+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 14, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 15, 2015.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 25, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Finally I got approved. I sent my first application Sep 15th 2015. But I still not get my card, I dont know how long it will take?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
It seems like they are working hard to reduce the processing times. I see a lot of people receiving their PR cards recently. I am waiting for my Parent's card which were sent on 15th Sep'15. Hopefully if it keeps on going the way it is, should be a month or so from now.

Any other September applicant here?

Erinosaurus

Feb 4, 2016
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a time line for a recent Urgent Processing request that my boyfriend submitted:

Original renewal application sent: Aug 2015
2nd renewal application sent (marked as URGENT): Jan 23, 2016 (included proof of payment for return travel beginning March 22, 2016 as well as new pictures according to the new specs)
Application received: Jan 28, 2016
Began processing: Jan 29, 2016
Decision made: Jan 29, 2016
Card received: Feb 3, 2016

I was shocked at how fast this was with the urgent processing!

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erinosaurus said:
Hi all,

Thought I'd share a time line for a recent Urgent Processing request that my boyfriend submitted:

Original renewal application sent: Aug 2015
2nd renewal application sent (marked as URGENT): Jan 23, 2016 (included proof of payment for return travel beginning March 22, 2016 as well as new pictures according to the new specs)
Application received: Jan 28, 2016
Began processing: Jan 29, 2016
Decision made: Jan 29, 2016
Card received: Feb 3, 2016

I was shocked at how fast this was with the urgent processing!
Wow!!! Congrats! :D

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Anybody can please advise...what's further course of action ?

Applied in March 2015, sent for secondary review and sent all the documents in August 2015...still no status change, on e-cas it says we send letter in April 2015, there is no update for documents sent in August on e-cas, when calling CIC they are giving standard answer of secondary review.....don't know what to do...

Online status says they are processing Sept 2015 applications.....anyone who are waiting since long...

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Anybody can please advise...what's further course of action ?

Applied in March 2015, sent for secondary review and sent all the documents in August 2015...still no status change, on e-cas it says we send letter in April 2015, there is no update for documents sent in August on e-cas, when calling CIC they are giving standard answer of secondary review.....don't know what to do...

Online status says they are processing Sept 2015 applications.....anyone who are waiting since long...
Applications in Secondary review can take a while. If you are no rush than I would say just sit back and relax. If you plan to travel and your case was pretty straightforward, I would recommend requesting urgent processing. A friend was in the exact same situation, and ended up requesting urgent processing which was approved.

Hope this helps!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
JJS said:
Applications in Secondary review can take a while. If you are no rush than I would say just sit back and relax. If you plan to travel and your case was pretty straightforward, I would recommend requesting urgent processing. A friend was in the exact same situation, and ended up requesting urgent processing which was approved.

Hope this helps!
Thanks JJS, stayed here since 2012, having own home and doing same job for last 3 years, sent all the documents i.e Bank / CC Statement, lease, mortgage, Tax documents...let's wait..

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Thanks JJS, stayed here since 2012, having own home and doing same job for last 3 years, sent all the documents i.e Bank / CC Statement, lease, mortgage, Tax documents...let's wait..
AJK we are so many in same boat and call center agents have only one answer that secondary review have no timeline.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
AJK we are so many in same boat and call center agents have only one answer that secondary review have no timeline.
Hi

Y'day CIC web showing September 2015 processing and 170 days.....while today this is situation....don't know who is managing web..

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

180 days ?

Does not include document mailing time (up to six weeks).

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on August 24, 2015

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Y'day CIC web showing September 2015 processing and 170 days.....while today this is situation....don't know who is managing web..

Permanent Resident cards

Renewing or replacing a PR card

180 days ?

Does not include document mailing time (up to six weeks).

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on August 24, 2015
looks like technical issue yesterday last update was 4 Feb and 170 days but today showing previous information last update: January 27, 2016

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
heeradeepak said:
looks like technical issue yesterday last update was 4 Feb and 170 days but today showing previous information last update: January 27, 2016
It seems to be screwed up. It is showing 170 days and last update on Feb 1st right now.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

Anybody passed through Secondary Review and sent Ticket/Payment details and it had been processed....

Can we take that chance in emergency ?

Thanks