+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal online file returned due to photos are missing

dangga00

May 31, 2013
FWIW, in our case, PR card renewal application was originally submitted on Jan 16, 2023.
Then on Feb 21, 2023, got the "Photos are missing" status.
Resubmitted on Feb 21 (same day), with same photo and same payment receipt and documents.
Status as of today: Submitted; but the "Photos are missing" status is still visible.

Photo was taken at a chain local photo studio in Vancouver for $30 (specializing in passport photos etc) - wondering if we overpaid if anything LOL.

@empab @pranavchauhan @Alberto70

Edit: Thank you @Ponga - yes, to clarify, I've read that a lot of contributors here reported it's a glitch, I thought I'd share our journey to add to the DP. And I hope in our case it's also the system glitch that prompted the "Photos are missing" status, not that the photo taken was problematic.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FWIW, in our case, PR card renewal application was originally submitted on Jan 16, 2023.
Resubmitted on Feb 21 (same day), with same photo and same payment receipt and documents.
Status as of today: Submitted; but the "Photos are missing" status is still visible.

Photo was taken at a chain local photo studio in Vancouver for $30 (specializing in passport photos etc) - wondering if we overpaid if anything LOL.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/21644780/?searchform=1&q=photo+glitch&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=57&o=relevance

Many people are reporting that this is a glitch in IRCC's system. Check the link above to the many threads in this very forum, discussing this.

Reactions: dangga00

Mulory

Mar 13, 2023

Edit: Thank you @Ponga - yes, to clarify, I've read that a lot of contributors here reported it's a glitch, I thought I'd share our journey to add to the DP. And I hope in our case it's also the system glitch that prompted the "Photos are missing" status, not that the photo taken was problematic.
Thank you.
I am exactly in the same situation as you are. My application was returned ( I don't know exactly when there was no email notification) with "photos are missing" status. I used a local chain photo studio as well, so pretty sure the photos are valid. On Feb 21, 2023 I resubmitted the same application as every item had a green check mark, including the photos. It's not possible to submit the application without a valid photo...

I'm sweating a bit because I have travels planned in mid June. I'm debating if I should create a second application as an urgent request.

pranavchauhan

Mar 7, 2015

Thank you.
after resubmitting, status stays "photos are missing" but your application will still be processed and eventually status gets cleared when they dispatch your card.

pk312

Jan 16, 2023
after resubmitting, status stays "photos are missing" but your application will still be processed and eventually status gets cleared when they dispatch your card.
Thanks Pranav.
Approximately does it take around 2-3 months to get the PR card after resubmitting?

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search/21644780/?searchform=1&q=photo+glitch&t=post&c[child_nodes]=1&c[nodes][0]=57&o=relevance

Many people are reporting that this is a glitch in IRCC's system. Check the link above to the many threads in this very forum, discussing this.
My PR was delivered on Feb 20.
The "photo missing" warning disappeared after a couple of weeks.
I didn't resubmit the application. Everything went well and it took, ,more or less, 2 months for the card to arrive.

maplecult

Oct 14, 2019
Hello, I submitted in February PR renewal online for me and my son the same day. Yesterday I found my application returned due to incomplete, even didn't find anything incomplete. So redo the consent and resubmitted. Now in my or renewal portal, there are 2 applications ( 1submitted on Feb 08, 1 submitted on March 17) which both show submitted+reason of return (incomplete), view button is on grey, but I don't know what's happening to my son's application as it was not showed Returned before I redid mine, is it disappeared in the system? And how about mine? Is it still incomplete? Did anyone may help me for that? Thanks.

maplecult

Oct 14, 2019
My PR was delivered on Feb 20.
The "photo missing" warning disappeared after a couple of weeks.
I didn't resubmit the application. Everything went well and it took, ,more or less, 2 months for the card to arrive.
I got my application returned,I redid the consent in the same application and clicked submit, was that what you did?

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
I am exactly in the same situation as you are. My application was returned ( I don't know exactly when there was no email notification) with "photos are missing" status. I used a local chain photo studio as well, so pretty sure the photos are valid. On Feb 21, 2023 I resubmitted the same application as every item had a green check mark, including the photos. It's not possible to submit the application without a valid photo...

I'm sweating a bit because I have travels planned in mid June. I'm debating if I should create a second application as an urgent request.
Hello , I have exactly the same timeline and same condition/status as yours. Did you get any update ?

Damsacci

Mar 20, 2023
Hi there, I've applied more than one month ago for the PR Card and and just today appear that "Photo are Missing" but the botton is greyed and I can't do anything to edit the application, and I'm sure that I've uploaded the photos correctley.
So I'm wondering if now I have just to wait for the PR Card because the application is still under review or if I have to submit a new one.
Does someone of you in the same situation just waited for the Card even with the "Photo are Missing" and recived the Card?
Thank you so much

Ottawa1243

Mar 21, 2023
No! I didn't resubmit the application. The photo missing message disappeared itself after 2 weeks and my PR card was delivered.
Hi, did you receive an email saying that your application was approved before getting your PR card delivered? Also, if it took your card about 2 months to arrive, does it mean you applied around the month of Dec/Jan? If I applied in Feb, does it mean I'll get my card in March/April? Thank you a lot

Alberto70

Star Member
Nov 6, 2011
Hi, did you receive an email saying that your application was approved before getting your PR card delivered? Also, if it took your card about 2 months to arrive, does it mean you applied around the month of Dec/Jan? If I applied in Feb, does it mean I'll get my card in March/April? Thank you a lot
Hi,
No, they didn't send any email.
I applied on December 20, 2022. If you consider the Xmas holidays, the entire process took less than two months.
I believe you should receive your PR card next month.
Good luck

Mulory

Mar 13, 2023
Hello , I have exactly the same timeline and same condition/status as yours. Did you get any update ?
No update unfortunately. The photos are missing message is still there too. I wish there was a way to get more information on the status.