+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - First Card Processing

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi when you guys say a ghost update did the application status change from Submitted to Application Updated and then when you went into the application there was no messages and when you came back or logged in again the application status change to Submitted again ?? I am an outland applicant but I saw a status change from submitted to application updated/New change in application and then it went back to submitted again. There was no information change or messages inside the application. So would like to get a clarification.

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
Just curious if anyone is getting their first PR cards? If so, how long was your wait time, from the time you landed?

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
Landed late May. Recently sent IRCC WebForm to request update. IRCC replied last week that "your permanent resident card should be mailed shortly."

Nov 29, 2020
Hi All,
received COPR last week in Montreal. according to it, I just need to send a copy of COPR with one photo to Montreal IRCC office, correct? so it means I cannot link it to my CIC account? Is it a correct assessment?

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
I'm sorry, but I for one do not have an answer for you. Since this particular forum has been mostly focused on PR card processing, it might benefit you to look for another forum that can focus more keenly on steps to take at the CoPR level. Best of luck.

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
Hi All,

Checking if anyone has idea on how the timelines are for the new PR card arrival.

I completed my landing in Canada on Oct 6 2020 and I was able to link my PR card application online as well. It shows submitted from the past almost 2 month now. Can anyone tell me how much time its taking to get the new PR card in the current scenario?

I am planning to visit my home country so was planning to have physical card in hand so it will be easy for my return. Any suggestion/inputs will be helpful..

Thanks in advance!!!!

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
Reactions: rahmath8121

rahmath8121

May 3, 2019
You might try sending a message to IRCC via their WebForm - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1. I've communicated that way with IRCC a couple of times and it seems to have improved the response time. However, the turnaround time for WebForm communications in itself is a week or two. You may also want to apply for a PRTD - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10.
Hi,

Thank you so much for the response I have raised the webform and will wait for there reply. I have looked at applying for the PRTD document but there one requirement when applying that document. We have to meet the residency obligation in Canada. As I have recently landed in canada I cannot complete the obligation to apply for it. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. Thanks again.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E2