+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
I can understand Samer situation as refugee claimant, It is very hard and painful to live alone in the country where you don't know anyone. Secondly his frustration is reasonable, he started this thread and meanwhile everybody who posted here got their hearing dates except him so please don't judge anyone because you don't know their circumstances.
Exactly. We cannot simply tell Samer to go back. He knows that he can go back anytime he wants to but there are definitely some circumstances unknown to us that prevent him from doing so. Just like the rest of us waiting, he is emotional, sensitive, and frustrated. I, myself, haven't seen my husband for one year and 3 months and it's really painful to endure. Pretty sure Samer is going through a similar situation...

Reactions: captains

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I can understand Samer situation as refugee claimant, It is very hard and painful to live alone in the country where you don't know anyone. Secondly his frustration is reasonable, he started this thread and meanwhile everybody who posted here got their hearing dates except him so please don't judge anyone because you don't know their circumstances.
I know I will never be able to understand the situation one must be in to flee their homeland due to fear of their life. It must be extremely difficult and something you can only understand if put in those shoes. I consider myself very fortunate to have been born in Canada, I can thank my dad who immigrated here around 50 years ago through proper channels. I realized how lucky I was even more after joining this forum for my wifes pr file and seeing others stories. Even more so as I plan holidays with my wife who does not have a Canadian passport yet and I see how powerful this passport is, I rarely had to think twice about going to visit any country that I wished but my wife cannot.

Having said that, I am not judging the man....but I will defend my country when it has been continually bad mouthed throughout a posters posting history. When that country doesn't even have to look after anyone other than their own citizens/pr holders.

I have a question, genuine question as I am not sure how the process gets funded. Where does the money come from to pay the people that review cases, or to file the paperwork? To help new refugees with basic needs while they wait for a work permit? If the answer is tax payer money then I will reserve the right to pass judgement as a tax payer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Copingwithlife

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Exactly. We cannot simply tell Samer to go back. He knows that he can go back anytime he wants to but there are definitely some circumstances unknown to us that prevent him from doing so. Just like the rest of us waiting, he is emotional, sensitive, and frustrated. I, myself, haven't seen my husband for one year and 3 months and it's really painful to endure. Pretty sure Samer is going through a similar situation...
So you were in such a situation that you had to leave your husband behind and not be able to see them for over a year and who knows for how long. At your moment of need a country took you in and is willing to hear your case (at whatever pace they seem fit) , having no obligation to provide anything for you and with the ability to turn you away. But the country is good enough that it sees the need to provide protection to those that qualify. So now you would bad mouth such a country? Doesn't make sense. They don't owe anyone anything.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jan 10, 2017
I know I will never be able to understand the situation one must be in to flee their homeland due to fear of their life. It must be extremely difficult and something you can only understand if put in those shoes. I consider myself very fortunate to have been born in Canada, I can thank my dad who immigrated here around 50 years ago through proper channels. I realized how lucky I was even more after joining this forum for my wifes pr file and seeing others stories.

Having said that, I am not judging the man....but I will defend my country when it has been continually bad mouthed throughout a posters posting history. When that country doesn't even have to look after anyone other than their own citizens/pr holders.

I have a question, genuine question as I am not sure how the process gets funded. Where does the money come from to pay the people that review cases, or to file the paperwork? To help new refugees with basic needs while they wait for a work permit? If the answer is tax payer money then I will reserve the right to pass judgement as a tax payer.
I agree with you, as a tax payer you reserve right to pass your judgement but the refugee claimants also paying taxes and as a tax payer then they also reserve right to complain. I'm telling you being alone in the country and wait for the hearing it is beyond to imagine if someone is not in the same shoe then they will never know how hard it is to live like this.

Reactions: captains

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I agree with you, as a tax payer you reserve right to pass your judgement but the refugee claimants also paying taxes and as a tax payer then they also reserve right to complain. I'm telling you being alone in the country and wait for the hearing it is beyond to imagine if someone is not in the same shoe then they will never know how hard it is to live like this.
Sometimes the complaining is unjustified or misdirected.

Reactions: 9990

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
So you were in such a situation that you had to leave your husband behind and not be able to see them for over a year and who knows for how long. At your moment of need a country took you in and is willing to hear your case (at whatever pace they seem fit) , having no obligation to provide anything for you and with the ability to turn you away. But the country is good enough that it sees the need to provide protection to those that qualify. So now you would bad mouth such a country? Doesn't make sense. They don't owe anyone anything.
I'm quite aware that Canada doesn't awe me anything but thanks anyway for pointing that out multiple times. I have never said or endorsed "bad mounting" a lovely country such as Canada. All I'm saying is that others might want to be considerate and less harsh on refugee claimants' feelings. With all seriousness, we're not that ungrateful. We're just human that sometimes go all out while expressing their emotions even though we don't truly mean it.
Be kind

