+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application processing at CIC Calgary

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Called today again and finally talked to someone.
Still the same answer - eligibility not started BG in progress.
I asked the agent why is it taking over 3 months for BG, and he said : " there is no timeline set for how long BG takes..."
Whatever that means :)
I also asked why Calgary VO, he said regular work distribution.
So I guess I can just be patient and wait...

hpsingh

Aug 5, 2013
Called today again and finally talked to someone.
Still the same answer - eligibility not started BG in progress.
I asked the agent why is it taking over 3 months for BG, and he said : " there is no timeline set for how long BG takes..."
Whatever that means :)
I also asked why Calgary VO, he said regular work distribution.
So I guess I can just be patient and wait...
What is your aor

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
Lol. No worries. My eligibility, criminality and medical are passed. Security is what's delaying my application now and yes, security usually commences once eligibility is passed
Hey any updates buddy in your status?

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Hi, Any updates on your applications?
i just keep wondering, we find very handful of applications which are processed in calgary VO on this forum.
does this mean that very very few applications are transferred to calgary VO? If yes, why? there might be a reason. or the brighter side, most of the applications processed at calgary VO are processed sooner and only few applications get delayed? (depends on each case).
really hard to track the processing times at this VO as they are not many people on this forum.
can someone share any applications which were processed under 6months of timeframe in Calgary VO?

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
I received my first ghost update on my application homepage, this is the first sign I’ve seen Since my medicals passed on December 1st, hopefully this means there is movement, yay!

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Pranitha,
I can’t work out how to reply to your response, if doesn’t seem give me the reply option. So i’ll do it here! :)
Today is the first update since medicals passed on December 1st. I phoned up a few weeks ago and only criminality was underway.
Perhaps this marks the start of security? Or eligibility passed! (desperately hoping it’s not a negative update if they were looking at eligibility!)
I was very happy to see some progress though :D

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Frankly! i am more happier by seeing your message :D
one positive response i heard from calgary vo. that is yours.
i lost all hope since i read updates from calgary vo, but by your post i got little hope.
i hope you receive your ppr soon. good luck! keep me posted.
if you dont mind can you share your timeline?
Thanks.

Aburleigh

Feb 5, 2019
Frankly! i am more happier by seeing your message :D
one positive response i heard from calgary vo. that is yours.
i lost all hope since i read updates from calgary vo, but by your post i got little hope.
i hope you receive your ppr soon. good luck! keep me posted.
if you dont mind can you share your timeline?
Thanks.
Of course :)
ITA- Oct 15th
AOR - Nov 3rd
CEC inland
MEP- Dec 1st
Medical req- dec 8th
Back to passed Dec 15th (had already had an upfront one done)
Profile showed ip2 from Dec 1st
Today- first ghost update

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Of course :)
ITA- Oct 15th
AOR - Nov 3rd
CEC inland
MEP- Dec 1st
Medical req- dec 8th
Back to passed Dec 15th (had already had an upfront one done)
Profile showed ip2 from Dec 1st
Today- first ghost update
thanks. good luck!

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Your timeline is exactly the same as mine, any updates?
Called IIRC yesterday. First try was no luck, got an agent who wouldn't say anything at all. Kept repeating that he sees what I see only.

Second call was successful. Very nice agent told me that nothing moved since last call. BG still in progress, since Dec. I asked why, he said cause it's not done by IRCC ...
Eligibility and Security not started.
He also said that a fact that my passport is gonna be 6m to expiry next month can be negative and depending on the agent they can reject the application or ask for new passport.

I think that the file wasn't opened after R10, as all RCMP and info share is done, and analyst recommended to pass Criminality but no notes after that.

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi, Any updates on your applications?
i just keep wondering, we find very handful of applications which are processed in calgary VO on this forum.
does this mean that very very few applications are transferred to calgary VO? If yes, why? there might be a reason. or the brighter side, most of the applications processed at calgary VO are processed sooner and only few applications get delayed? (depends on each case).
really hard to track the processing times at this VO as they are not many people on this forum.
can someone share any applications which were processed under 6months of timeframe in Calgary VO?
Hi, I cannot answer your msg, doesnt give me an option to replay :(