+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Anybody passed through Secondary Review and sent Ticket/Payment details and it had been processed....

Can we take that chance in emergency ?

Thanks
If your passport doesn't have gulf stamps and physical presence days are above 730 then urgent request may does work.

ghayyas

Feb 9, 2016
I arrived back in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and applied for urgent renewal of PR card which is going to expire on 8th March, 2016. I attached copy of my return air ticket showing that I was flying out of Canada on 19th feb 2016. My application was received on 14th jan 2016 and its processing started the same day.

The online status still says 'in process'. So I called CIC today to know the status of my application. The call centre agent told me that the application was not being treated as urgent since I had not submitted a ticket showing my 'return' to Canada. Now, I dont understand what she meant. As per my ticket, I arrived in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and I am to leave Canada on 19th feb. Why should I buy another ticket for a return to Canada. What does it have to do with my urgent application. Is she right or wrong.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
heeradeepak said:
If your passport doesn't have gulf stamps and physical presence days are above 730 then urgent request may does work.
Hi Heeradeepak

I don't have any Gulf Stamp, only USA & India visits and more 850+ days physical presence

You all are right and we should find some concrete solution for resolution of this issue else....we will be Refugees in few years and Refugees will be Citizens...

frankma

Jan 11, 2016
ghayyas said:
I arrived back in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and applied for urgent renewal of PR card which is going to expire on 8th March, 2016. I attached copy of my return air ticket showing that I was flying out of Canada on 19th feb 2016. My application was received on 14th jan 2016 and its processing started the same day.

The online status still says 'in process'. So I called CIC today to know the status of my application. The call centre agent told me that the application was not being treated as urgent since I had not submitted a ticket showing my 'return' to Canada. Now, I dont understand what she meant. As per my ticket, I arrived in Canada on 11th jan 2016 and I am to leave Canada on 19th feb. Why should I buy another ticket for a return to Canada. What does it have to do with my urgent application. Is she right or wrong.
The logic of CIC is straightforward: you do not need a PR Card to leave the country but definitely need one when returning. The rule is simple and interpretation is to check the returning ticket only.

ghayyas

Feb 9, 2016
frankma said:
The logic of CIC is straightforward: you do not need a PR Card to leave the country but definitely need one when returning. The rule is simple and interpretation is to check the returning ticket only.
OK. I did not know this rule. But I do intend to return next year. If CIC had issued me the PR card now, I would have used it then. I still think this rule is not very fair.

mat.d

Feb 10, 2016
I am JUST stepping out of the CIC office for my 1st PR card and the officer mentioned to me:

"6 to 8 weeks for your first card, I think it is around 6 months now for renewal"

Not sure what that is worth, but thought it might help.

Good luck!
M.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
mat.d said:
I am JUST stepping out of the CIC office for my 1st PR card and the officer mentioned to me:

"6 to 8 weeks for your first card, I think it is around 6 months now for renewal"

Not sure what that is worth, but thought it might help.

Good luck!
M.
First PR card 80-90 days but for PR renewal 6 months- God knows?

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
blueboy said:
Did you get this letter? What was it about?
Hi Blueboy, below is the content of the letter, or rather, email. Fyi, I never received any other letter or email after this:

PROCESSING DELAY

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. Your file has now been referred for a secondary review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file.

I sent them a 2nd follow up email this week. Below is their reply which I received yesterday:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process.

If further information is needed, the responsible office will contact you.
Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or the online Help Centre for more information. You can search by typing keywords.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone in the same boat as I am? 10 months & counting!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
mom2karl said:
Hi Blueboy, below is the content of the letter, or rather, email. Fyi, I never received any other letter or email after this:

PROCESSING DELAY

This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. Your file has now been referred for a secondary review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file.

I sent them a 2nd follow up email this week. Below is their reply which I received yesterday:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is in process.

If further information is needed, the responsible office will contact you.
Please visit our website to see how long it may take to process your application or the online Help Centre for more information. You can search by typing keywords.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone in the same boat as I am? 10 months & counting!
All applicants with secondary review received same letter most of applicants doesn't receive any additional documents request .

kelsey199200

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
ghayyas said:
OK. I did not know this rule. But I do intend to return next year. If CIC had issued me the PR card now, I would have used it then. I still think this rule is not very fair.
You do not need a PR card to leave Canada. Since you only have a ticket to leave Canada why would they rush it? You have to show them you plan to re enter Canada at some point for them to see it as urgent

brent16

Feb 17, 2016
Re: PR Card Renewal - 2016 - Timeline

hi guys,

My PR card expired last month and I submitted my documents needed for renewal last november 06, 2016. there's still no news on ecas that they recieved my renewal documents. Is there anybody with the same status like me who hasn't heard from them yet?

QAZ123

Nov 24, 2012
Re: PR Card Renewal - 2016 - Timeline

brent16 said:
hi guys,

My PR card expired last month and I submitted my documents needed for renewal last november 06, 2016. there's still no news on ecas that they recieved my renewal documents. Is there anybody with the same status like me who hasn't heard from them yet?

I have sent mine in the same and I have not heard anything so far. Don't worry... I am sure we will be fine

Canuckshaw

Feb 17, 2016
From the Government of Canada immigration and citizenship website today, February 17, 2016:

Check application processing times.

Permanent Resident cards.

Renewing or replacing a PR card

171 days

If you require your PR card urgently, follow these instructions.

Working on applications received on September 16, 2015.

kash123

Feb 18, 2016
guys, two questions

- I have auto forwarding Canada post to another address .. will PR card auto fwd to the new address
- how long is it taking from case approved to actually printing and receiving the card

thanks in advance