+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Below is a timeline for our (wife and myself) "renewal" of PR Cards.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 15, 2021.
We are now waiting for the cards. Will keep you all posted, when we receive them.
Mine was posted yesterday; I'll be watching your thread carefully! ;-)

Amitkumar35

Feb 24, 2021
How we can track first PR card? I have sent photos and COPR March 15 they received on March 16,2021. Now I don’t know how to track! Please let me know if anyone with similar experience before. Thank you.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Submitted both husband + wife application on 18-January.

Husband status is as following (still in process):
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 18, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on March 5, 2021
Wife status is as following (application approved+card mailed):
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2021.
Anyone else in the same boat? Why one is still in process? And no AOR?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Submitted both husband + wife application on 18-January.

Husband status is as following (still in process):
  2. We started processing your application on March 5, 2021
Wife status is as following (application approved+card mailed):
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2021.
Anyone else in the same boat? Why one is still in process? And no AOR?
Looks like they're not processing them as a bundle, but individually. Obviously, have no visibility into that, but seems to be the case.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Could you please tell which office you sent your photo and COPR? Thanks
I don't think anyone really has a choice - it's always the Sydney, Nova Scotia office, no? Keep in mind that my application was for a PR card renewal, not for the initial card.

Reactions: MS2017

sraj07

May 26, 2015
My application timeline is same as yours, The last update is
We started processing your application on March 14, 2021 + Decision Made status ..
Silence after that .. but i see one or two in the forum got mailed their cards . but not in my case yet

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
My application timeline is same as yours, The last update is
We started processing your application on March 14, 2021 + Decision Made status ..
Silence after that .. but i see one or two in the forum got mailed their cards . but not in my case yet
You should get an update on card mailed sometime this week.

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I am really desperate... this is my timeline...

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 15, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 21, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Although they said they sent me correspondence on October 15 and 21, I never got it in my mail until November 10. I sent the documentation they asked (old passports) and more within a week. No news after that.

I don't really know what to do. I've been waiting 9 months already. Should I withdraw this application and send another one?

I call them every week and they don't tell me anything new... "Keep waiting" is all they say.