+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

sarcor

Feb 18, 2015
It is way out of norm. It must be very frustrating for you. See if you can contact your local MP’s office to follow it up. Sending another application is going to take another 3 months at least unless its urgent.
Great idea about contacting my MP. I'll do that today. Thanks for answering!

sarcor

Feb 18, 2015
I'm on the same boat. Applied in June 2020 and so far no answer. It's still as "Submitted". I send webforms every week. Same response about delays
I'm going to contact my local MP as mindHacker suggested. I'll post on here if I get any traction. There is also a helpful comment about a rule and timeframe that I'm going to look int.

damd

Nov 6, 2013
I'm going to contact my local MP as mindHacker suggested. I'll post on here if I get any traction. There is also a helpful comment about a rule and timeframe that I'm going to look int.
I contacted mine. I have not received any answer either . 9 months is just way too much

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Got my PR card today guys. All the best to the rest of us. I forgot to write my name behind my passport photos so I was worried it will be returned but fortunately it was not.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on February 24, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 9, 2021.

Reactions: chs and EUK

luke22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Got my PR card today guys. All the best to the rest of us. I forgot to write my name behind my passport photos so I was worried it will be returned but fortunately it was not.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 24, 2021.
That's so fast. I really hope they did speed it up as in the cic page it says 86 days. Mine arrived there yesterday, hope I get new one by June as have to travel. :eek:

roodrap

Jul 28, 2016
Urgent processing - my card feb 12 application recieved AOR. Card mailed -24 feb. Card recieved -march 12
My wife and son card still in processing AOR 12 feb. Their card did not qualify for urgent processing.

Good luck every one.

mah.abde

Sep 14, 2020
I'm on the same boat. Applied in June 2020 and so far no answer. It's still as "Submitted". I send webforms every week. Same response about delays
Hi,

I am in the same boat.

I've applied for my second renewal on June 11t, 2020.
Got AOR on September 17th

I've called and sent many web-forms, and they told me that my application was approved in September! Yet, they told me that my card was randomly selected for in-person pick-up from the Montreal office which apparently is closed. In December I got a request for new photos to be sent, and in my last call, they told me that my card is in the queue for production since February 22nd. So now I am just waiting....

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
Hi,

I am in the same boat.

I've applied for my second renewal on June 11t, 2020.
Got AOR on September 17th

I've called and sent many web-forms, and they told me that my application was approved in September! Yet, they told me that my card was randomly selected for in-person pick-up from the Montreal office which apparently is closed. In December I got a request for new photos to be sent, and in my last call, they told me that my card is in the queue for production since February 22nd. So now I am just waiting....

They are giving me same, as well Card is in the queue for production for over a month.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

How long it usually takes for PR card to be shipped after Ecas status shows decision is made.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Man, I'm really unlucky - I'm about 2 weeks earlier than you and have only gotten "Decision Made" as of two weeks ago with no further news.. :/

That said, congratulations; getting any updates is so frustratingly slow.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
We have the same situation :( I forgot to include a copy of it since it was not on the checklist!! Did you do anything?
Nope. There are folks in the forum whose application went through without including the copy of PR card. It does not look like a super mandatory thing.

Reactions: Kristina04

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is a timeline for our (wife and myself) "renewal" of PR Cards.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 15, 2021.
We are now waiting for the cards. Will keep you all posted, when we receive them.