+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card production issues discussion

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Same status, still in progress.
Did you talk to IRCC recently? what do they say on this issue?
I wasn’t able to get to an agent although I tried numerous times last week. I contacted my MP to see if they can help. MP’s office has responded and they have initiated an inquiry with ircc but don’t know how long that will take and whether it would be helpful or not. Just a frustrating experience.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I wasn’t able to get to an agent although I tried numerous times last week. I contacted my MP to see if they can help. MP’s office has responded and they have initiated an inquiry with ircc but don’t know how long that will take and whether it would be helpful or not. Just a frustrating experience.
Any update? Any update for anyone else on here?

vabishek17

Mar 24, 2017
My wife and I had applied for PR card renewal through the online portal on August 1. Our applications have in limbo since then until we got an update today. We had called IRCC multiple times and were told they were having production issues. The agent we last spoke to (end of Oct) had put notes in our files requesting an update on our cases. My wife got an email yesterday saying her photos need to resubmitted. I didn't get such email, so I called them today. The agent said I need to resubmit the photos as well (poor quality). I am waiting to receive the official email so that I can send the photos along with the official request. We were also told that our applications will now go back in queue and they are currently processing resubmitted photos from last week of June. Going to be a long wait.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
I was able to get a hold of an agent after several attempts in the last 2 weeks and am told that everything is moving along smoothly and to apply for PRTD if I need to travel. It can be done from within Canada now apparently ... sigh

A month ago it was production error. When I asked about that the agent said right now I can see its in the production phases, but where she isnt sure. Would not even say if the application is approved. Not sure what to make of this...

• Sad
Reactions: flower90

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
I was able to get a hold of an agent after several attempts in the last 2 weeks and am told that everything is moving along smoothly and to apply for PRTD if I need to travel. It can be done from within Canada now apparently ... sigh

A month ago it was production error. When I asked about that the agent said right now I can see its in the production phases, but where she isnt sure. Would not even say if the application is approved. Not sure what to make of this...
I contacted my MP and MP’s office contacted ircc. They basically told MPs office the same thing that they tell over phone. They told about a printing issue and agent put a note. They told MP to wait two weeks and contact again. I dont know if this cycle is going to end anytime soon.
And this is getting ridiculous now. Telling people to apply for PRTD is just massive waste of time and money. It simply means you do almost the same application for PRTD again, like PR card, then someone at ircc will work on it using resources for the same thing. Why not just print the dame card and send it to applicant. Atleast print and send the already approved cards.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Tried calling IRCC today, but call wasn't put into queue due to high number of calls...
Same status, no change.
Same here. I reached out to my local MP. Don't know if it will help but a rep. from his office sent me a consent form which I signed an sent to him. Someone in my neighborhood had an issue with passport renewal and dealt with delays and apparently the MP helped with getting accurate information and speeding things up. I'm hopeful but no where near confident if this will help or not.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Same here. I reached out to my local MP. Don't know if it will help but a rep. from his office sent me a consent form which I signed an sent to him. Someone in my neighborhood had an issue with passport renewal and dealt with delays and apparently the MP helped with getting accurate information and speeding things up. I'm hopeful but no where near confident if this will help or not.
I dont think MP office help a lot. I contacted them for my renewal. They contacted ircc and was told the same information that I was getting from customer service agent. MPs office told me to wait 2 weeks and contact them again if no updates comes through.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I dont think MP office help a lot. I contacted them for my renewal. They contacted ircc and was told the same information that I was getting from customer service agent. MPs office told me to wait 2 weeks and contact them again if no updates comes through.
Finally some movement on my application after almost 6 months, I received email to submit new photos. Let's see how many more months it may take for them to open envelope and process new photos, because so far they are opening resubmitted photos envelopes they received in July.
BTW I submitted webform expressing my frustration on all this delay. I believe that worked. But it was my right too because my PR Card renewal application was pending for almost 6 months now.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Finally some movement on my application after almost 6 months, I received email to submit new photos. Let's see how many more months it may take for them to open envelope and process new photos, because so far they are opening resubmitted photos envelopes they received in July.
BTW I submitted webform expressing my frustration on all this delay. I believe that worked. But it was my right too because my PR Card renewal application was pending for almost 6 months now.
This is a total fiasco. I mean 6 months to tell people that photos are an issue.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Can you just withdraw and submit a completely new application? I guess new applications are getting processed faster now.