+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card - First Card Processing

chaokeeng

Jun 3, 2020
As of 14 July 2020, new PR card processing time is 128 days. Anyone still waiting for their first PR card?

sds1988

Jul 14, 2020
As of 14 July 2020, new PR card processing time is 128 days. Anyone still waiting for their first PR card?
Waiting since Jan 15. Sent my solemn declaration but they're still stuck at processing cards from Feb. I'm so frustrated

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All,
Need any helpful info/ insights on my situation. Below is our timeline.
-COPR approved - Jan 15 2020
-Landed in Toronto - June 25 2020
-Applied (i.e linked the principal applicant’s PR application to the CIC profile) for PR card - June 27 2020. The status is submitted. No Ghost update or any other messages or emails.
- Still not able to link the PR application for dependent applicant.
-Applied for SIN (both principal and dependent) - July 10 2020
-Received SIN of principal - July 21 2020
- Called Service Canada from USA to ask about dependent’s SIN on Aug 14 2020 and they told there was some problem with his application so we need to wait and the file is yet to be opened.

For the PR card and SIN, I have given my friend’s address and I have even received my SIN. Now, since their lease has expired they have moved to a new place and I am looking at the process to change the address for PR card and SIN (dependent) I am trying to update the address in the below link
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do but whenever I give my UCI or application number it says not able to identify a file.
1) Has anyone done this process through the link or through web form ?
2) Was it successful?
3) Do we get any notification about the address change ?
4) Does this change of address apply for SIN as well? Or is it just for the PR card ?
Thanks in advance for your replies:)

juliago

Aug 13, 2020
Yes, and called IRCC a lot of times. Agents are telling that covid delays everything, while ecas says that now information on first cards is totally unavailable(
and mycic can't be linked, as there is no information found on my application((((((

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
and mycic can't be linked, as there is no information found on my application((((((
I understand your situation. I had same issue with first card. Try with multiple combinations to link the card. All we can do now is wait, hoping they will process them fast. Hope you will get it fast. Good luck!

TMELL

Mar 28, 2020
Same issue here, I'm still waiting for first PR card. Landed in mid-May and current processing times for new PR card are estimated at 105 days, which puts it a month late. I understand that covid issues are delaying things, and that's a good reason to be patient. But if anyone has any insights on how delayed things really are, or when the queue might begin to catch up, that would be appreciated.