+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr card renewal online file returned due to photos are missing

pk312

Jan 16, 2023
applied on 04/18/2023, today the message is returned, the photo is missing. I know the photo is ok
Q: I will upload a new photo, and sign the consent BUT DO I HAVE TO UPDATE TO DATE the form? with living addresses, employment up to the date of today?, etc. how did you guys do?
stressed!!!!!!!
Just upload the photo and sign the consent.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
For submitting the photos through the portal, do you just scan and upload the picture taken by the photographer? It is not clear because instruction say something about taking picture with phone.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For submitting the photos through the portal, do you just scan and upload the picture taken by the photographer? It is not clear because instruction say something about taking picture with phone.
As long as you are certain the the photograph from the photographer meets the IRCC photo specs (which it should if the photographer knew it was for a PR card), send that. I am still amazed that IRCC even had the "take a selfie' language in the instructions since they are sooooo picky about the photos! Beyond crazy for anyone to use their phone, IMHO!

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
As long as you are certain the the photograph from the photographer meets the IRCC photo specs (which it should if the photographer knew it was for a PR card), send that. I am still amazed that IRCC even had the "take a selfie' language in the instructions since they are sooooo picky about the photos! Beyond crazy for anyone to use their phone, IMHO!
Thanks - I am not applying for PR card now but was interested in the question. Even scanning the front and back of a professional photo seems to have issues.

xinxin79_ca

Jun 29, 2023
applied on 04/18/2023, today the message is returned, the photo is missing. I know the photo is ok
Q: I will upload a new photo, and sign the consent BUT DO I HAVE TO UPDATE TO DATE the form? with living addresses, employment up to the date of today?, etc. how did you guys do?
stressed!!!!!!!
I am in the same situation, and very stressed. Did you update the form? Or did you just upload a new photo and sign the consent?

hykim12

Jun 30, 2023
I got so surprised - I just got my new permanent resident card.

Timeline
- I applied for the renewal of PR card online portal on April 14th, 2023.
- On June 20th 2023, It said Return reason: Photos are missing, Incomplete application.
- I re-applied on June 26th, 2023 again with the same receipt and new digital photos.

On June 30th, new PR card got arrived to my house.

Now I am sure that it was system glitch. It got processed.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

Timeline
- On June 20th 2023, It said Return reason: Photos are missing, Incomplete application.
- I re-applied on June 26th, 2023 again with the same receipt and new digital photos.

Congratulations

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Hi, sharing my case for DP. Submitted an online enquiry (case specific) on Mar 30, no response yet.
  • PR card renewal application was originally submitted on Jan 16, 2023.
  • Then on Feb 21, 2023, got the "Photos are missing" status.
  • Resubmitted on Feb 21 (same day), with same photo and same payment receipt and documents.
  • Status as of today (Apr 5): Submitted; but "Return reason" is stated as "Incomplete application" and the "View" button is greyed out (cannot be clicked).
How did you resubmit? I have the same issue for my daughter's PR card renewal application online. I uploaded new pics and resigned the 'Consent and Declaration Form' but the 'Submit you Application' button is greyed out and non-functional. Also re-uploaded supporting documents but no change. The status has however changed for the Conset Form to 'In-progress' so i am unsure if updates just need to be saved at this stage.

jzhang.ca

Jun 5, 2023

Timeline

Maybe you will receive another pr card in early september because of your re-submission. LOL

Rajalshah

Aug 20, 2023
For those who are wondering what to do for
reason : photos are missing
Action button: greyed

the same problem happened with me. But I got my PR card in mail yesterday without taking any action or resubmitting the form. My portal account still shows photos are missing (even after receiving PR card).
So I think it is surely a glitch.
I submitted the application on June 7 and received the card on August 19.

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023

Timeline

I have received an email saying that the photo does not meets specifications and I should reapply with complete application. Do I need to create a new application with all the updated details and make a new payment? I do not see any option to edit/update the existing application online.

Ku17

Aug 23, 2023
For those who are wondering what to do for
reason : photos are missing
Action button: greyed

the same problem happened with me. But I got my PR card in mail yesterday without taking any action or resubmitting the form. My portal account still shows photos are missing (even after receiving PR card).
So I think it is surely a glitch.
I submitted the application on June 7 and received the card on August 19.
I received an email but do not see anything on online portal. It shows application as submitted and return reason as blank. I am now confused.

Rajalshah

Aug 20, 2023
I received an email but do not see anything on online portal. It shows application as submitted and return reason as blank. I am now confused.
I did not receive any email for return. I just received confirmation email when I first submitted the application.If the status shows submitted and return reason is blank then I think you are good. You have to only take an
action if you get an email saying your application is returned .
I hope this helps

kamaal1707

Aug 6, 2021
I did not receive any email for return. I just received confirmation email when I first submitted the application.If the status shows submitted and return reason is blank then I think you are good. You have to only take an
action if you get an email saying your application is returned .
I hope this helps
So I did receive an email saying to resubmit with correct photo specification. So do I need to reapply with new fee.