+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

damd

Nov 6, 2013
I am really desperate... this is my timeline...

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 24, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on September 29, 2020.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 15, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October 21, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Although they said they sent me correspondence on October 15 and 21, I never got it in my mail until November 10. I sent the documentation they asked (old passports) and more within a week. No news after that.

I don't really know what to do. I've been waiting 9 months already. Should I withdraw this application and send another one?

I call them every week and they don't tell me anything new... "Keep waiting" is all they say.
I've been waiting since June 9th 2020. My status is "Submitted" and I have not received any answer from them. I have called million times, million webforms and their answer is keep waiting too! I don't know what else to do. I don't even know how to withdraw my application.

anuj7kaushik

Feb 20, 2015
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 1, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 16, 2021.
But I have not received my card yet

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
My application was sent back to me because of the same 2 reasons. So frustrating!!!I took the new photo, filled and signed the new application form, sent it back again. Finger crossed.
Please let us know when you receive your PR card as I had to resend the PR photos again and am waiting for them to arrive. One question - The total days to process the PRcard are 129 days and if we resend the Photos again, does this 129 days cycle start again or it resumes ?

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
So I finally know why it took so long for my pr card. They unfortunately rejected my photos with no specific details. I went to a different studio and had them re taken on February 6th. I did call the cic before i mailed them and they said just resend them with the attached letter they sent me. Sigh * good luck everyone!!!
Please let us know when you get your PR card as even I had to retake my photos and send them again. Also, have you linked your PR card to CIC. Can you tell me what is the update there?

mindHacker

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, For renewal cases, When does the 4th line appear saying that it was sent to you? Did you guys see it before receiving the card or did it take a while ?

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 5, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 1, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 16, 2021.
But I have not received my card yet
It will come, don't needlessly stress. It took me less than 2 weeks to have mine in the mail.

mohsinis

Feb 3, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ontario
I mailed my photos. and the doc, but I don't have any visibility into what's going on. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do check the statuses of my PR card?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hi guys, For renewal cases, When does the 4th line appear saying that it was sent to you? Did you guys see it before receiving the card or did it take a while ?
The line appears after they send it and week to 10 days after the status changes to decision made. Once they send it, it takes 3 days to 2 weeks to receive it.

saleem7821

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2013
Nomination.....
PER Received :16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 Remedical Assessment Request : 26-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2014 Remedical done : 17-09-2015
Passport Req..
PPR1 : 28-Oct-2014 , PPR2 : 26-Oct-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-Oct-2015
LANDED..........
InshahAllah May 2016 Welcome Edmonton
Hello ,
I submitted my application for PR card renewal on 07 November 2020 and it was received at CIC office on November 12, 2020 . Last week March 12, 2021 my application returned because of photo specification doesn't match CIC requirements . I have received letter from CIC which has below mentioned statement :

Application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences , re-sign and re-date the application , otherwise the application will be returned as incomplete .

Can anyone educate me what does it mean ? can I send the same returned application with only new photos or should I have to prepare new application , re-date and re-sign ?

Any help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Hello ,
I submitted my application for PR card renewal on 07 November 2020 and it was received at CIC office on November 12, 2020 . Last week March 12, 2021 my application returned because of photo specification doesn't match CIC requirements . I have received letter from CIC which has below mentioned statement :

Application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences , re-sign and re-date the application , otherwise the application will be returned as incomplete .

Can anyone educate me what does it mean ? can I send the same returned application with only new photos or should I have to prepare new application , re-date and re-sign ?

Any help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks
If the signature on your application will be more than 90 days old when they receive it again then you are better off redoing the latest form and sign that along with new photos.

Note that you may send both applications (old and new form) with cover letter stating that old application is attached for reference; so they don't treat as a totally new application.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Applied for two people, update in orange:

Husband status is as following:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 18, 2021.
  2. We started processing your application on March 5, 2021
ECAS status is now "Decision Made" as of 25-March-2021 for husband application now.

Wife status is as following (application approved+card mailed):
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 18, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2021 (ECAS status also updated to "Decision Made")
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 15, 2021. (ECAS status updated to "Complete")

Reactions: iBarjar

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is a timeline for our (wife and myself) "renewal" of PR Cards.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 11, 2021.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 2, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2021.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 15, 2021.
We are now waiting for the cards. Will keep you all posted, when we receive them.
In continuation:
5. Received our PR cards on March 22, 2021

mindHacker

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application timeline is same as yours, The last update is
We started processing your application on March 14, 2021 + Decision Made status ..
Silence after that .. but i see one or two in the forum got mailed their cards . but not in my case yet
Hi, have you received your card? Mine is in process plus decision made since one week earlier than u.
Frustrating !