+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card production issues discussion

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Hi all, I wanted to start this thread to keep track of the people waiting for PR cards but have encountered production issues and are now in limbo. Please share your timelines, what steps did you take to help resolve this so that we can know what to do.

Type: First PR Card
Applied: August 12th
Status: Production issue 13th october. Told to call back 24th November for sending message to production team.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, I wanted to start this thread to keep track of the people waiting for PR cards but have encountered production issues and are now in limbo. Please share your timelines, what steps did you take to help resolve this so that we can know what to do.

Status: Production issue 13th october. Told to call back 24th November for sending message to production team.

Most haven’t received PR card in 2 months to begin with. Is the issue with your photos or actual production line stopped?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Lot of applications are stuck at printing after getting decision made in the ecas for weeks now. This is really pathetic. Just print the damn cards. How hard it is.

Reactions: asvguy

asvguy

Apr 26, 2022
Most haven’t received PR card in 2 months to begin with. Is the issue with your photos or actual production line stopped?
Nope, photos are fine and everything. I know 2 of my friends who received their cards as per the estimated time on the portal. It does look like quite a few have issues, but i want to track the timelines and for those who've had the same and have come out on the other side.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Nope, photos are fine and everything. I know 2 of my friends who received their cards as per the estimated time on the portal. It does look like quite a few have issues, but i want to track the timelines and for those who've had the same and have come out on the other side.
Here is my timeline:
PR Card renewal application sent through PR Portal: June 22
AOR: July 20
Complete silence after July 20

Sent them three webforms, but they have a template reply that they send to everyone, so sending webform is useless. I tried calling them for 2 months, my call never got transferred to agent, every time auto-answering machine said that there are many people calling, and they cannot transfer my call. Finally, after two months, last week when I tried calling them, they transfer my call to agent, and they said same printing production issues. Since my application is 4 months old, they already sent a follow up to Printing Production dept, but surprisingly IRCC agent told me that response to this follow-up may take several weeks.
Every day I ask myself am I really in Canada? They can't fix printing issue in months???

Reactions: flower90

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Here is my timeline:

Sent them three webforms, but they have a template reply that they send to everyone, so sending webform is useless. I tried calling them for 2 months, my call never got transferred to agent, every time auto-answering machine said that there are many people calling, and they cannot transfer my call. Finally, after two months, last week when I tried calling them, they transfer my call to agent, and they said same printing production issues. Since my application is 4 months old, they already sent a follow up to Printing Production dept, but surprisingly IRCC agent told me that response to this follow-up may take several weeks.
Every day I ask myself am I really in Canada? They can't fix printing issue in months???
Try inquiring through your MP's office. Note though that it doesn't seem - from your timeline above - that there's that significant a delay. Guidelines even for new PRs - no decision on the renewal required at all - were about 100 days last I checked.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Try inquiring through your MP's office. Note though that it doesn't seem - from your timeline above - that there's that significant a delay. Guidelines even for new PRs - no decision on the renewal required at all - were about 100 days last I checked.
There isn't significant delay?? It's been 125 days that my PR Card renewal application is in process. My application was forwarded on August 12 to production/printing facility, application is there in printing facility for more than 70 days.

Last edited:

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
When will they realize that delays have actual effect on someone’s life. People can’t travel, book return tickets as prtd process is not predictable either. And why would someone spend more money for prtd again for some incompetent printing staff’s failure.

Reactions: flower90

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There isn't significant delay?? It's been 125 days that my PR Card renewal application is in process. My application was forwarded on August 12 to production/printing facility, application is there in printing facility for more than 70 days.
By IRCC standards, no, 25 days or so more than the guideline (although I'm not sure what the guideline is for renewal) is not that significant a delay. By all means complain and ask your MP to inquire, but I'm just saying that their idea of 'significant delay' can be quite different from yours.

kum123

May 13, 2021

Hello,
After you applied for PR card through mail, did you receive AOR through mail ? Please can you share your timeline ? I applied for PR card through mail and see from tracking that application was received on Sep 6th. No AOR still.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Any updates on your renewal?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Did anyone on this thread in the same situation saw any update in their application status?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
No dear :( I'm not hopeless but losing trust in the system. It's over 1 month there no response of ATIP request.
I also applied for atip in mid September, no updates on that till today. The agent told my renewal is approved but they ran into some printing issue. This is so frustrating.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here is my timeline:

It’s not a simple printing process. There is technology involved in the process. Agree that it should be fixed faster but not a PR card is not a basic printing job. In terms of follow-up time. IRCC probably get 20-50k people trying to call a day and huge volumes of emails. If people would stick to one email and wait then you would probably get a response much faster but many send multiple emails sometimes daily emails and emails to any email available so it creates extra delays. In terms of GCMS notes people likely order more of them due to delays and some of the workforce processing the GCMS requests may have been transferred to processing actual applications. Many also apply for GCMS monthly or apply before they have even received AOR because it’s available instead of ordering when your application is not being processed at a similar pace than everyone else or to get more information when an application has been denied. The government must be nuts to increase immigration rates when they can’t handle current rates!

Reactions: paneka penalty