+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
You can do online for sin.
Please use this link to apply online : https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/

I received mine in 1 week. You would need soft copy of the following documents :
1. Proof of status in Canada - COPR
2. Proof of Identity - Passport Bio page
3. Proof of Address : Lease agreement/Utility bill/Bank statement/Any letter from Federal or Provincial govt.

Last edited:

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Yeah.. I remember the times as temp resident, Service Ontario asked me to cancel all govt photo ids back in my home country to issue an Ontario photo id for my spouse who doesnt drive or has no other photo id in canada. Ridiculous. PR card should save in this situations.
Yup. Thats the point I have. We don't have any document/card to show the PR status to other institutions e.g. Financial institutions.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
The timeline for PR card is ridiculous...for 4 months you will be stuck even if you need to travel outside Canada for an emergency you cant otherwise you will get an even bigger problem...they should do something about this
They have taken everything granted in the name of this pandemic but forgot the very basic point that PR's(Economic immigration) are immigrants and they still have strong social ties with thier home country until they become Citizens here.

Reactions: aaryas and Fadros

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I can do it online, I think it will take 20 business days. My employer wants it immediately, so I thought I could go in-person to ServiceCanada. Does any know if we can go directly there?

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hello all
What is the current processing time to get PR card?
When I applied in March, people from Nov 2020 were getting GU.
Has it moved forward?
It's been 2 months that I have sent my photo, also linked the application to cic, so far no updates for me.

Just trying to understand the timeline

Thank you

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hello all
What is the current processing time to get PR card?
When I applied in March, people from Nov 2020 were getting GU.
Has it moved forward?
It's been 2 months that I have sent my photo, also linked the application to cic, so far no updates for me.

Just trying to understand the timeline

Thank you
It's stuck in December now.

Reactions: shashi_b

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I can do it online, I think it will take 20 business days. My employer wants it immediately, so I thought I could go in-person to ServiceCanada. Does any know if we can go directly there?
Pre pandemic, you could get SIN in one day by visiting Service Canada in person. However, things changed now and I don't think they are accepting in-person visits any longer. Your employer should understand it. Explain them. I applied for my family on same day. Received SIN mail only for one in 9 business days and still waiting for rest of SIN mails.

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi All, How long does it take usually to link my PR card application online profile after photos delivered?
I tried many times but not able to link, may be my PR was Paper based and I send my photo on 9th Feb after that it was received in 2 days but till today I am unable to link it, however I send tracked post and it was signed and received in Etobicoke office.

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
You can link paper-based applications as well. For any application mailed to their office, we cant link it until it makes it into the system. No idea how long it takes.

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
You can link paper-based applications as well. For any application mailed to their office, we cant link it until it makes it into the system. No idea how long it takes.
Yeah I did link my paper based PR though.
But PR Card one is not when I called to agent she said you may not link as its first PR card. But as per you my PR card application is still not in system?