+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

SaudiGirl

Nov 21, 2018
Thank- you! Sure, I applied here in Toronto in July 2017, and got first hearing in Sep 2017, which got postponed and this one was my second hearing.
are you from an expedited country? were you already in Canada before you applied or were you a new arrival?

im applying monday and unsure of how long i will be waiting any help appreciated , how long after you gave in forms was your eligiblity interview? how long did it last?

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
are you from an expedited country? were you already in Canada before you applied or were you a new arrival?

im applying monday and unsure of how long i will be waiting any help appreciated , how long after you gave in forms was your eligiblity interview? how long did it last?
Don't apply in Toronto, it's fatal mistake

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Thank- you! Sure, I applied here in Toronto in July 2017, and got first hearing in Sep 2017, which got postponed and this one was my second hearing.
I want your help mine hearing is in first week of January and plz share your no or whatsapp so I may be able you to Ask some questions about your research
My husband is in stress about hearing so I want to ask you questions regarding your experience.

Jan 10, 2017
I want your help mine hearing is in first week of January and plz share your no or whatsapp so I may be able you to Ask some questions about your research
My husband is in stress about hearing so I want to ask you questions regarding your experience.
Hi Virgono,
May I ask you to share your waiting time for your hearing mean how long did it took you to get the hearing after you applied for refugee? In which city you have your hearing?

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
LOL Samer is a little bit dramatic.
The waiting time is similar all over the country as I know. Because it is a Federal program.
Hi Virgono,
May I ask you to share your waiting time for your hearing mean how long did it took you to get the hearing after you applied for refugee? In which city you have your hearing?
11 months and I m in ottawa

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hi, yes i had hearing today and my claim got accepted! I am so happy, right now!!!. The hearing went well. The judge asked me different questions regarding the documents i provided and how i obtained them. They have also done some research in back end and gave me some material which was contradicting my story, and i was asked read and give explanation it to him, which i did (I'm glad i had done research before). Also, they asked regarding my family and what steps we made to prevent whatever problem i mentioned.

However, I think being transparent, providing solid story backing with documentation and explanation of those documents were important. I would also suggest preparation is the key too. Knowing significant factors and their dates in your story.
I just want to ask what kind of research they have done and where u get tips for that?

chocho555

Feb 26, 2017
Hi every one
I am new in this post, I was reading all the past posts and taking tips from it. I entered Canada from US using third party agreement. I enentered in August 2017 and my file had been chosen as expedite proccesing, and my hearing was in October 2017 and they inform us to attend on the exact date if we did not recieve any approval from them without hearing, so before one day of our hearing they call our lawyer and inform him that our hearing had been postponed.
After that we keep on waiting and with our lawyer insisting to get a hearing date for us, so we get our hearing finally last week.
The hearing last for one hour and half and it was all about our BOC , the judge go in deep in all the documents and asking the same questions in different ways, and after that our claim has been accepted thanks god and god bless Canada.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hi every one
I am new in this post, I was reading all the past posts and taking tips from it. I entered Canada from US using third party agreement. I enentered in August 2017 and my file had been chosen as expedite proccesing, and my hearing was in October 2017 and they inform us to attend on the exact date if we did not recieve any approval from them without hearing, so before one day of our hearing they call our lawyer and inform him that our hearing had been postponed.
After that we keep on waiting and with our lawyer insisting to get a hearing date for us, so we get our hearing finally last week.
The hearing last for one hour and half and it was all about our BOC , the judge go in deep in all the documents and asking the same questions in different ways, and after that our claim has been accepted thanks god and god bless Canada.
Congrates.

Are you in quebec or ontario.

Jan 10, 2017
Hi every one
Congratulations!!!

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
LOL Samer is a little bit dramatic.
The waiting time is similar all over the country as I know. Because it is a Federal program.
You are wrong, being lucky doesn't mean everyone is, I'm getting a lot of messages from ppl with around 2 years of waiting, they lost the interest in posting in public giving such opinions from lucky ppl dear.
IF someone is about to apply, he/ she better go to the east part of the country.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

pipex

Oct 6, 2018
Hello brothers and sisters I heard that some more judges are hired in Ontario Toronto to see the refugee claimants case!! is there any one who have information on this issue?