+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal online file returned due to photos are missing

sumanth7x

Jan 24, 2023
@sumanth7x Thanks for your info. Can you please let me know how to link to GCkey account, I tried yesterday with UCI, First name, family name and other combinations, it said application not found. I tried with lower and upper case for Home town/ City of birth. no luck! should we put City, state as well? Not sure what I'm missing, But cannot find my application on GCkey portal. would be great if you shed some light here.. thanks!
I had similar issue while trying to find my profile to link, but a quick look at the faq mentioned that the place of birth must be the same as what is in your passport (city, state/province). After putting in exactly what was in my passport, I was able to link my account. Hope that helps.

Reactions: devav2 and tulip006

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
I applied feb 18th… last week on I beleive Thursday my return reason was updated to “incomplete application.” My view button is greyed out so the application has not actually been returned to me.. hoping its a glitch *fingers crossed*… just waiting it out for now as looking at others timelines I should receive an AOR by end of next week.
it's taking 6 weeks to get an AOR?

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Looks like closer to 8 weeks… itll be 7 weeks for me by end of next week.
8 weeks just for AOR and how long it will take for the complete process?

Rk1989

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
8 weeks just for AOR and how long it will take for the complete process?
Im just going by what im seeing others post on this forum. Once you receive an AOR it should be fairly quick.. 1-2 weeks… note that some people have mentioned they didnt even receive an AOR and were surprised to find their card in the mail lol

Were you able to figure out what is incomplete? Did you check if your photos have a message?

tulip006

Mar 6, 2017
I had similar issue while trying to find my profile to link, but a quick look at the faq mentioned that the place of birth must be the same as what is in your passport (city, state/province). After putting in exactly what was in my passport, I was able to link my account. Hope that helps.
Thank you!, I tried the same now, and it is weird that it is pulling my old 2018 application based on UCI. I tried to look further with other combinations but it is picking up only one and that is old 2018., not picking up the recent 2023 application. :( actually, it supposed to pick up two applications, old and new, but its not happening... It is weird....

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Im just going by what im seeing others post on this forum. Once you receive an AOR it should be fairly quick.. 1-2 weeks… note that some people have mentioned they didnt even receive an AOR and were surprised to find their card in the mail lol

Were you able to figure out what is incomplete? Did you check if your photos have a message?
No, I checked it multiple times and then resubmitted it I am thinking of sending Paper application as well, as my PR card is expiring in May

swamiceg

Apr 3, 2018
PR card renewal application submitted on Feb 25th. When I was checking the status in the portal a few days back, saw an update in the 'Return Reason' column stating "Primary identification is not provided
Incomplete application".
No email notification so far, the status says 'Submitted', and the view button is greyed out.

Pretty sure that I've submitted everything from the checklist including my Passport, PR card copy, etc.,

Not sure whether it makes sense to wait as it looks more like a glitch as everyone is saying.

dangga00

May 31, 2013
PR card renewal application submitted on Feb 25th. When I was checking the status in the portal a few days back, saw an update in the 'Return Reason' column stating "Primary identification is not provided
Incomplete application".
No email notification so far, the status says 'Submitted', and the view button is greyed out.

Pretty sure that I've submitted everything from the checklist including my Passport, PR card copy, etc.,

Not sure whether it makes sense to wait as it looks more like a glitch as everyone is saying.
Hi, sharing my case for DP. Submitted an online enquiry (case specific) on Mar 30, no response yet.
  • PR card renewal application was originally submitted on Jan 16, 2023.
  • Then on Feb 21, 2023, got the "Photos are missing" status.
  • Resubmitted on Feb 21 (same day), with same photo and same payment receipt and documents.
  • Status as of today (Apr 5): Submitted; but "Return reason" is stated as "Incomplete application" and the "View" button is greyed out (cannot be clicked).

pk312

Jan 16, 2023
what was your timeline bro?
because i have same issue of photos missing and i have applied renewal on NOV 23 and what is your status on portal now ?
is it still submitted? or u got any email for your card approval ?
Hi Rishab97,
Did you received your PR card? I had also submitted my application on 23rd Nov

dangga00

May 31, 2013
Hi, sharing my case for DP. Submitted an online enquiry (case specific) on Mar 30, no response yet.
  • Resubmitted on Feb 21 (same day), with same photo and same payment receipt and documents.
  • Status as of today (Apr 5): Submitted; but "Return reason" is stated as "Incomplete application" and the "View" button is greyed out (cannot be clicked).
So I got an email today from IRCC confirming my application has been received on Feb 21, 2023. So they are using the resubmission date as the receipt date of my application... .

Last edited:

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
So I got an email today from IRCC confirming my application has been received on Feb 21, 2023. So they are using the resubmission date as the receipt date of my application... .
that's bad news, My case is same like yours initially I submitted it online on 31 Jan 2023

25 March 2023 I checked and it was returned (Incomplete App) I checked multiple times I could not find anything missing and then resubmitted it and nothing so far :(

not sure what these idiots are doing

dangga00

May 31, 2013
that's bad news, My case is same like yours initially I submitted it online on 31 Jan 2023

25 March 2023 I checked and it was returned (Incomplete App) I checked multiple times I could not find anything missing and then resubmitted it and nothing so far :(

Thanks for sharing your experience and dates. According to some posters here, we just need to wait and it will sort itself out, assuming our files and photos are accepted.
I hope this will be true for you and me.

Reactions: The Robust

dangga00

May 31, 2013

Update from my end, the "Photos are missing" status is now gone, and status is now "Submitted".
Same day update: GOT MY RENEWED PR CARD IN THE EMAIL TODAY!
  • Status as of Apr 5: Submitted; but "Return reason" is stated as "Incomplete application" and the "View" button is greyed out (cannot be clicked).
  • Status as of Apr 19: the "Photos are missing" status is now gone, and status is now "Submitted". Same day: PR card was received in the mail.

Last edited:

maddie79^

Jun 21, 2023
applied on 04/18/2023, today the message is returned, the photo is missing. I know the photo is ok
Q: I will upload a new photo, and sign the consent BUT DO I HAVE TO UPDATE TO DATE the form? with living addresses, employment up to the date of today?, etc. how did you guys do?
stressed!!!!!!!