+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
There will be many more hidden impacts because PR card is the only document to prove the PR status in Canada. Everywhere the unsigned eCOPR may not accepted because it is generated using MS word :) just copy and paste and every bank will not call IRCC to validate COPR.

The PR card has other valid usage apart from the travel. I hope they act on it and issue our cards soon.
In the whole big Canada is it just the Etobicoke office where employees are put under such severe COVID restrictions that they can't open the envelope and scan so that other office can print and ship!! Many of folks who are sending to other offices are getting within a week or two

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
In the whole big Canada is it just the Etobicoke office where employees are put under such severe COVID restrictions that they can't open the envelope and scan so that other office can print and ship!! Many of folks who are sending to other offices are getting within a week or two
The system is very decentralized and Im not even sure if anyone in immigration ministry is aware of the struggles people are facing in Etobicoke office. Unless someone bring attention, nothing will change

Hopeful0403

Star Member
May 21, 2020
The system is very decentralized and Im not even sure if anyone in immigration ministry is aware of the struggles people are facing in Etobicoke office. Unless someone bring attention, nothing will change
Yeah..It's been a back to back hassle for many of Us who came out of the "Ottawa CPC" rabbit hole only to get stuck in another "Etobicoke" hole.

• Haha
Reactions: Nousernamesadface

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Indeed they should have more than 1 office in GTA to process such huge volume of applications. The other IRCC offices are established for very small cities as compared to GTA e.g. London, Kitchener, Niagara.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
unfortunately they are worthless! we can see that our applications are in progress and can call by ourselves.
I have sent an email to MP of my area. Lets see what he responds.

Found his contact details from this website :
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/adam-vaughan(54434)

Edit : I received the following response
"I have assigned your correspondence to a member of my staff, and someone from my office will be following-up with you shortly."

Last edited:

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Another impact of this unimaginable delay in delivery of PR Card
Today was my friend's closing of mortgage from TD bank. TD needs a Canada issued photo id. My friend has Ontario DL but wife does not have DL or even Provincial ID. Foreign Passport is not acceptable by TD. Ontario health card is also not acceptable.
There will be many more hidden impacts because PR card is the only document to prove the PR status in Canada. Everywhere the unsigned eCOPR may not accepted because it is generated using MS word :) just copy and paste and every bank will not call IRCC to validate COPR.

The PR card has other valid usage apart from the travel. I hope they act on it and issue our cards soon.
Yeah.. I remember the times as temp resident, Service Ontario asked me to cancel all govt photo ids back in my home country to issue an Ontario photo id for my spouse who doesnt drive or has no other photo id in canada. Ridiculous. PR card should save in this situations.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
The timeline for PR card is ridiculous...for 4 months you will be stuck even if you need to travel outside Canada for an emergency you cant otherwise you will get an even bigger problem...they should do something about this

Reactions: shashi_b