? Has anyone spoken to their MP about this to try to put pressure on? It's ridiculous and upsetting during a pandemic when people are most likely to need to travel for an emergency yet are trapped in Canada by this archaic system!
I dont understand one thing. Why we didnt get the portal link, i got my copr in end of march, but i was asked to submit the photos via mail. I am really confused why it is not same for eveeryone ?

virani123

Star Member
Apr 13, 2020
I dont understand one thing. Why we didnt get the portal link, i got my copr in end of march, but i was asked to submit the photos via mail. I am really confused why it is not same for eveeryone ?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
It depends on the officer who is finalizing your file at your local IRCC. It really is just random, there’s nothing more to it

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I couldn't agree more. When their systems and processes are already stretched out then, they must not repeat the same mistake to instruct applicants to mail the photos. Instead they must use digital means as much as possible to avoid any manual processing and to allow their staff to work from home.

It wonders me a lot when the whole eAPR process is digital then, why don't they allow digital photo submission as well?

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Another impact of this unimaginable delay in delivery of PR Card
Today was my friend's closing of mortgage from TD bank. TD needs a Canada issued photo id. My friend has Ontario DL but wife does not have DL or even Provincial ID. Foreign Passport is not acceptable by TD. Ontario health card is also not acceptable.

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Another impact of this unimaginable delay in delivery of PR Card
Today was my friend's closing of mortgage from TD bank. TD needs a Canada issued photo id. My friend has Ontario DL but wife does not have DL or even Provincial ID. Foreign Passport is not acceptable by TD. Ontario health card is also not acceptable.
There will be many more hidden impacts because PR card is the only document to prove the PR status in Canada. Everywhere the unsigned eCOPR may not accepted because it is generated using MS word :) just copy and paste and every bank will not call IRCC to validate COPR.

The PR card has other valid usage apart from the travel. I hope they act on it and issue our cards soon.

Reactions: Ilya127