+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hello,
I recently made an ATIP request, to get a copy of your file and notes made from IRB regarding your case.
I found that I was dismissed from short/less complex hearings. The issue for me was identity, even though my passport had visas from the US/Canada/UK/Schengen . She made a very ill advised decision I believe, and crossed me off the short hearing lists. Now i'm looking at a long time ahead of me for a regular hearing.

I will draft a complaint letter to the IRB regarding how easily the member dismissed the file and threw it into the inventory without checking my actual passport/identity, I don't believe she's smarter than US homeland security, or British intelligence and miraculously found my identity to be untrue. When I looked her up, she's been with IRB since the 90's, hardcore conservative even though she immigrated from Sri Lanka her self :D oh well I advise you guys to get ATIP to find out what your file at IRB looks like or if your still legible for less complex.

How did you request ATIP from IRB, I thought it's only for PR files.
please let me know which department you select it because I didn't find IRB only IRCC.

Thank you

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
How did you request ATIP from IRB, I thought it's only for PR files.
please let me know which department you select it because I didn't find IRB only IRCC.

Thank you
you can do it this way:

In writing

Eric Villemaire
ATIP Director
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Directorate
344 Slater Street, 14th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0K1

By fax
613-670-6851
Attention: Eric Villemaire, ATIP Director

Reactions: adbcca

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
you can do it this way:

In writing

Eric Villemaire
ATIP Director
Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
Access to Information and Privacy Directorate
344 Slater Street, 14th floor
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0K1

By fax
613-670-6851
Attention: Eric Villemaire, ATIP Director
Thank you, so you did it in writing?

Jan 10, 2017
Yes I have it’s legal aid lawyer and she don’t answer call or emails
Legal aid lawyers works like that. They don't even pay attention to your case though. It's been more than a year my lawyer doesn't told me whether does my case has merits to get accepted or not. In our last appointment I decided to asked him that question and his replied was YES your lives are in danger (that's it no more discussion about the case). Now I got the job and from next year I won't be eligible for legal aid anymore so I'm also looking for best lawyer in Montreal who can help me to prepare for my hearing.

A good lawyer is key of success.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Legal aid lawyers get paid a certain fee per client which isn’t very big so they can’t don’t answer constant questions. Most always work hard and make less money than purely private immigration lawyers. Doesn’t necessarily mean they are doing a bad job for you. There are long periods of time where they don’t hear anything from IRB about your case. If you have money how did you qualify for legal aid? Can’t suggest who is “best” in Montreal. Whether you get results has a lot to do with your proof of persecution and your story.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Legal aid lawyers works like that. They don't even pay attention to your case though. It's been more than a year my lawyer doesn't told me whether does my case has merits to get accepted or not. In our last appointment I decided to asked him that question and his replied was YES your lives are in danger (that's it no more discussion about the case). Now I got the job and from next year I won't be eligible for legal aid anymore so I'm also looking for best lawyer in Montreal who can help me to prepare for my hearing.

A good lawyer is key of success.
To be fair lawyers are not the ones making the decisions. They would be reluctant to say your case has merit because some will interpret this as a future acceptance. Just a reminder that these lawyers are given to you for free by the Canadian taxpayers and are paid less than private lawyers. In other provinces or the US you aren’t entitled to free legal representation. Already in Ontario asylum claimants have lost a lot of their access to legal aid. I am sure you will realize this when you get billed by the minute for every phone conversation or email reply. These things add up quickly.

Reactions: 9990

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Looks good:

La version française suit le texte anglais.

Starting July 31, you’ll see a progress bar for your In-Canada protected persons and Convention refugees application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application and will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

The progress bar will be available only if you have linked your application to your online account. Find out how to create an online account and link your application.

We’ll let you know by email when the progress bar is available for your application.

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
By fax and sent it in signed, UCI number, and request for ATIP, tales 3-4 business days, comes in a disk with all your file scanned, and any notes made by a member at initial screening to case officer logs
Hello pls can you check your pm or the student permit thread

You’re the only one who has successfully received in the thread and it will be really great if you could share your insights

I badly need some help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks good:

La version française suit le texte anglais.

Starting July 31, you’ll see a progress bar for your In-Canada protected persons and Convention refugees application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application and will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

The progress bar will be available only if you have linked your application to your online account. Find out how to create an online account and link your application.

We’ll let you know by email when the progress bar is available for your application.
This isn’t as good as you think. It won’t give an idea of when you will get a hearing. It will just show waiting for a hearing and average processing times which could say something like 15 months,