+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Hello guys,

Finally, I got my hearing rescheduled on Nov 22, 2018. Do you have any idea, how long a hearing lasts? and what kind of questions the officer asks likely? I am very nervous, kinda anxiety. Do I need to bring all original documents? your tips will be appreciated. thanks
Congrats bro fo your big day. Would like to know when u made ur claim in Canada.

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
My friend, my hearing also it will be on12/12/2018 ,i make a lot of researches, and find those questions they will deffenitly ask you : 1-why you apply for refugue? What kind of threat ?If you return to your home country what it will happen ?they will ask also about your journey in your home country?and if you move to another city...you should calm and answer and also you have supporting documents..
I can but wish i have date. When did u make ur claim in Canada.?

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Yes, I am a bit nervous. I don't know how it gonna go. Luck plays in too. But thanks for your suggestions though.
Yes luck plays too , but do your best be calm , and be your answers short as it written in boc , dnt guess or add any information without documents...for ex( i am member of politic),here they will ask you do you have a member card ?.. i know a friend she said i am a journalist,and in court asked where the card and she lost her case .. anyway by one question you may loose your case

Reactions: Surprising.Leo

sima93

Nov 18, 2018
Hey ,
I made a claim on “ Feb 2018 “ at Alberta .
They gave me hearing date on “Sep 2018 “
But a week befor they send me a massage that due to lack of judge they will postponde to unkown date .
So any of you know how long it takes to reschedule hearing date ??

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
I received correspondence from IRB today stating that my file has been transferred to Vancouver and that a hearing will be held through video conference between Montreal and Vancouver (I'm in Ottawao_O). Has anyone here been through a similar situation? Hearing date is still to be determined

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received correspondence from IRB today stating that my file has been transferred to Vancouver and that a hearing will be held through video conference between Montreal and Vancouver (I'm in Ottawao_O). Has anyone here been through a similar situation? Hearing date is still to be determined
They are just spreading out the demand between adjudicators. Most of the claims have been in Ontario and Quebec.

Saraalsayadi

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone

Does anyone have any information about the new IRB office in Ottawa, are they only scheduling cases of regugee claimants already living in Ottawa or also refugee cases from all over the country. And also is the refugee claim processed any faster if it moves to the Ottawa IRB office?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone

Does anyone have any information about the new IRB office in Ottawa, are they only scheduling cases of regugee claimants already living in Ottawa or also refugee cases from all over the country. And also is the refugee claim processed any faster if it moves to the Ottawa IRB office?

Thank you
No location should make your case progress faster.

Reactions: Jalalcananda