Postponed hearings timelines

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Utterly rubbish FALSE information. The expedited policy STILL IN PLACE, with Turkey being the latest addition to the list.

DO NOT spread misleading info to others unless you provide OFFICIAL sources.

Here's the latest update regarding the policy from last June.

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/information-sheets/Pages/expedited-processing-refugee-claims.aspx
Expedited claims used to be separated out from the general pile. It is now FIFO because it was taking to much time to separate the files. Applicants from the list of expedited countries may get lucky and have their interview requirement waived when their name comes up based on FIFO.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Canuck78
I know you for a long time on this website!
I think we should call you king or queen of disagreement.
First of all, My message above was totally real and the only part that caught your attention was the waiting time!
Read it again!
I would be same grateful even if my waiting time was 2 years or even more.
let's be honest, I think you are an anonymous person who uses the desperate situation of asylum seekers in this forum and judges them and misinforms them with your personal ideas as facts!
I saw in other forums you are doing the same. for example, in permanent residency froum, you are telling people that PR card is like passport and they can travel around the world with a PR card and no passport. that is funny!
anyway, The expedite list still exists and one of my close friends who is also in this forum just received his expedite letter last Friday (2 days ago).
let's be honest with people and give them the truth and not our ideas and fake hope or uncertainty.
best regards,
Madam/Mrs/Ms or Mr. Canuk
Never told people they can travel the world with just a PR card. If you are going to criticize me at least back up claims with evidence. The expedited policy has changed dramatically and in no way guarantees and expedited hearing. There are many posters on the expedited list that are waiting 1-2 years. There was a move to FIFO and now some the straightforward or vulnerable cases are processed within a year. Expedited cases are no longer separated into a whole other pile because it was too labour intensive.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Ultimately it is the voting public who will have a say, since the next general election will be next year, not anyone expressing frustration regarding long hearing or decision wait times to remain in this country that gave them temporary refuge
Canadians may sympathize up to a point , but only up to a point, if they feel THEIR tax dollars are not being efficiently spent, that sympathy will go away very quickly . If they feel the immigration or refugee program needs to be tightened they will vote for the party that says they will do this
As the article mentions , immigration policy in this country will be at the forefront of election issues to be voted on next year

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4832325

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets13 and Bryanna

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Anyone with info to the fact that asylum claims hearing are now in fast mode, I came in April of this year and how soon do you think I will have a hearing.......

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jan 10, 2017
Anyone with info to the fact that asylum claims hearing are now in fast mode, I came in April of this year and how soon do you think I will have a hearing.......
In July my lawyer advised me to wait for 1.5 to 2 years to get hearing date but last month he said time has been reduced now have to wait for 1 or 1.5 years to get hearing date.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Never told people they can travel the world with just a PR card. If you are going to criticize me at least back up claims with evidence. The expedited policy has changed dramatically and in no way guarantees and expedited hearing. There are many posters on the expedited list that are waiting 1-2 years. There was a move to FIFO and now some the straightforward or vulnerable cases are processed within a year. Expedited cases are no longer separated into a whole other pile because it was too labour intensive.
You know what I am talking about! I can not search in 100s posts to find it. Anyway, what is evidence for each line you wrote? Are these fact or you assumptions? First you said expedite list does not exist and after people proved it exists you said ok it exists but fifo. Are you aware any sentence can have influence on people and they might withdraw their cases because of a bad conclusion of an stranger's sentences?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Generally speaking, please chill guys. Take it easy.

One can only imagine the frustration, tears and pain at being separated from your families for years.... and for having to wait endlessly for decisions. It's like as if your lives in the Pause mode. But, you know that the wait is worth it :)

If someone made a factual mistake, it would only be courteous to point it out in a polite way. It's rather disturbing to see the spew of almost hate-like posts for an innocuous factual mistake. Anyone can make a mistake.

Ultimately, whatever a forum member posts on here does not matter. It's all up to IRB and how they are coping with the influx of refugees. And, one has the option to seek legal advice instead of relying on the advice of forum members.

Until then, keep the faith :)

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Generally speaking, please chill guys. Take it easy.

One can only imagine the frustration, tears and pain at being separated from your families for years.... and for having to wait endlessly for decisions. It's like as if your lives in the Pause mode. But, you know that the wait is worth it :)

If someone made a factual mistake, it would only be courteous to point it out in a polite way. It's rather disturbing to see the spew of almost hate-like posts for an innocuous factual mistake. Anyone can make a mistake.

Ultimately, whatever a forum member posts on here does not matter. It's all up to IRB and how they are coping with the influx of refugees. And, one has the option to seek legal advice instead of relying on the advice of forum members.

Until then, keep the faith :)
Totally agree,
At end of the day all of us will be accepted.
God bless everyone

Reactions: 9990

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Depends on how lucky you are no more no less
Here comes the whiner again!
Yes, it's all about luck. Immigration officers randomly process cases while they smoke weed all day in office.
If you don't like it, LEAVE! At least it would be one less burden to worry about!
The question that really urges me every time I read your posts is: What are you complaining about?! You are living in Canada and permitted to work!
Aren't you supposed to be here ONLY for seeking protection because it is "unsafe" in your home country? Or you came here seeking PR and citizenship?!
REAL refugees seek safety anywhere, OPPORTUNIST ECONOMIC MIGRANTS seek strong passports!

Jan 10, 2017
Hello guys,

Finally, I got my hearing rescheduled on Nov 22, 2018. Do you have any idea, how long a hearing lasts? and what kind of questions the officer asks likely? I am very nervous, kinda anxiety. Do I need to bring all original documents? your tips will be appreciated. thanks
They going to ask you question from your BOC story and maybe some out of it but be ready to answer the questions. Hearing normally does last between 2 to 3 hours but some time finish before that.
Have you attended ready tour of IRB which is organized by PRAIDA in Montreal, it is very helpful they takes you to hearing room and explain about the procedures from beginning to the end of your journey it is very useful.
Tip:
Try to answer through your BOC story and do not go beyond to it because it seems to them you are adding it to look entertaining.
If you don't know the answer tell them straight away you don't know. Do not guess. Be honest, be truthful you'll get it. All the best.

Reactions: Surprising.Leo

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Hello guys,

Finally, I got my hearing rescheduled on Nov 22, 2018. Do you have any idea, how long a hearing lasts? and what kind of questions the officer asks likely? I am very nervous, kinda anxiety. Do I need to bring all original documents? your tips will be appreciated. thanks
My friend, my hearing also it will be on12/12/2018 ,i make a lot of researches, and find those questions they will deffenitly ask you : 1-why you apply for refugue? What kind of threat ?If you return to your home country what it will happen ?they will ask also about your journey in your home country?and if you move to another city...you should calm and answer and also you have supporting documents..

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
I really appreciate your reply. You mentioned very important points. Thank you so much! I wish you good luck.
My friend , i know what are you feeling my hearing it wil be soon,but beleive me just relax and answer the questions , all the question they will ask you from boc, my advise is to make a time frame..