+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hello, Congratulation for your baby. So he/she is a Canadian.
I applied in Oct 2017 in Ontario. the first fake hearing was dec 2017 then in July they removed me from expediting then in August another hearing was canceled and finally, I had a hearing end of sep 2018. Totally 11 months.
I feel lucky because many people have to wait longer.
I do not know where are you from but I think at least one-year waiting time is normal. I hope it does not be longer than a year.
Thank you. Yes my boy was born in canada. Some say it carries a lot of weight and some say it does not matter. I still even do not have hearing date and no proper lawyer. I'm worried so much. How to connect with these people and check on my hearing date. Can you please consult. Thanks

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
It takes 11 months to have a hearing date , i applied end of jan 2018 , my hearing now will be on 12/12/2018 .. remaning about one month and a half ..hopefully i can get acceptance ... i will do my best , and i translate every document...

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
It takes 11 months to have a hearing date , i applied end of jan 2018 , my hearing now will be on 12/12/2018 .. remaning about one month and a half ..hopefully i can get acceptance ... i will do my best , and i translate every document...
Did your hearing get postponed? I still don't know when mine will be...good luck to you.

Jan 10, 2017
Thank you. Yes my boy was born in canada. Some say it carries a lot of weight and some say it does not matter. I still even do not have hearing date and no proper lawyer. I'm worried so much. How to connect with these people and check on my hearing date. Can you please consult. Thanks
In which province you are in? Go to legal aid office they'll get you a lawyer if you already have one from legal aid and you need to change the lawyer within legal aid office you can do that as well. In refugee case having a Canadian child unfortunately doesn't weigh a lot only your story and the reason of your persecution is matter. I hope very best for you and everyone.
Where are you from?

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
In which province you are in? Go to legal aid office they'll get you a lawyer if you already have one from legal aid and you need to change the lawyer within legal aid office you can do that as well. In refugee case having a Canadian child unfortunately doesn't weigh a lot only your story and the reason of your persecution is matter. I hope very best for you and everyone.
Where are you from?
I'm from Afghanistan...although not afghan by passport but my husband is from there and I have lived there for 5 years. I'm in calgary.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello guys,
a question about child benefit.
How long does it take for the child benefit to be paid after the application in ARC?
Is there a long waiting time or waiting list?
Thank you

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I'm from Afghanistan...although not afghan by passport but my husband is from there and I have lived there for 5 years. I'm in calgary.
Where are you from? Are you the applicant or your husband?
Does your husband have a residency in your country?
If yes it is a very big threat to your application.