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I'm quite aware that Canada doesn't awe me anything but thanks anyway for pointing that out multiple times. I have never said or endorsed "bad mounting" a lovely country such as Canada. All I'm saying is that others might want to be considerate and less harsh on refugee claimants' feelings. With all seriousness, we're not that ungrateful. We're just human that sometimes go all out while expressing their emotions even though we don't truly mean it.
Be kind
Sorry if it seemed like that post was directed at you....I think you know who it was directed towards....and you were coming to that persons defense which in a way is endorsing their behavior.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Cheers guys,
Canada is the best. I am a refugee, and I was waiting for eight months, and then I was accepted.
Waiting is painful, but when I compare it with refugees circumstances in other countries, I have to say Canada is the best.
I grow up in Iran, and my family was an Afghan refugee family. There in Iran, all the nationals are harsh on refugees. Pure racism and they are proud of it. Refugees are continuously humiliated everywhere and by everyone. You can not go to school unless you pay a huge tuition that practically most of the refugees can not. You can not travel outside the city without a limited time paper permission, and police check you in all checkpoints and treat you like a criminal. There are cities you absolutely can not travel. There is no work permit and even registered refugees only can work in the black market. If you marry an Iranian woman the children will be refugees too! Refugees can be arrested and tortured by any police officer and even be deported immediately without notice. Just imagine leave your house in the morning and then be arrested and deported and your family does not know where you are. You can not have a driving license or a car. You have to buy mobile phone illegally or an Iranian friend buys it for you. There is no health insurance for refugees and most of the hospitals do not accept to visit refugees. If you die you cannot be buried in public graveyards. We lived there for 25 years! It is a long story of pain. Canada is the best country for refugees even if there are some technical delays.
Thank you, Canada, and God bless Canada.
Jalal

Last edited:

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Where are you from? Are you the applicant or your husband?
Does your husband have a residency in your country?
If yes it is a very big threat to your application.
hi no my husband has no residence in my county. My country does not accept foreigners as husband. He has never been in my country.

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Cheers guys,
Canada is the best. I am a refugee, and I was waiting for eight months, and then I was accepted.
Waiting is painful, but when I compare it with refugees circumstances in other countries, I have to say Canada is the best.
I grow up in Iran, and my family was an Afghan refugee family. There in Iran, all the nationals are harsh on refugees. Pure racism and they are proud of it. Refugees are continuously humiliated everywhere and by everyone. You can not go to school unless you pay a huge tuition that practically most of the refugees can not. You can not travel outside the city without a limited time paper permission, and police check you in all checkpoints and treat you like a criminal. There are cities you absolutely can not travel. There is no work permit and even registered refugees only can work in the black market. If you marry an Iranian woman the children will be refugees too! Refugees can be arrested and tortured by any police officer and even be deported immediately without notice. Just imagine leave your house in the morning and then be arrested and deported and your family does not know where you are. You can not have a driving license or a car. You have to buy mobile phone illegally or an Iranian friend buys it for you. There is no health insurance for refugees and most of the hospitals do not accept to visit refugees. If you die you cannot be buried in public graveyards. We lived there for 25 years! It is a long story of pain. Canada is the best country for refugees even if there are some technical delays.
Jalal
I need help with the whole procedures. You seems to be very helpful and are very resourceful. Can i write you personal message and seek your help? thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Cheers guys,
Jalal
Hi Jalal,

I know you are very happy to have received protected status and so quickly given that the expedited country list no longer exists. I would suggest you tone down your exuberance especially on this stream because most others have not been so lucky. Most have waited longer than you, even though they may be from a country with a high acceptance rate, or may have even been refused. Can you imagine reading your notes if you were the one waiting close to 2 years? Just remember to be sensitive that others have not been as lucky as you.

Reactions: 9990

Double flame

Oct 8, 2018
Hi Jalal,

I know you are very happy to have received protected status and so quickly given that the expedited country list no longer exists. I would suggest you tone down your exuberance especially on this stream because most others have not been so lucky. Most have waited longer than you, even though they may be from a country with a high acceptance rate, or may have even been refused. Can you imagine reading your notes if you were the one waiting close to 2 years? Just remember to be sensitive that others have not been as lucky as you.
I think our brother is doing the right thing for still sticking around to answer any of our questions and give us encouragement.I believe it’s ok for him to share his happiness on this thread the same way he did when he was going through the frustration of waiting in limbo.It’s a very painful thing to wait for so long and I hope that we all get lucky soon

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Jalal,

Dear Canuck78
I know you for a long time on this website!
I think we should call you king or queen of disagreement.
First of all, My message above was totally real and the only part that caught your attention was the waiting time!
Read it again!
I would be same grateful even if my waiting time was 2 years or even more.
let's be honest, I think you are an anonymous person who uses the desperate situation of asylum seekers in this forum and judges them and misinforms them with your personal ideas as facts!
I saw in other forums you are doing the same. for example, in permanent residency froum, you are telling people that PR card is like passport and they can travel around the world with a PR card and no passport. that is funny!
anyway, The expedite list still exists and one of my close friends who is also in this forum just received his expedite letter last Friday (2 days ago).
let's be honest with people and give them the truth and not our ideas and fake hope or uncertainty.
best regards,
Madam/Mrs/Ms or Mr. Canuk

Last edited:
Reactions: 9990 and Onetv1

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I think our brother is doing the right thing for still sticking around to answer any of our questions and give us encouragement.I believe it’s ok for him to share his happiness on this thread the same way he did when he was going through the frustration of waiting in limbo.It’s a very painful thing to wait for so long and I hope that we all get lucky soon
Thank you, man,
I am happy that you understand me well.
I answered the Canuk78 just 1 min ago.
Brothers and sisters keep your hope. The expedite list still exists ( I am talking with evidence).
Do not accept every negative message.
Wish best for all of us.
If I was removed from this forum, please send me personal messages.
I will share all my information with you
Jalal

Reactions: 9990 and Onetv1

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Mr. Jalal,

Thank you so much for your encouragement and all you have done to me during my waiting time. You are the best person and honest always I’ve been inspired by your message.

Anyway, I am from Afghanistan I’ve received my letter of expedited last week. The expedite list still exists. And please don’t listen to anyone and negative thoughts.