+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
A friend of mine who came in November 2017 has been given a hearing date after the June 2018 was postponed indefinitely. He now has to appear by the 13th of November.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Today marks one year since I obtained my refugee claimant status.
I hope that all of us who haven't gotten a hearing date get one soon and im really happy for those who have!

Reactions: John Tom

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
Dear friends,

I've been following this thread for long time. I believe I owe to share my timeline with everyone.

I'm a Turkish citizen, I had lived in Montreal for 1 year on student permit before I claimed refugee in October 2017. I continued to study without getting a new Student Permit. My initial hearing date was June 2018 and was postponed like everyone else. In September 2018, my case was expedited and I was asked to submit additional documents. I sent additional documents in 1 day. Today, I received my positive decision letter without having a hearing. In short, it took 1 year in total to receive my decision letter.

No one can know how it is hard to wait better than us! People think that refugees are burden on the system but many do not empathize with us as we left our countries to find a safe place to live. You are all in my prayers!

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Dear friends,

I've been following this thread for long time. I believe I owe to share my timeline with everyone.

I'm a Turkish citizen, I had lived in Montreal for 1 year on student permit before I claimed refugee in October 2017. I continued to study without getting a new Student Permit. My initial hearing date was June 2018 and was postponed like everyone else. In September 2018, my case was expedited and I was asked to submit additional documents. I sent additional documents in 1 day. Today, I received my positive decision letter without having a hearing. In short, it took 1 year in total to receive my decision letter.

No one can know how it is hard to wait better than us! People think that refugees are burden on the system but many do not empathize with us as we left our countries to find a safe place to live. You are all in my prayers!
Congratulations bro! I feel relieved whenever I hear positive news from claimants from expedited countries.

If I may ask, what sort of additional documents did they ask you to submit? I've read in other threads about these additional documents for the expedited process but I have no idea what they are.

istmtl

Nov 6, 2018
Congratulations bro! I feel relieved whenever I hear positive news from claimants from expedited countries.

If I may ask, what sort of additional documents did they ask you to submit? I've read in other threads about these additional documents for the expedited process but I have no idea what they are.
They asked me to prove the reasons for claiming refugee I stated in my BOC. In the beginning, I submitted few documents as I was planning to gather other documents before my hearing. They simply ask to prove reasons of claiming refugee.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I wish I applied at a country with some justice brother. Nothing else I can say.
You are free to leave. Canada owes you nothing, not even the chance to present your case. The fact that they do is something that you should be grateful for ….even at whatever pace they do. As mentioned by other posters not every country gives this chance. If the justice is so bad why don't you return to the country of your birth? Or was it even worse there? If so who are you to complain about getting this chance at a country that I mention again owes you NOTHING!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
You are free to leave. Canada owes you nothing, not even the chance to present your case. The fact that they do is something that you should be grateful for ….even at whatever pace they do. As mentioned by other posters not every country gives this chance. If the justice is so bad why don't you return to the country of your birth? Or was it even worse there? If so who are you to complain about getting this chance at a country that I mention again owes you NOTHING!
I do not think Samer means what he is saying! He is frustrated and emotional at the moment. Canada is the best place for refugees. It is amazing they are welcoming to them.

Jan 10, 2017
I do not think Samer means what he is saying! He is frustrated and emotional at the moment. Canada is the best place for refugees. It is amazing they are welcoming to them.
I can understand Samer situation as refugee claimant, It is very hard and painful to live alone in the country where you don't know anyone. Secondly his frustration is reasonable, he started this thread and meanwhile everybody who posted here got their hearing dates except him so please don't judge anyone because you don't know their circumstances.