+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Depends if you case has been classified as expedited. If it is the case is likely to take around 1 year and perhaps a bit less. If you aren’t considered an expedited file it will be closer to 1-2 years if not more. If approved you would then need to apply for PR which currently takes a little less than 2 years. If you are trying to reunite with a spouse or children under 22 you would add on 3-6 months nths after you get PR. It is a long process.
Have you got your pr and secondly have you included your dependents in yr pr application do you have kids please share your timeline it would be very thankful of you and will i recieve the pr first and after that my kids will get ?

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hi dears,

Let's share the timeline of our postponed hearings as well as the given reason, place and why to come to Canada.

Mine as follow:

Proposed date of hearing: 22 Apri, 2017.
Reason for postponing: Lake of judges.
Place: Toronto.
Way of coming to Canada: TRV

Also, if someone gets a new hearing date please let's know.
Kind regards...
When did you apply? I'm waiting for hearing date. It's not scheduled yet.

HIND GHANEM

Oct 1, 2021
Hello guys,
We applied in May 2022, got our hearing scheduled for Nov, 22, 2023 and today it got postponed for administrative reasons.
we’re not sure what to expect or what those reas Might be.. they said they’re going to reschedule and send us the new date but we don’t know when yet..
we’re from Palestine where now the situation is not good at all, what do you think? I’m confused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,
We applied in May 2022, got our hearing scheduled for Nov, 22, 2023 and today it got postponed for administrative reasons.
we’re not sure what to expect or what those reas Might be.. they said they’re going to reschedule and send us the new date but we don’t know when yet..
we’re from Palestine where now the situation is not good at all, what do you think? I’m confused
There are many reasons for delays due to administrative reasons and it isn’t uncommon. Would just wait until your hearing is rescheduled.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello guys,
They did same thing to me and approved without hearing later:) I hope same for you:))

HIND GHANEM

Oct 1, 2021
They did same thing to me and approved without hearing later:) I hope same for you:))
Hi , thank you for your response! How long did it take between them postponing and approving? Also when did they let you know they are postponing?
did they let you know ahead that your case is less complex or was a hearing scheduled normally?
thank you!

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi , thank you for your response! How long did it take between them postponing and approving? Also when did they let you know they are postponing?
did they let you know ahead that your case is less complex or was a hearing scheduled normally?
thank you!
They postponed in the morning and approved around very afternoon. It was less complex.
But for my friend was regular hearing. They postponed. Gave decision a bit later. Not fast like mine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you!
This doesn’t guarantee that you won’t need a hearing. There are a multitude of reasons while hearings are postponed. All you can do is wait and see what happens.

HIND GHANEM

Oct 1, 2021
UPDATE: We got a new date. February 9th, 2024. I’m glad it’s not longer than that.
Cross your fingers for us please that it doesn’t get postponed again!
Thanks