+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kash123 said:
guys, two questions

- I have auto forwarding Canada post to another address .. will PR card auto fwd to the new address
- how long is it taking from case approved to actually printing and receiving the card

thanks in advance
Your question is for renewal or first PR?

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Hi everyone
This is my ecas so far
We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 29, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 12, 2016....

I'm woundering how long it took you guys to see the next update, for example if the next one said feb19 would that actually show up on the 19th or is there a delay?

Thanks !

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I applied for PR card renewal in January 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in March 2015.

In April 2015, I received a letter from CIC Hamilton Office for additional documents, which I provided them in May 2015.

After that I kept on calling CIC helpline almost every month. Every time they replied additional documents have been received by them and my application is still in processing.

From January 2016, I have been calling them every week to check the status of my application and their reply was same.

Today, CIC Ottawa sent me an email stating that as per their information I am not in Canada and I should apply for PRTD in visa office of the country where I located. They’ve given me one month’s time to provide them with proof of PRTD. Otherwise, they will abandon my application.

I again called CIC call center today. The agent said she cannot help me as the call center agents can only access information that is available on CIC system.

I cannot apply PRTD as I am in Canada and have completed more than 900 days here. I have emailed them my job offer letter, salary slips and latest T4 slips.

Please advise me what else I can do.

I’ll appreciate your help.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
b2c said:
Hi Friends,

I applied for PR card renewal in January 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in March 2015.

In April 2015, I received a letter from CIC Hamilton Office for additional documents, which I provided them in May 2015.

After that I kept on calling CIC helpline almost every month. Every time they replied additional documents have been received by them and my application is still in processing.

From January 2016, I have been calling them every week to check the status of my application and their reply was same.

Today, CIC Ottawa sent me an email stating that as per their information I am not in Canada and I should apply for PRTD in visa office of the country where I located. They’ve given me one month’s time to provide them with proof of PRTD. Otherwise, they will abandon my application.

I again called CIC call center today. The agent said she cannot help me as the call center agents can only access information that is available on CIC system.

I cannot apply PRTD as I am in Canada and have completed more than 900 days here. I have emailed them my job offer letter, salary slips and latest T4 slips.

Please advise me what else I can do.

I’ll appreciate your help.
Your case is a good example of so called well organized CIC. If they cant find physical status of a person who is living in Canada then how they can verify a person who is applying from overseas?

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heeradeepak said:
Your case is a good example of so called well organized CIC. If they cant find physical status of a person who is living in Canada then how they can verify a person who is applying from overseas?
I am not sure what else I can do coz I have just 30 days time.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
b2c said:
Hi b2c

If you are interested pl join with us for Secondary Review Petition, pl check this topic

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
b2c said:
How about making a visit to CIC office in your city, with that letter and with your IDs.

Alternatively you can probably visit a notary with your IDs and obtain their statement that they seen you and your IDs, and send this statement over to CIC.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
barabashka said:
How about making a visit to CIC office in your city, with that letter and with your IDs.

Alternatively you can probably visit a notary with your IDs and obtain their statement that they seen you and your IDs, and send this statement over to CIC.
Simple words CIC agents are enjoying their job to make our life difficult. Very soon they will ask us to prove that we were alive when signed the application.

kash123

Feb 18, 2016
heeradeepak
Star Member

Ratings: +0

Re: PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: kash123 on February 18, 2016, 08:18:25 am
guys, two questions

- I have auto forwarding Canada post to another address .. will PR card auto fwd to the new address
- how long is it taking from case approved to actually printing and receiving the card

thanks in advance

====================

This is for Renewal .... and has been approved

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
kash123 said:
heeradeepak
Star Member

Ratings: +0

Re: PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline
« Reply #300 on: February 19, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: kash123 on February 18, 2016, 08:18:25 am
guys, two questions

thanks in advance

====================

Congratulations

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
My dad's file was sent for a secondary review. Not sure how long will it take! Let's stay in touch for secondary review applications and other delays in PR renewal.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
JJS said:
My dad's file was sent for a secondary review. Not sure how long will it take! Let's stay in touch for secondary review applications and other delays in PR renewal.
when did he applied and how many days in Canada?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi JJS

Can you please post your concern on the thread "Secondary Review Petition", we are planning for Petition, if you are interested please follow this link to share:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

Thanks

Jerry Zhang

Feb 23, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Anybody passed through Secondary Review and sent Ticket/Payment details and it had been processed....

Can we take that chance in emergency ?

Thanks
Was thrown into 2nd review bucket in Sep 2015.

Tried the urgent form in Nov 2015, and was told that they did not handle urgent case during Nov and Dec. I had to changed my plane tickets.

Submitted again urgent form with ticket and payment by the end of Jan 2016, got an robot email said that my request was received and nothing happened until now.

kash123

Feb 18, 2016
guys, two questions

thanks in advance

====================

Can someone pl answer the two question above .. Thank you ..