+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card production issues discussion

nesog

Nov 2, 2022
Hi all, I have moved to Canada on August 9th with husband. My husband received his PR Card 2 months after we have landed, but I have received a mail about my photo was not accepted. I have sent a new photo, it was received on October 6th. Today I talked with IRCC they said they opened the envelopes for June 23. They recommended PRTD but I don't have any information how long it would be process after landing my country. Does anyone have the same experience?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
It’s not a simple printing process. There is technology involved in the process. Agree that it should be fixed faster but not a PR card is not a basic printing job. In terms of follow-up time. IRCC probably get 20-50k people trying to call a day and huge volumes of emails. If people would stick to one email and wait then you would probably get a response much faster but many send multiple emails sometimes daily emails and emails to any email available so it creates extra delays. In terms of GCMS notes people likely order more of them due to delays and some of the workforce processing the GCMS requests may have been transferred to processing actual applications. Many also apply for GCMS monthly or apply before they have even received AOR because it’s available instead of ordering when your application is not being processed at a similar pace than everyone else or to get more information when an application has been denied. The government must be nuts to increase immigration rates when they can’t handle current rates!
Are you implying that applicants are the problem for asking about their applications and not the mismanaged government department, who is not doing their job and processing applications in a timely manner?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are you implying that applicants are the problem for asking about their applications and not the mismanaged government department, who is not doing their job and processing applications in a timely manner?
Well put.

But it's not just applications: the thing is, they've gotten worse at providing basic information, or even handling basic information in a minimally responsive manner. IRCC seems incapable of even cominbg up with a system to allow applicants to update their address with IRCC in a reliable way. They now have sometning like three different 'info' portals for applicants, which provide contradictory, unclear and mostly out of date information.

So applicants do what they need to do: they order gcms notes, they contact their mps, they contact the press, they write to ministers, etc.

And yes, these things get overwhelmed - the gcms system was not designed to handle the volume. But some time ago it became about the only way to get real information, and it got overloaded.

Now, of course there are some who overdo it, by calling too frequently or ordering gcms notes every week, or whatever. But these are rarities, most are just ordering or contacting MPs when they don't have any other choice, and mostly not abusing. It should not overload the system for each applicant (for example) to order gcms notes twice during a one year long process. (Reality is that very few even do that)

And to remind: access to info under the privacy act is a right provided for by law, with specific timeframes for acceptable service. Contacting your elected representative is a right - a fundamental right.

And remonstrations to applicants to not be so picky about asking for information are just fatuous.

sparkles_

Jun 26, 2020
no updates unfortunately. my partner has been stuck on the following since September 21, sigh. anyone know if the declaration and photo needs to say accepted? do we also get an email that the PR card has gone into production once that happens?

- In Canada declaration: Submitted
- Mailing address: Accepted
- Photo: In Review with IRCC

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Does anyone know what can be done to get the PR card stuck in printing? Should I contact MP? Do they help in such cases? I have international travel coming up next month. Its already been close to 4 months since I sent in my application for renewal. I wasn’t expecting it to take 5-6 months for renewal. This is beyond frustrating. I know there is a option to apply prtd but the time to get prtd is not clear either. I can take 2-3 months as well whereas my whole trip is 8 days long. And prtd will just increase IRCC’s workload more unnecessarily.
Anyone have any suggestions to speed up the renewal.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know what can be done to get the PR card stuck in printing? Should I contact MP? Do they help in such cases? I have international travel coming up next month. Its already been close to 4 months since I sent in my application for renewal. I wasn’t expecting it to take 5-6 months for renewal. This is beyond frustrating. I know there is a option to apply prtd but the time to get prtd is not clear either. I can take 2-3 months as well whereas my whole trip is 8 days long. And prtd will just increase IRCC’s workload more unnecessarily.
Anyone have any suggestions to speed up the renewal.
Sure, try your MP. Not a guarantee it will work but it could.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Seems like a lot of folks are stuck with this production error thing. I sent my application in early July and its been Submitted Since early Sep. ECAS says Decision made but nothing else. Kindah frustrating as I might have to cancel travel plans for Dec. :(

• Sad
Reactions: Sanjar718

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hello,
After you applied for PR card through mail, did you receive AOR through mail ? Please can you share your timeline ? I applied for PR card through mail and see from tracking that application was received on Sep 6th. No AOR still.
For me they took 2 months since the application received to send AOR.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
No update on my PRC application too.
I'm out of country, can someone please call IRCC to check if they are awake or still sleeping?
I had called last week and the agent said she put a flag on my file and she sent me an email where I could request urgent processing (same webform).
I have low hopes. I was told I should have had my card by now..but oh production error.