+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr Card Renewal Etobicoke Office

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Hi Guys

I got a decision made for my PR Card Renewal on IRCC website for myself (it was a family application,still in process for my wife and for my son) and when I call the IRCC line they said that the card is printed and sent to Etobicoke office.Do you guys know if the office is open and calling for the personal pick up? Or are they posting from the local office to my address?Thanks a lot

miq

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Guys

I got a decision made for my PR Card Renewal on IRCC website for myself (it was a family application,still in process for my wife and for my son) and when I call the IRCC line they said that the card is printed and sent to Etobicoke office.Do you guys know if the office is open and calling for the personal pick up? Or are they posting from the local office to my address?Thanks a lot
my renewed pr card was printed and sent to etobicoke office in the month of December 2020. to pickup in person like yours . I am informed that because of covid 19 etobicoke office not doing personal pickup.i have tried all avenues. I have started feeling that perhaps I am a slave.

Reactions: Eady

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
my renewed pr card was printed and sent to etobicoke office in the month of December 2020. to pickup in person like yours . I am informed that because of covid 19 etobicoke office not doing personal pickup.i have tried all avenues. I have started feeling that perhaps I am a slave.
I spoke to CIC agent and they also told me that my PR Card was mailed and shipped to the Etobicoke office on Mar 22. So not sure when they would mail me to come and pick, I am out of the country and waiting for this mail. I had already applied for PRTD which is going to expire next week so I might try to enter Canada via the US on an expired PR Card with the mail they would have sent for the in-person pickup. Hopefully that will let me in.

Dee-one

Mar 4, 2019
I spoke to CIC agent and they also told me that my PR Card was mailed and shipped to the Etobicoke office on Mar 22. So not sure when they would mail me to come and pick, I am out of the country and waiting for this mail. I had already applied for PRTD which is going to expire next week so I might try to enter Canada via the US on an expired PR Card with the mail they would have sent for the in-person pickup. Hopefully that will let me in.
Hi Dreamszalone, I am in the same situation. I applied since November 2020 and on February 12th 2021, it said decision made and it has not changed since. How were you able to call cic since you said you are out of the country? Also can one cross from the US-Canada border since it is closed. Thanks

miq

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Dreamszalone, I am in the same situation. I applied since November 2020 and on February 12th 2021, it said decision made and it has not changed since. How were you able to call cic since you said you are out of the country? Also can one cross from the US-Canada border since it is closed. Thanks
i am writing this because it may help some one. my wife while abroad, her pr expired du ring airports closed suitation in March 2020. when seeked guidance from IRCC , they advised apply for PRTD no body realised that her pr renewal obligation is short of duration. the local ircc office abroad not only rejected her PRTD application but also cancelled her PR card without giving any sympathy to covid suitation they blindly follow rule. she entered in canada via US land border to me (after one year struggle ) under relaxtion of family reunion and now waiting for court hearing. she hired a lawer buy paying heavy fees.

Reactions: YVR123 and Eady

Dee-one

Mar 4, 2019
i am writing this because it may help some one. my wife while abroad, her pr expired du ring airports closed suitation in March 2020. when seeked guidance from IRCC , they advised apply for PRTD no body realised that her pr renewal obligation is short of duration. the local ircc office abroad not only rejected her PRTD application but also cancelled her PR card without giving any sympathy to covid suitation they blindly follow rule. she entered in canada via US land border to me (after one year struggle ) under relaxtion of family reunion and now waiting for court hearing. she hired a lawer buy paying heavy fees.
Hi Miq, thanks for this information. But March 2020 was before the US-Canada border was closed right? Is it still possible to travel with the closed border to non-essentials?

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Thanks a lot for the answer. I hope it you will get an answer soon. Are you inside Canada ?

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Hi Miq,sorry to hear about the situation,we are out of country as well and have not applied for the PRTD since we so not know for how long they will give it for and we did not hear from Etobicoke office yet. But since we can prove that the PR card is printed I hope they wouldn't make any difficulties about giving PRTD.

Mevin23

Mar 24, 2021
Hi Dreamszalone,totally at the same situation,out of the country and waiting for the email.Do you know if there is a chance that they could still post it to my address from Etobicoke office or is it %100 personal pick-up if it arrived to the office?Thanks a lot

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Hi Dreamszalone,totally at the same situation,out of the country and waiting for the email.Do you know if there is a chance that they could still post it to my address from Etobicoke office or is it %100 personal pick-up if it arrived to the office?Thanks a lot
Mevin,

It would be 1000% pickup and it has to be you only to go for pickup. I already had gone through this mess on my last renewal in 2015. But, because of this Covid F Up, they are taking their own sweet time like weeks and months, last time I was called in within 5 weeks of the PR Card going into production. If you are in the US then once you get an email or physical mail delivered to your address asking to come and pick up, cross the border on an expired PR card showing them the letter of pickup saying your residency has been already determined by IRCC because of Covid and lockdown it was difficult which is the fact. That should give Border folks some idea and they could be easy on you.
Again what happens at the border nobody is sure, we just gotta face our fate when we try to cross. Keep us posted if you receive any communication from the local office.

Thanks

svs1234

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, may I ask how you applied for the PRTD? Did you have an approval letter from IRCC requesting you to pick up? My application status shows DM since March 5th, 2021, but no communication thereafter. My lawyers called IRCC, and were told cards have been sent to production and we will need to pick them in person.

Dee-one

Mar 4, 2019
Hi, may I ask how you applied for the PRTD? Did you have an approval letter from IRCC requesting you to pick up? My application status shows DM since March 5th, 2021, but no communication thereafter. My lawyers called IRCC, and were told cards have been sent to production and we will need to pick them in person.
To apply for PRTD you need to go to the VAC in the country you are presently to apply. If it is not opened due to COVID, you can apply online. Here is a link to the form you have to fill and it will tell you what documents to send with it
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-resident-travel-document.html.
For me, I just sent in all the documents I used in applying for my PR renewal and also I filled a webform stating that I need urgent processing. Still waiting on the PRTD though.

Hope this helps!

Eady

Apr 26, 2021
Hello, im in exact situation, lets hope they call us soon.

miq

Oct 1, 2010
Hi Miq,sorry to hear about the situation,we are out of country as well and have not applied for the PRTD since we so not know for how long they will give it for and we did not hear from Etobicoke office yet. But since we can prove that the PR card is printed I hope they wouldn't make any difficulties about giving PRTD.
I even found my printed pr card number in my GCMS NOTES. PR card is in etobicoke office waiting in person delivery. about 6 months have passed . now I am thinking to travel without pr card. because covid suitation not improving similar suitation is with my citizenship application waiting in mississauga office since last one year. now I have started loosing hope and planning to go back home . IRCC has no mercy.