+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
@keshav R thank you for your update! Do you remember if you included copy of your current pr card into your application? Document checklist doesn't include it but instructions mention it. I've just sent my application package last week and didn't include it since it is not mentioned in document checklist now afraid they will reject it because of that :( Don't know what to do. What about others, did you add copy of your pr card to application?
Yes, copy of your passport and PR card must be included

luke22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
@faty82 Do you know what to do in case I didn't include copy if pr card? Should I send new application now or wait for them to contact me? Since processing times are too long, I don't want to wait 90 days for them to process it, then be rejected and be put to the end of the line again and wait another 90 days

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
@faty82 Do you know what to do in case I didn't include copy if pr card? Should I send new application now or wait for them to contact me? Since processing times are too long, I don't want to wait 90 days for them to process it, then be rejected and be put to the end of the line again and wait another 90 days
well, all I know is that you can't do anything at this point, shall wait for them to contact you, or maybe even they do not reject your application, in the best case! But sending more documents at this time is normally not the way they work. Again you can call them, and make sure, maybe you can use their webform if they instruct you to.

luke22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
well, all I know is that you can't do anything at this point, shall wait for them to contact you, or maybe even they do not reject your application, in the best case! But sending more documents at this time is normally not the way they work. Again you can call them, and make sure, maybe you can use their webform if they instruct you to.
Thank you for your reply. My idea was to send another application today(another one just arrived there by mail) but worried that it might cause confusion with having 2 pr card processing application in the same time

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Nice. Nova Scotia to Montreal. Next stop Toronto!
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 2, 2021.
Just got the card in the mail. Location: Windsor.

El73

Oct 22, 2019
Status changed in ECAS to complete.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 26, 2020
4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 5, 2020
Almost 4 months,did you have anything exceptional in you case,my application also stuck in decision made I sent it November 30th

El73

Oct 22, 2019
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 5, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2021.
Almost 4 months,did you have anything exceptional in your case,my application also stuck on decision made since February 26

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Almost 4 months,did you have anything exceptional in your case,my application also stuck on decision made since February 26
I think it's random. Mine was stuck in Decision Made since around Feb 7th. Until it was mailed on March 2nd.

People who applied after me got their cards way before me, so I think it's all random.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's random. Mine was stuck in Decision Made since around Feb 7th. Until it was mailed on March 2nd.

People who applied after me got their cards way before me, so I think it's all random.
Once you get a decision made status then its a matter of printing the card.

luke22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Do we need to include only copy of main passport page into application or copy of all pages and stamps?

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
@keshav R thank you for your update! Do you remember if you included copy of your current pr card into your application? Document checklist doesn't include it but instructions mention it. I've just sent my application package last week and didn't include it since it is not mentioned in document checklist now afraid they will reject it because of that :( Don't know what to do. What about others, did you add copy of your pr card to application?
I am sorry I did not see we have to send a copy of PR card in instruction guide or checklist . Can you please point me to the section where you saw that you have to send a copy of PR card ?

luke22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
I am sorry I did not see we have to send a copy of PR card in instruction guide or checklist . Can you please point me to the section where you saw that you have to send a copy of PR card ?

It is in this document https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html under
Step 1: Gather documents
What documents do I need?

I stopped my application and sending another one tomorrow.

Dreamszalone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2013
My Decision was made around Feb 8 and been waiting since then no update nothing, called CIC all they say is wait...
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 4, 2020.

Dec 17, 2020
Do we need to include only copy of main passport page into application or copy of all pages and stamps?
Send Color Photocopies of ALL pages of your passport (including blank pages..yes, blank pages as well)..In many cases they come back asking for it (thus delaying the application process by couple of months)..If you want to avoid that, follow the aforesaid advise...